Feb 23, 2021
Martha Stewart has 30 employees working out of her New York farm, where a concierge doctor gives them all COVID-19 tests twice a week
This news has been received from: insider.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Martha Stewart transitioned her business operations to her New York farm. Cindy Ord/ Getty Images
- Martha Stewart turned her home into a production studio during the pandemic, and 30 employees are working there.
- A concierge doctor administers COVID-19 tests twice a week at the farm in Bedford, New York.
- Stewart, 79, received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in January.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
When the pandemic shut down offices, Martha Stewart transformed her large New York farm into a makeshift TV production studio with more than two dozen staffers.
According to an interview with Harper's Bazaar's Jada Yuan published Tuesday, Stewart had been in the process of designing a new Manhattan headquarters fit for 150 employees when the COVID-19 pandemic struck.
Like millions of other Americans, Stewart was forced out of the office as cases rose, and she hunkered down at her Bedford, New York, farm.
A post shared by Martha Stewart (@marthastewart48)
While Stewart, 79, has shared fun Instagram posts during quarantine — like her snowplowing adventures and thirst-trap selfies — she's also been operating her successful lifestyle business from home all the while.
Since March, Stewart said she's managed to keep her entire staff on payroll with no layoffs and even expanded her team.
Stewart initially only interacted with her housekeeper, driver, and gardener, Ryan McCallister, a frequent figure on her social media and shows, Harper's Bazaar reported.
Now, Stewart's team has reached 30 members on the farm.
Stewart, who received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in January, has remained adamant about safety precautions.
She hired a concierge doctor to perform COVID-19 tests twice a week and enforced efforts like social distancing, face masks, and staffers eating lunch inside their cars. (When two people tested positive, they quarantined away from the farm.)
According to Stewart, the trick to creating a smooth work environment with 30 people inside a home is equality and respect. Everyone, from creative directors to housekeepers, are "on the same plane."
"There's no hierarchy in my life. I will wash the floor if I have to wash the floor. I'll take out the garbage if nobody else has taken out the garbage. The CEO should be available to everybody at all times, if possible," said Stewart.
News Source: insider.com
German doctor who killed his married lover by sprinkling cocaine on his penis before having oral sex is ordered to pay her family £25,000 compensation
A top German doctor who was jailed after his lover died when he put cocaine on his penis has been ordered to pay compensation to her husband and son and also to pay her funeral costs.
Surgeon Dr Andreas David Niederbichler, 45, was jailed for nine years for aggravated rape and bodily harm leading to death after making his blonde lover, identified as Yvonne M., 38, take an overdose of cocaine that he had placed on his private parts.
But once the criminal case was completed, her family then pursued him in a civil case and now three years after the tragic incident, the court in the German city of Magdeburg in the state of Saxony-Anhalt has convicted him once again.
Surgeon Dr Andreas David Niederbichler, 45, was jailed for nine years for aggravated rape and bodily harm leading to death
He has been ordered to pay a total of £25,000 to the family of the deceased, with £9,000 each going to the dead woman's husband and son, and a further £7,000 going to her family to cover funeral costs.
The woman, 38, was not his only victim. The former head physician at the Halberstadt Clinic in Saxony-Anhalt drugged and sexually assaulted three other women between September 2015 and February 2018.
According to the investigation, he also secretly put cocaine in their champagne glasses, their lipstick, and their toothpaste.
The surgeon was charged in February 2018 when Yvonne M. died of an overdose after he put cocaine on his private parts during sex.
Niederbichler was sentenced in 2019 to nine years imprisonment and subsequent preventive detention. He is currently undergoing drug therapy.
Yvonne's widowed husband and son sued the surgeon when he refused to pay financial compensation and also refused to cover the funeral costs.
The higher regional court has now agreed with the family and the man dubbed the German Christian Grey because of his perverted sexual fantasies has been ordered to pay for the funeral costs.
Judge Steffi Ewald said: 'The defendant is sentenced to pay the funeral costs in the amount of £7,337, as well as survivor benefits to the deceased's husband and the son in the amount of £8,581 each.'
Yvonne M, 38 (left), died of an accidental overdose after her lover Andreas Niederbichler (right) laced his penis with cocaine without telling her
Niederbichler stayed silent during his trial but, faced with the new wrongful death lawsuit brought by Yvonne's widower and son, he decided to break his silence to deny being responsible for her death.
He also denied drugging three other women, after the court was told he had again laced his penis with cocaine during oral, vagina and anal sex with the three women between 2015 and 2018.RELATED ARTICLES
- Brake! Moment speedy OAP on a mobility scooter mows down... Burglar broke into holidaying couple's home and lived there...
Speaking to German newspaper Bild last month, he said: 'Yes, there were drugs. But I didn't drug any of the women without her knowledge.
'I was looking for a special kick and they took part.'
Niederbichler also described Yvonne as an 'experienced' cocaine user, who knew what she was getting into.
Speaking about his original criminal trial, he said it was a 'mistake' to stay silent - a move he had taken on the advice of his lawyers - because it meant the judge only heard the women's account of events.
He told Bild he wanted to prove that he was not criminally guilty of causing Yvonne's death.
The court of appeal has already thrown out the case, and Niederbichler has not presented any new evidence that would force it to look at the case again.
Niederbichler (pictured centre during his trial) is attempting to prove he is not criminally responsible for Yvonne's death, but has already had his case thrown out on appeal
Before being jailed, Niederbichler had worked as the top plastic surgeon at Ameos hospital in the city of Halberstadt, 60 miles outside Hanover.
The court heard that Yvonne had been a patient of his before the pair started an affair, which ultimately led to her death in February 2018.
Niederbichler also used the internet to meet other women for sex, judges were told during his trial.
Three other woman who had sex with the doctor reported feeling light-headed after meeting with him, while one was involved in two car crashes after a date.
Another reported passing out and suffering nervous twitches.
Niederbichler was ultimately found guilty of aggravated rape and bodily harm resulting in death and sentenced to nine years in jail.
He appealed the sentence but it was rejected.Read more:
- Koks auf Penis: Chefarzt spricht über tödliche Sex-Nacht *** BILDplus Inhalt *** - Sachsen-Anhalt - Bild.de