May 03, 2021
Listen to Episode 49 of Pinstripe Pod Yankees podcast
This news has been received from: newsbrig.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Scott BradleyBill Kostroun
The prescription for winning baseball is not more cowbell, but games against the Detroit Tigers. Woof, what a really bad baseball team they are. The Yankees took advantage of that in sweeping fashion over the weekend. The Bronx Bombers are now 14-14 and get a tough task with the Astros coming to town on Tuesday for a three-game series.Cue the boos from Yankees fans, who get to make it rain down on the Astros for the first time since the cheating scandal.
To talk about the sweep and look ahead to the Astros, we bring you a new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Jeff Nelson, featuring an interview with former Yankees catcher and current Princeton baseball head coach Scott Bradley.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris, Jeff & Jake:
- SWEEPING TIGERS: It’s amazing just how atrocious the Tigers lineup is. Was this more the Yankees being good or the Tigers being bad? 43 strikeouts in 96 at-bats is almost unheard of. Nice to see Corey Kluber pitch well, although it came almost against a AA team. Why is Giancarlo Stanton getting a day off after a good string of games? Why is Aaron Hicks always swinging for home runs? Astros will be a good test for this Yankees team.
- NELLIE AT THE STADIUM: A couple asked Nellie to take a picture of them at the game, having no idea it was him. Great time at bars outside Yankee Stadium.
Former Yankees catcher (1984-1985), Princeton baseball head coach (1998-present), caught Randy Johnson no-hitter in 1990
- ANALYTICS/COACHING: There’s just too much analytics in the game and rewarding guys for not doing anything. This generation cares more about line drives than hitting to the opposite field.
- COACHING MIKE FORD: He used to hit to all fields. Great kid who pitched and hit at Princeton. If he gets 300 at bats, you will see him hit 20 home runs. He is trying too much to speed things up and pull the ball.
- CATCHING TOM SEAVER/RANDY JOHNSON: Stories of catching Seaver with the White Sox and why Seaver liked him. Catching Randy Johnson’s no-hitter in 1990.
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Chris and Jeff on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES and @NYNellie43. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.
News Source: newsbrig.com
Prince Harry finally addresses THAT Las Vegas photo of him naked playing strip billiards in revealing podcast
PRINCE Harry has finally addressed the famous snap taken of him naked in Las Vegas in a revealing podcast.
The Duke of Sussex was quizzed over the 2012 photo where he was pictured covering his privates during a game of strip billiards.4Prince Harry joined Dax Shepard and Monica Padman for a candid Armchair Expert podcastCredit: armchairexpertpod.com 4Harry laughed about the famous 2012 pictures of him in the nude in Las VegasCredit: armchairexpertpod.com
Speaking on Armchair Expert podcast, Dax Shepard was brutally honest with the duke: "I'm really excited to meet you because, in full disclosure I'm the most ill-informed person on the royal family, at least in my circle,
"You're the only one I ever knew and simply because you were in those awesome nude photos in Vegas. And I literally said to myself, 'This guy's a party!'" he added.
Harry replied: "I'm sure, you're constantly looking for other people to go, sort of balance out your own behaviour, right?"
"It's relatable!" he exclaimed.
Dax continued to flatter the Prince, and said: ""On top of that, I was like, 'God! This motherf--ker's got a good body!' You are in tremendous shape."
"Okay, now it's getting weird," Harry laughed, before he added: "That was a few weeks before I went to Afghanistan."
"At least I wasn't running down the strip, stripping or naked," he added.
The pair joked about how Dax owns a raunchy calendar of men in the buff, and Harry said: "Why wasn't I September?"
He opened up about how he wanted to quit the royal family 15 years before Megxit because he was concerned over what it "did to my mum".
The 36-year-old, revealed he wanted to leave the Firm back when he was in his 20s, years before he met Meghan Markle.
He quit the UK last year for a new life in the US with Meghan and son Archie after the couple stepped down as senior royals.
On the podcast, Harry revealed..
- Prince Harry claims his life is like the film The Truman Show and he is targeted with "vile and toxic abuse" by trolls
- Harry revealed how he and Meghan Markle first met up in a supermarket - and ‘pretended’ they didn’t know each other to avoid attracting attention
- Harry tries to have "compassion" for trolls, but finds it "really hard when you're on the receiving end"
- The Duke said that life had felt "more free" since his move to LA with Meghan
- Harry doesn't believe in the "old way of thinking" where girls just "want to be a princess"
- Meghan Markle gave Prince Harry words of wisdom about Royal life - telling him "you can create your own life better than any princess"
When asked about his trips as a royal around the Commonwealth, Harry told the Armchair Expert podcast: "It’s the job right? Grin and bear it, get on with it.
"In my early 20s, it was a case of, I don’t want this job. I don’t want to be here, I don’t want to be doing this, look what it did to my mum.
"How am I ever going to settle down, have a wife and a family when I know, that it’s going to happen again?
"Because I know, I’ve seen behind the curtain. I’ve seen the business model, I know how the operation runs and how it works, and I don’t want to be a part of this."
Harry also spoke candidly about his experience with therapy as he opened up about his mental health.
He said once he started seeing a professional, the "bubble burst".
Harry added: "I plucked my head out of the sand, gave it a good shake off, and I was like okay. You are in this position of privilege stop complaining, stop thinking as though you want something different, make this different.
"Because you can’t get out. So how are you going to do this differently, how are you going to make your mum proud, how are you going to use this platform to really affect change and be able to give people that confidence to be able to change their own lives?"
The prince swore during the candid chat when he asked Dax what it was like to take a "s***load" of drugs.
Shepard first started using drugs and alcohol in high school but sought help for his addiction in 2004 - and was sober for 16 years before a recent relapse which he revealed on his podcast in October last year. He has been clean since.
Prince Harry asked Shepard whether he had "an awareness" of what was fuelling his use of drugs as a younger man.
He then continued: “For you it was your upbringing and everything that happened to you - the trauma, pain and suffering…
“All of a sudden you find yourself doing a s***load of drugs and partying hard.
“Look how many other people do that as well. They wouldn’t have the awareness at the time.
“I certainly wouldn’t have had the awareness when I was going wild.Most read in News'GENETIC PAIN'Dad passed his pain on to me… I will not do the same to my kids, says Harry'BLOOD BOIL'Meg 'encouraged "very angry" Harry to get therapy after she saw him hurting'WOKE UPHarry says we shouldn't people blame for unconscious bias after Royal race rowCARING KATEKate checks out bearded dragon & snuggles guinea pig on royal outing with WillExclusiveROYAL RUSEMeg & Harry say they want privacy for son then use his pic, blasts expertTURN THE HEIR BLUEHarry SWEARS on podcast as he asks Dax about 's*** load of drugs'
“It’s like why am I actually doing this? In the moment its like, this is fun. I’m in my 20s - it’s what you’re supposed to do”.
Harry also revealed how he and Meghan first met up in a supermarket - and ‘pretended’ they didn’t know each other to avoid attracting attention.
The pair went to great lengths to keep their relationship and trips across the globe a secret from the world until October 2016, when news first broke they were an item.4Meghan and Harry opened up to Oprah in an interview that shocked the worldCredit: Reuters 4Harry admitted he didn't want to work within the royal family because of what happened to his mumCredit: AFP