Feb 27, 2021
Albany billboard calls for Cuomos impeachment amid controversies
This news has been received from: thehill.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
A new highway billboard in Albany is calling for New York Gov. Andrew CuomoAndrew CuomoConservative reporter confronts CNN's Jim Acosta at CPAC Overnight Health Care: FDA panel endorses Johnson & Johnson vaccine | CDC director warns decline in cases 'may be stalling' | Biden administration buys 100,000 doses of Lilly antibody drug Donald Trump Jr.attacks Cheney at CPAC: 'Lincoln Project Liz' MORE’s (D) impeachment amid a series of controversies surrounding the elected official.
Local gun store owner Brian Olesen told the New York Post that he paid for the electronic billboard that now lines Interstate 787 just north of the state capital “to demand that he [Cuomo] be held accountable for the mass deaths at the nursing homes.”
Cuomo’s office earlier this month admitted it withheld the coronavirus death toll at nursing homes in the state, prompting bipartisan backlash and calls from some for the governor to resign or face legal punishment.
The billboard, which first went up Tuesday, shows an image of Cuomo, along with the word, “IMPEACH!” in bold, red letters.
“Our original message was ‘He lied, they died,’ but the billboard company rejected it,” Olesen told the Post.
'Impeach' billboard vents fury over Gov. Cuomo nursing home scandal https://t.co/Cw5THxedHD pic.twitter.com/Q7yjnNwX5P— New York Post (@nypost) February 27, 2021
The unveiling of the billboard came before a former aide to Cuomo, Lindsey Boylan accused the governor of kissing her without her consent and making inappropriate remarks while she worked in his office.
“Combined with these sexual allegations, I think people in this state have had it,” Olesen said. “And people are going to take the initiative now to seek this guy’s removal.”
A second former aide came forward later Saturday with additional sexual harassment allegations against Cuomo.
Charlotte Bennett, 25, told The New York Times in an interview that the governor late last spring asked her personal questions about her sex life, allegedly telling Bennett that he previously had relationships with women in their 20s.
Cuomo’s office has denied Boylan’s allegations.
Cuomo said in a public statement Saturday that he had intended to serve as a mentor to Bennett, adding that he “never made advances” toward her, “nor did I ever intend to act in any way that was inappropriate."
New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) and New York state Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins (D) have both called for independent investigations into the sexual harassment allegations.
Others, including Rep. Elise StefanikElise Marie StefanikHere are the three GOP lawmakers who voted for the Equality Act Cuomo job approval drops 6 points amid nursing home controversy: poll House Democrats request documents from DHS intelligence office about Jan. 6 attack MORE (R-N.Y.), have urged Cuomo to resign.Tags Albany New York Post The New York Times Andrew Cuomo Elise Stefanik New York COVID-19 nursing home deaths coronavirus pandemic sexual harassment allegations Articles of impeachment
News Source: thehill.com
Aziz Ansaris Master of None returning after long hiatus
Back again in the virtual flesh.
Aziz Ansari’s Netflix series “Master of None” is coming back for Season 3 in May after a very long hiatus. The comedian’s dramedy last aired back in 2017 and then seemed to fade away in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations three years ago.
The new season was quietly teased in a tweet and a seven-minute video promoting upcoming projects on the network.
Netflix did not respond immediately to a request for comment from The Post.
Ansari created, wrote and starred in the streaming series about a 30-something actor navigating his romantic, professional and personal lives. It was reported back in January that the cast and crew was filming the third season in London.
In April 2017, the series was put on hiatus, with the 38-year-old explaining to Vulture, “I don’t know if we’re going to do a season three. I wouldn’t be surprised if I needed a looonng break before I could come back to it,” adding, “I’ve got to become a different guy before I write a third season, is my personal thought. I’ve got to get married or have a kid or something. I don’t have anything else to say about being a young guy being single in New York eating food around town all the time.”A scene from “Master of None.”Netflix
But shortly after his statement, the “Parks and Recreation” star was embroiled in controversy regarding sexual misconduct allegations. In January 2018, a Brooklyn photographer accused Ansari of making her feel “pressured” into sex. The unnamed woman revealed at the time that she was speaking up after she saw that he wore a “Time’s Up” pin at the Golden Globes that same month.
She described the alleged incident during an interview with Babe.net, saying it occurred at Ansari’s Tribeca apartment after a dinner date in September 2017. She said that he ignored numerous “cues” indicating that she “wasn’t interested” in getting physical — and proceeded to take her clothes off anyway and engage in oral sex.
Just a year after the allegations arose, he explained that he wanted to “become a better person.” During a stand-up set at the Village Underground, Ansari briefly addressed the allegation made against him, saying he didn’t talk much about it because he wanted to have time to process it fully. “I think it also just gave me perspective on my life,” he said during the set at the time, adding he was scared he would never be able to do stand-up comedy again.
“There were times I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way,” he said to the crowd. “But you know, after a year, how I feel about it is, I hope it was a step forward. It made me think about a lot, and I hope I’ve become a better person.”
In July 2018, just months after the allegations arose, a Netflix executive hinted that a third season of his show would be welcome, saying, “We would be happy to make another season of ‘Master of None’ when Aziz is ready.”