This news has been received from: thehill.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

mail: [NewsMag]

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol has subpoenaed Jeffrey Clark, a Trump-ally and former Justice Department employee who urged its leaders to investigate President TrumpDonald TrumpHouse votes to raise debt ceiling Georgia reporter says state will 'continue to be a premier battleground' Elections administrator in Texas county Trump won resigns after campaign to oust her MORE’s election fraud claims.

“The Select Committee’s investigation has revealed credible evidence that you attempted to involve the Department of Justice in efforts to interrupt the peaceful transfer of power,” the committee wrote in its letter.

“You proposed that the department send a letter to state legislators in Georgia and other states suggesting that they delay certification of their election results and hold a press conference announcing that the department was investigating allegations of voter fraud.”

Clark, the former acting Civil Division assistant attorney general, was at the center of a report from the Senate Judiciary Committee last week detailing Trump’s pressure campaign on DOJ’s highest ranking officials. 

An otherwise little-known figure in the Justice Department, Clark was introduced to Trump by Rep. Scott PerryScott Gordon PerrySenate Democrat says 'a lot left to be learned' about Trump effort to overturn election Trump, the elections and Jan. 6: What you might have missed this week Jan. 6 committee issues latest round of subpoenas for rally organizers MORE (R-Penn.), another person the Senate Committee recommended the House likewise focus on.

Clark then became an advocate for Trump inside DOJ, forwarding letters then-White House counsel Pat Cipollone called a “murder-suicide pact.”

Things came to a head when Clark informed his superiors at DOJ that Trump was prepared to install him as acting attorney general following frustration with then-DOJ head Jeffrey Rosen and others resisting Justice Department involvement in Trump’s election battles.

The Jan. 3 exchange ended as numerous DOJ officials, including Rosen, threatened to resign, with Trump ultimately deciding against potential blowback from the shake-up. 

Tags Donald Trump Scott Perry

News Source: thehill.com

Tags: election fraud claims that the department justice department the department jeffrey clark

Jerry Pinkney, award-winning illustrator, dies at 81

Next News:

Las Vegas man charged with voting twice in November 2020

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas businessman is facing criminal charges of voting twice in the November 2020 election, including with his dead wife’s ballot, Nevada state Attorney General Aaron Ford announced Thursday.

Donald “Kirk” Hartle, 55, faces two felony charges in a criminal complaint filed Oct. 6 and made public Thursday, three days after Hartle’s initial appearance in Las Vegas Justice Court, according to court records. He is due again in court Nov. 18.

“Mr. Hartle looks forward to responding to the allegations,” his attorney, David Chesnoff, said Thursday.

Hartle is the only person currently being prosecuted on allegations of voter fraud in Nevada, said John Sadler, spokesman for the attorney general.

The November election saw now-President Joe Biden, a Democrat, defeat Republican President Donald Trump. Biden won in Nevada by 33,596 of 1.4 million votes cast, or about 2.4%.

State and federal courts in Nevada and other states rejected dozens of election challenges by Republicans and Trump’s presidential campaign, including claims of widespread voter fraud.

Sadler didn’t immediately respond to a question about the timing of Thursday’s announcement, which included quotes from Ford calling voter fraud “rare,” saying “it undercuts trust in our election system” and vowing that it “will not be tolerated by my office.”

Ford, a Democrat, used the same words in July, when a 53-year-old Nevada man was sentenced to up to two years of probation for his guilty plea to one felony charge of voting twice — in Benton, Arkansas, and in Las Vegas — in the 2016 presidential election.

At least five other people have been convicted in Nevada since 2011 of registration fraud during voter recruitment, and one woman pleaded guilty to trying to vote twice in 2012.

“I want to stress that our office will pursue any credible allegations of voter fraud and will work to bring any offenders to justice,” Ford said Thursday.

A conviction on the two charges — voting more than once and voting using the name of another person — could get Hartle up to eight years in prison, the statement said.

Hartle is an executive at Ahern Rentals Inc., a company that was fined $3,000 for violations of COVID-19 mask and crowd-size restrictions while hosting a Trump campaign event in September 2020. The rally drew thousands of people to a sprawling indoor facility in suburban Henderson.

Company owner Donald Ahern also owns a Las Vegas hotel at which a national group espousing fringe QAnon conspiracy theories planned a gathering this weekend billed as a “Great Awakening Weekend.” The event promised speakers featured on Fox TV, News Max, The Victory Channel, One America Network and other sites favored by Trump.

Hartle’s wife, Rosemarie Hartle, died in 2017 at age 52 from breast cancer, he told KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, last November.

The Nevada state Republican Party featured Hartle’s account on social media as a “concrete” case of voter fraud.

Records showed a ballot for Rosemarie Hartle was issued in October and later received by the county, but Hartle told KLAS it never came to his house. The TV station found Rosemarie Hartle listed as an active voter and reported that officials said the signature on her ballot matched Clark County voter records.

Kirk Hartle expressed disbelief to KLAS, but he added the account “lent some credence to what you’ve been hearing in the media about these possibilities and now it makes me wonder how pervasive is this?”

Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, a Republican, said in April that reviews of election fraud allegations delivered to her office by the state GOP in March found some were already under investigation and most were baseless or inaccurately interpreted.

Copyright © 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.

Other News

  • Jeffrey Gundlach says inflation will stay above 4% through 2022
  • Justice Dept. adds two top DC prosecutors - one an expert on child sex crimes and another on public corruption - to high-stakes sex-trafficking probe of Trump ally Matt Gaetz
  • Texas lt. gov. pays out first voter fraud bounty to progressive Pa. poll worker
  • Wisconsin AG Seeks To Block Subpoenas In GOP Election Probe
  • Nevada man charged with casting his dead wifes ballot in 2020
  • Florida Elections Supervisors Say Democracy ‘Under Threat’
  • GOP lawmaker kicked off Jan. 6 panel is now overseeing a shadow investigation
  • Jeffrey And Michael Derderian, Owners Of The Station Nightclub, Tell Their Side Of Story On 48 Hours
  • GOP Rep. Booted Off Jan. 6 Panel Is Running a Shadow Probe
  • Congress votes to hold Steve Bannon in contempt
  • Biden says he was wrong to suggest those who defy subpoenas from January 6 committee should be prosecuted
  • Biden: Comment that DOJ should prosecute those who defy subpoenas not appropriate
  • Sheriff Villanueva and top aide defy watchdog subpoenas
  • Cheney rips GOP Rep. for claiming he sits on Jan 6 panel
  • Owners Of The Station Nightclub Tell Their Side Of Story On 48 Hours
  • Bannon held in contempt by House; DOJ must make the next move
  • House votes to hold Trump ally Steve Bannon in contempt over defiance of Jan. 6 panel's subpoena
  • House holds Steve Bannon in criminal contempt of Congress for ignoring subpoena, sends to DOJ
  • House set to vote on contempt charge for Bannon