Oct 17, 2021
French Govt Made Nearly 10k Reports of Online Terrorist Content to Social Media This Year
This news has been received from: breitbart.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
The French platform for reporting illegal content online says it made nearly 10,000 reports of terrorist material this year, a figure over 200 per cent higher than last year.
The Pharos platform, an initiative of the French Interior Ministry for reporting illegal content online, from terrorism to paedophilia, claims to have sent out a total of 9,720 requests to remove terrorist content from social media platforms so far this year.
A total of 54 police and gendarmerie now work on the Pharos platform — nearly double the number from the previous year — and according to a report from the broadcaster LCI its reports have increased since the murder of teacher Samuel Paty by an Islamic radical Chechen refugee last year.
Pharos, which also works with NGOs, examines content on various platforms such as Facebook and Twitter and states that the reports this year have increased by 213 per cent overall compared to 2020.
According to the radio network France Inter, the profiles associated with the terrorist content are often flagged and sent to the Directorate General of Internal Security (DGSI), France’s internal intelligence agency, who are then able to identify those behind the posts.
Over 1,000 Illegal Aliens on French Anti-Terror Watch List https://t.co/ihpjGreRo6
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) May 11, 2021
Following the beheading of Samuel Paty a year ago in October of 2020, reports of students in schools praising terrorism soared, with 400 incidents being reported from his death to November 3rd, and a further 393 incidents from November 4th to the 30th.
Some teachers also reported that their students in the no-go suburbs of Paris openly questioned whether people should be allowed to criticise Islam. Paty himself had been killed after showing cartoons of the Islamic prophet Mohammed to his class during a lesson on freedom of expression.
France has multiple terrorist watchlists, such as the Terrorist Radicalisation Prevention Report Index (FSRPT), which has over a thousand illegal immigrants on it as of May of this year. Foreigners make up around 20 per cent of those on the list in total, including 4,000 people with French residency.
Macron: Parts of France Are ‘Breeding Grounds’ for Terrorists https://t.co/XravemhJjC
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 6, 2020Follow Chris Tomlinson on Twitter at @TomlinsonCJ or email at ctomlinson(at)breitbart.com
News Source: breitbart.com
Tags: on the hill b inspired on the hill b inspired lockdown forever uk news eu latest fake conservatives brexit channel migrants farage boris samuel paty france radical islamic terrorism social media terrorism terrorist content breitbart london have increased samuel paty students
Saudi man linked to Khashoggi killing detained in Paris
By Joseph Ataman, Pierre Bairin and Gul Tuysuz | CNN
A Saudi man accused of being a member of the hit squad that murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi has been detained in Paris while boarding a flight to Riyadh, French media reported Tuesday.
A 33-year-old man was detained before his flight at 9:30 a.m. local time, and was traveling under a real passport, a spokesperson for the French National Police told CNN. He was placed in judicial detention, the spokesperson added.
The suspect was identified as Khaled Aedh Al-Otaibi, radio station RTL reported, citing French police and judicial sources. French police would not confirm the man’s identity to CNN.
Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and a Washington Post columnist, was critical of Saudi Arabia and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s policies. He was killed and allegedly dismembered on October 2, 2018, in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul by men with close ties to the highest levels of the Saudi government and bin Salman.
Al-Otaibi was one of 16 individuals banned from the United States by the State Department in April 2019 for “their roles in the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.”
Likewise, the British government placed Al-Otaibi under sanctions in July 2020. The UK government said “he was involved in the unlawful killing of Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul … as part of the 15 man team sent to Turkey by Saudi authorities. He was involved in the concealment of evidence at the Saudi General Consul’s residence following the killing.”
Khashoggi’s former fiancee, Hatice Cengiz, welcomed the arrest in a Twitter post, adding that France should either try him “or extradite him to a country able and willing to genuinely investigate and prosecute him as well as the person who gave the order to murder Jamal.”
A US intelligence report released in February found that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman approved the operation to capture or kill Khashoggi. The report also noted bin Salman’s “absolute control” of Saudi intelligence and security operations.
- Just before his execution, murderer reveals he also killed his brother’s wife
- 63-year-old California man arrested after shooting at teens throwing water balloons
- British woman testifies about grooming by Ghislaine Maxwell
- Jussie Smollett testifies at his trial: ‘There was no hoax’
- Feds close Emmett Till investigation with no new charges
There has been no official reaction from the Turkish authorities regarding the detention of the Saudi national by French police. The Saudi Embassy in Paris also had “nothing to say” on the detention, a spokesperson told CNN.