Jun 10, 2021
Teen Dead After Shooting Outside Texas High School
This news has been received from: dailycaller.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Fort Worth Police responded to an incident at the Eastern Hills High School and discovered a teenager had been shot in the neck, according to NBC News. Officials said the incident occurred after an altercation and the teenager was not identified.
The teenager was transported to a hospital in critical condition and died of his injuries, according to NBC News. A spokesperson for the Fort Worth Police Department confirmed the teen’s death to the Daily Caller News Foundation Thursday and said authorities were still searching for suspects.
A teenager was taken to the hospital and is reported in critical condition after reportedly being shot around 5:20 this evening near Eastern Hills High School in Fort Worth.
— WBAP 24/7 NEWS (@WBAP247NEWS) June 8, 2021
The shooting occurred in a parking lot of the Eastern Hills High School gym before a volleyball game, NBC DFW reported. The game was canceled. (RELATED: 18-Year-Old Charged With Second-Degree Murder After 2 Teens Fatally Shot Over Social Media Argument)
“It’s ridiculous. It’s really sad,” East Fort Worth resident and mother Kajuana Gale said, according to NBC DFW. “It didn’t used to be like this. It’s just getting worse. And I feel for my kids every day.”
It’s unclear whether the teenager or any suspects attended the high school, NBC News reported.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
News Source: dailycaller.com
NYC task force arrests 6, seizes nearly $8,000 worth of illegal fireworks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City authorities announced another round of arrests and seizures of thousands of dollars worth of illegal fireworks.
In the first bust, approximately $3,900 in fireworks were confiscated from 24-year-old Christopher Haripershad, 27-year-old Steven Haripershad, and 30-year-old Christopher Haripershad.
They are charged with reckless endangerment and unlawful dealing with fireworks.
Meanwhile, three unidentified individuals were similarly charged in a separate bust that resulted in roughly $4,100 worth of fireworks being confiscated.
Earlier this month, three men and a woman were taken into custody, while a huge collection of high-powered fireworks were taken from a van.
That came just days after Mayor Bill de Blasio announced a large-scale, multi-agency crackdown leading up to the July 4 holiday.
Authorities are reminding the public that fireworks are illegal in New York City.
The FDNY is urging all New Yorkers to call 311 to anonymously report the use, delivery or sale of fireworks.
OTHER NEWS | Juneteenth celebrated with special screening of 'Summer of Soul'
EMBED More News Videos
'Summer of Soul' will be available for streaming on Hulu and for viewing in theaters on Friday, July 2
* Get Eyewitness News Delivered
* More New York City news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Submit a News Tip