Monday, Mar 08, 2021 - 19:42:25
1000 results - (0.006 seconds)

for American:

Laine Hardy took the nation by storm when he won season 17 of "American Idol" in 2019. As part of On The Red Carpet's country music concert series to celebrate the CMA Awards, the 20-year-old country star performed his hit song "Other LA.""I'm proud to be a country star because I'm a country boy at heart. I was seven years old when I figured out this is what I want to do with my life," Hardy said.Hardy told ABC7 Entertainment Reporter George Pennacchio that "American Idol" judge Luke Bryan was the first country star to truly welcome him, a Livingston, Louisiana native, to Nashville.Since the artist can't be on the road right now, he's been touring the country via virtual tour ("vTour"). Fans can purchase tickets to watch Hardy play a live acoustic set."Every time I play music I feel it. Being on 'American Idol,' we had live cameras on...
    “The Twin Cities-based Rhineland Cake and Wine Company, the American Legion Post 57 in Chaska, Minn., and Edelweiss Patisserie in Medford, Mass., are joining forces to make the 2020 Holidays brighter for US troops abroad with “Operation Cakes for Troops 2020!” This join initiative benefits and honors American troops stationed overseas during the 2020 Holiday Season by sending a special traditional German cake to the men and women serving around the world.” Click here for more information.
    RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — The Palestinians held a funeral Wednesday for Saeb Erekat, a veteran peace negotiator and spokesman for their cause who died after being hospitalized with the coronavirus. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh paid their respects at an official ceremony at the headquarters of the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah, in the Israeli-occupied West Bank. A military band played as an honor guard carried a coffin draped in a Palestinian flag. Erekat was to be laid to rest in his hometown of Jericho later in the day. The American-educated Erekat was involved in nearly every round of peace negotiations going back to the 1991 Madrid conference and was a tireless advocate for a two-state solution to the conflict. He frequently appeared in Western media, where he often blamed Israel — especially Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu — for the failure to reach an agreement. He...
    London — The mother of a 19-year-old British motorcycle rider killed in a crash involving an American woman who was allowed to return to the U.S. claiming diplomatic immunity has said Joe Biden's projected election win has given her "renewed hope" for justice. Charlotte Charles said after learning that Mr. Biden's first wife and one-year-old daughter were killed in a car accident in 1972, she believes he will have a "deeper understanding" of her family's pain. Charles' comments came as Britain's High Court began hearing a case on Wednesday against the U.K.'s Foreign Office — the equivalent of the British State Department. Harry Dunn's parents assert in their claim that the Foreign Office unlawfully obstructed the police investigation into their son's death. Harry Dunn American Anne Sacoolas admitted to police that she caused the crash outside the RAF Croughton military base in Northamptonshire, England, on August 27 last year. Sacoolas, whose...
    EXCLUSIVE: When it came to honoring our troops, Gina Elise was looking for something with a bit more… oomph.It was 2006 when the California resident and recent graduate from UCLA founded Pin-Ups for Vets, a nonprofit that produces WWII-inspired bombshell calendars featuring female veterans as models. The funds raised go to support hospitalized veterans and deployed troops. The 15th annual calendar for 2021 features 12 female veterans who have swapped their uniforms for ‘40s-style dresses, transforming them into poster girls made fit for the silver screen. Tito Suazo 64, served in the Air Force from 1966 - 68, gets a hug from Gina Elise, Founder of the non-profit organization, Pin-Ups For Vets, during her visit to the Denver VA Medical Center Wednesday, December 14, 2011.  (Photo By Joe Amon/The Denver Post via Getty Images) “There were a lot of stories in the news about troops coming back from Iraq...
    On Saturday evening, presidential frontrunner Joe Biden -- who doesn't actually become president-elect until vote counts are certified -- gave a preliminary victory address. In that address, he spoke of his mandate to govern: a mandate, he said, that extended to marshalling the "forces of decency ... fairness ... science ... hope." Which is a pretty vague mandate, as it turns out. But there was another overarching mandate Biden expressed: a mandate to come together, to unify as Americans. "To make progress, we must stop treating our opponents as our enemy," Biden said. "We are not enemies. We are Americans." All of that is nice. Who wouldn't like a country in which we could enjoy cultural events together without being lectured about the alleged evils of the country, in which we could attend family events without being castigated as bigots, in which we could disagree and still enjoy one another?...
    During an appearance on Fox News Channel’s “The Story” on Monday, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) responded to a question about how the U.S.-China relationship would look under a potential Biden administration. The Arkansas Republican insisted a Biden White House would be favorable for China and urged viewers to take that into account as it pertains to control of the U.S. Senate. “We may still be waiting to get certified and final results from places like Georgia and North Carolina,” he said. “But I think there’s no doubt that the Beijing box came in for Joe Biden. China has been rooting for Joe Biden throughout this campaign because Joe Biden has a 48-year history of selling out American workers and American jobs to China, to say nothing of his son’s shady dealings in China. So that’s another reason why we need to elect David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, who have been...
    Paul Whelan, the US Marine veteran serving a 16 year sentence in a former Gulag camp in Russia, has spoken out extensively for the first time since he was arrested and accused of being a spy nearly two years ago. Whelan recalled for ABC News that when agents from Russia’s FSB intelligence service burst into his room at the Metropol Hotel, near the Kremlin, in December 2018, he said he believed it was all a prank. ‘I wasn't sure if it was real. I didn't know if friends of mine would have set up a gag or not,’ he told the network from a prison camp in central Russia. ‘It obviously became, you know, quite real.’ Whelan was detained just minutes after he was handed a flash drive by a friend that allegedly contained a list of ‘secret’ employees of a Russia agency. He was later charged and found guilty...
    By FELICIA FONSECA, Associated Press FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Internet access, health care and basic necessities like running water and electricity within Indigenous communities have long been at the center of congressional debates. But until recently, Congress didn't have many Indigenous members who were pushing for solutions and funding for those issues. Hope is growing after the Native delegation in the U.S. House expanded by two on Election Day: Yvette Herrell, who is Cherokee and prevailed in New Mexico's 2nd Congressional District, and Kai Kahele, a Native Hawaiian who won that state's 2nd District. They will join four Native Americans who won reelection: Reps. Deb Haaland of New Mexico, who's Laguna; Sharice Davids of Kansas, who's Ho-Chunk; Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma, who's Cherokee; and Tom Cole of Oklahoma, who's Chickasaw. Of the six who prevailed, half are Democrats and half Republican — a divide Cole said would “absolutely be indispensable...
    FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Internet access, health care and basic necessities like running water and electricity within Indigenous communities have long been at the center of congressional debates. But until recently, Congress didn't have many Indigenous members who were pushing for solutions and funding for those issues. Hope is growing after the Native delegation in the U.S. House expanded by two on Election Day: Yvette Herrell, who is Cherokee and prevailed in New Mexico's 2nd Congressional District, and Kai Kahele, a Native Hawaiian who won that state's 2nd District. They will join four Native Americans who won reelection: Reps. Deb Haaland of New Mexico, who's Laguna; Sharice Davids of Kansas, who's Ho-Chunk; Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma, who's Cherokee; and Tom Cole of Oklahoma, who's Chickasaw. Of the six who prevailed, half are Democrats and half Republican — a divide Cole said would “absolutely be indispensable in passing anything the...
    FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Internet access, health care and basic necessities like running water and electricity within Indigenous communities have long been at the center of congressional debates. But until recently, Congress didn’t have many Indigenous members who were pushing for solutions and funding for those issues. Hope is growing after the Native delegation in the U.S. House expanded by two on Election Day: Yvette Herrell, who is Cherokee and prevailed in New Mexico’s 2nd Congressional District, and Kai Kahele, a Native Hawaiian who won that state’s 2nd District. They will join four Native Americans who won reelection: Reps. Deb Haaland of New Mexico, who’s Laguna; Sharice Davids of Kansas, who’s Ho-Chunk; Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma, who’s Cherokee; and Tom Cole of Oklahoma, who’s Chickasaw. Of the six who prevailed, half are Democrats and half Republican — a divide Cole said would “absolutely be indispensable in passing anything...
    An American citizen facing trial for his role in Hong Kong's pro-democracy protests claimed he was turned away by the city's U.S. consulate after asking for protection. Ansen Wong, a 20-year-old student activist, was among hundreds of thousands of Hong Kong citizens who rallied in the streets for demonstrations beginning in March 2019.  Wall Street Journal reports that the California-born activist was convicted of criminal damage, similar to vandalism, for his role in the wide scale protests.   Ansen Wong, a 20-year-old student activist and American citizen, said he was denied refuge at the U.S. consulate while seeking protection from prosecution  A demonstrator throws a rock on a footbridge during an anti-government protest near City University in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, China His most recent charge of unlawful assembly came after he joined others in a massive pro-democracy protest outside of Hong Kong's legislature last year. 'I am running out...
    (CNN)After nearly five breathless days of vote-counting, the American people -- and the world -- got the news Saturday: Joe Biden would be the next president of the United States. So, where to now, nation? CNN Opinion asked 25 commentators to consider the question: What does the outcome of this election say about America in 2020? The opinions are their own.Penn Jillette: You have one job, Joe Penn JilletteOkay, so it's not over, there will be court fights, but Joe has won. I used to identify as Libertarian, I used to have opinions on government. I used to think I disagreed with Joe Biden on most everything, but I voted for him. I wanted the other guy fired and I wanted Joe hired and for me the job description is now very simple. I need Joe to love all the Trump supporters. I don't care if Joe raises taxes. I...
    UK pol A member of the UK’s House of Lords was blasted Monday for referring to Vice President-elect Kamala Harris as “the Indian” – and claimed he did so because he had not “known her name yet,” according to a report. “What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?” Lord Kilclooney said in a racially tinged tweet Monday morning. Harris, the daughter of an Indian-American mother and a Jamaican-American father, is the first woman and first woman of color to be elected US veep. Lord Kilclooney — also known as John Taylor — is a former deputy leader of the Ulster Unionist Party who now sits in the Lords, as a crossbench life peer in the upper house of Parliament. Jon Wolfsthal, a former special adviser to President-elect Joe Biden, told Lord Kilclooney that he “should be ashamed” and reminded him that...
    Kamala Harris VP win marks powerful, emotional moment for African American and South Asian American women How Pfizer vaccine could help lift economy out of COVID-19 pandemic rut I Can't Believe This Social Security Bonus Was So Easy Ad Microsoft Americans Are Obsessed With New Blanket That Puts You To Sleep In Minutes Ad Microsoft 23 New Gadgets That Will Sell Out Before the Holidays Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/20 SLIDES © Cheapism Our Best Bets When the holidays roll around, Cheapism readers get set to shop because they know they'll find some of the best bargains of the year. We took...
    Democratic vice-presidential nominee Kamala Harris waves to supporters at a election rally, after news media announced that Biden has won the 2020 U.S. presidential election, in Wilmington, Delaware, U.S., November 7, 2020.Andrew Harnik | Reuters The election of Sen. Kamala Harris as vice president of the United States means my daughter sees her future. Children, teens, young people, people of all ages can see that they have the possibility and a path to reach one of the highest levels of leadership in this country and change the world.  Harris will be the first woman, first Black person, first South Asian American to be elected U.S. vice president. Many people in this country see themselves in her - women, people of color, immigrants.  She is the daughter of Jamaican and Indian immigrants. She also brings an interfaith perspective to the White House, with a mix of her Christian faith and Hindu...
    The doubt hovered for several days but the name of the future President of the United States was finally unveiled this Saturday, November 7. As the American media announced the victory of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, many Americans took to the streets to celebrate the outcome of this extraordinary election. Bottle of wine or champagne in hand, dancing and singing, Biden supporters partied in droves during the afternoon. Images of large crowds emanating from New York, Atlanta, Philadelphia … were quickly disseminated in the media and on social networks. Several journalists present on site have expressed their concern about such gatherings in the midst of a health crisis. Stressing the impossibility of respecting social distancing, however, they noted that most of those present wore a mask. While many rejoiced at these images of jubilation, some were indignant on social networks. Many people...
    Remember when Democrats called for peace and unity in the days following the 2016 election of Donald Trump? Neither do I.  In fact, I remember my congressional office being inundated with angry calls from people alleging voter fraud, demanding investigations, and insisting Donald Trump could not be allowed to assume the presidency.   Back then, they wanted a special prosecutor, criminal investigations, lawsuits, and congressional hearings to ensure there would be no peaceful transition of power.  In the months following, the “Resistance” was born. Clinton voters, many from outside my district, packed my town hall in the days following the presidential inauguration. BIDEN PREACHES UNITY, PROMISES TO ADDRESS CORONAVIRUS CRISIS IN FIRST SPEECH AS PRESIDENT-ELECT They carried out a well-documented plan to disrupt the meeting, displace many actual constituents, and shout me down.  Similar acts of sabotage were replicated around the country, all following a script developed by Resistance activists.  VideoBack then, we...
    “We must restore the soul of America … I believe in the possibilities of this country,” President-elect Joe Biden (how sweet the sound of that title) said in a stirring and inspirational victory speech Saturday night. “Let us be the nation that we know we can be, a nation united.” Invoking biblical references, Biden made it clear that he will be a president who heals not only the divisions in our country but responds effectively with science and sound public health measures to heal America from the terrible coronavirus pandemic and put it behind us. It was a moving address by a man who I believe will be a great president. BIDEN PREACHES UNITY, PROMISES TO ADDRESS CORONAVIRUS CRISIS IN FIRST SPEECH AS PRESIDENT-ELECTMore from Opinion EMILY’S List President Schriock: Vice President-elect Kamala Harris – what this milestone means to me Richard Fowler: Biden wins wins 2020 election. America has...
    Loading the player... President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris brought their entire families on-stage with them to close out their victory party on Saturday night. [email protected]’s A Sky Full of Stars playing over the fireworks following @KamalaHarris and @JoeBiden’s victory speeches! pic.twitter.com/P36HMAnsoQ— CPing Media (@CPingMedia) November 8, 2020 After delivering speeches outside of the Chase Center in downtown Wilmington, Delaware, the two were joined by their families to watch as red white and blue fireworks exploded in the sky. A collection of drones spelling out “USA” and outlining Biden’s logo flashed in the sky, prompting the Democrat to gaze at the sky with his mouth wide in delight. Biden’s wife Jill, seven grandkids, his son Hunter and daughter Ashley all gathered around him as the family enjoyed the display. President-elect Joe Biden hugs his grandchild on stage after Biden’s address to the nation from the Chase Center...
    MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace was awestruck as she reacted to President-elect Joe Biden’s 2020 victory speech. Wallace was on with Brian Williams to react to Biden’s address, and she began by remarking that the president-elect “was rewarded for a lifetime of service” as an American politician. I worked for people that disagreed with Joe Biden on policy, but I never met a person in all my years in politics who didn’t think he had the country’s interests in mind in everything he did, in everything he does. You cannot look at these two families and not see a starkly different picture than the current First Family and whether that’s preferable or not is up for everyone else to make that assessment but this is the Biden family, the Harris family. This is a real American moment and it is a change. Wallace added that she was “so struck” by Biden’s...
    President-elect Joe Biden delivered a resounding victory speech on Saturday evening where he vowed to heal a fractured nation reeling from racial unrest, a deadly pandemic and historically deep political divides. “The people of this nation have spoken. They delivered us a clear victory — a convincing victory,” Biden said after jogging up to the stage at the Chase Center parking lot in his hometown of Wilmington, Del. More than a thousand jubilant supporters had flocked to the drive-in rally, sitting on the roofs of their cars as they waved American flags and Biden campaign signs. “I pledge to be a president who seeks not to divide but to unify,” Biden said to cheers. Speaking directly to Trump supporters, Biden said, “I understand your disappointment. I’ve lost a couple of times myself. “But now,” he continued, “lets give each other a chance. “It’s time to put away the harsh...
    Soon after the elite American media, from CNN to MSNBC and the Associated Press, called the presidential election for former Vice President Joe Biden, Hollywood celebrities were posting social media messages about being brought to tears, dancing, and overjoyed at the news. There were a lot of tears. “I’m so so so relieved. Congrats @JoeBiden I am crying at the thought of @KamalaHarrisas Vice President of the United States – wow wow wow,” said actress Elizabeth Banks. I’m so so so relieved. Congrats @JoeBiden I am crying at the thought of @KamalaHarris as Vice President of the United States – wow wow wow pic.twitter.com/fYPrRJeDly — Elizabeth Banks (@ElizabethBanks) November 7, 2020 Pop star Pink said “This news has brought me to tears. I was overwhelmed with relief for this country. I was overwhelmed for Kamala and the inspiration that she brings to girls everywhere.” This news has brought me to tears. I was...
    Latin American leaders hailed on Saturday the victory in the US presidential elections of Democrat Joe Biden, who, according to some analysts, would try to make amends for the damage caused by the Donald Trump government in relations with the region. Biden, 77, is a well-known leader in Latin America and the Democrat is also familiar with the region, who he visited as vice president in the Barack Obama administration to boost trade. And many of the rulers expressed their hopes of being able to work together. “Joe Biden brings to the White House a deeper level of knowledge about Latin America and the Caribbean than any other president since the Cold War,” said Michael Camilleri, director of the Peter D. Bell Rule of Law Program of the Inter-American Dialogue, with headquarters in Washington. “Concerns about democracy, human rights, and corruption will extend beyond Venezuela, Nicaragua...
    Criminal gangs in Bolivia linked to the “Chinese mafia” are allegedly bribing police and customs officials to smuggle jaguar parts to China, a report by environmental groups claimed on Thursday. In a report commissioned by the International Union for Conservation of Nature in the Netherlands (IUCN NL), 75 intelligence sources, including traffickers of illegal goods, said that criminals sometimes bribe high-ranking government security officials to successfully operate Bolivia’s illegal jaguar trade on established transport routes. The jaguar is South America’s largest feline. It is classified as “near-threatened” by the IUCN, which estimates that just 2,000-3,000 wild jaguars remain in Bolivia. Traffickers target the endangered cats to sell their teeth, bones, and genitals to Asian clients, the majority of whom are Chinese. The jaguar parts are often passed off as tiger parts, traditionally desired in Asia for their supposed medicinal properties. Increased poaching of tigers in Asia in recent years has decimated...
    American Airlines fleet services employees prepare to load cargo pallets on a 777-300 at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) bound for Frankfurt Airport in Germany during the cornoavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on March 20, 2020 in Dallas, Texas.Tom Pennington | Getty Images The coronavirus pandemic has created a global crunch in air cargo markets and retailers like Alex Motamedi in Harbor City, California are feeling the pain. "We've been so desperate that we take anything and first available," said Motamedi, general manager of La Espanola Meats, which sells imported Spanish ham, cheese, sweets and other products. Certain products are arriving a month later than usual and air freight costs have doubled in some cases, Motamedi said. Such perishable items often arrive by air so they don't spoil. The root of the problem is the slump in air travel during the pandemic, which has forced carriers to drastically reduce flights to help...
    THE VIEW host Sunny Hostin called Trump voters "un-American" for backing "racist, homophobic candidate" in a shocking rant aired on the talk show. Hostin spoke with co-host Whoopi Goldberg on Thursday to discuss the impending results of the 2020 presidential election. 3The View co-host Sunny Hostin told viewers she was "surprised" that the race between Biden and Trump has been so close 3Hostin said Trump has shown the American public that he is a misogynist, that he is homophobic, that he is racist The 51-year-old began the programme by telling viewers she was "surprised" that the race between Biden and Trump has been so close. "I am actually surprised that this race has been so close not because of the pollsters but more importantly because of the botched job that this president did," Hostin commented on Thursday. “For the past four years, this president has shown us that he...
    Immigration reformers are slapping down suggestions by the Republican establishment on finding “common ground” with Democrats over immigration, a veiled suggestion of amnesty for illegal aliens. While President Trump continues his election challenge to Democrat Joe Biden in numerous swing states, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is discussing what a Republican-held Senate may do if they keep the United States Senate. One of those measures noted by Graham, Roll Call reported, is a “common ground” immigration reform, the term often used by establishment Republicans and Democrats to disguise amnesty for 11 to 22 million illegal aliens. "…But youll also see me trying to find common ground that would benefit all of us and a good place to start, I think, would be the debt and infrastructure and immigration." — Chris Cioffi (@ReporterCioffi) November 6, 2020 Graham, in preview of what may be GA Sen. campaign takes: "If we keep the...
    LOS ANGELES -- Wednesday night will be a big one for singer Gabby Barrett. The former "American Idol" finalist could take home her first CMA Award. She's also performing on the show; and says she's carefully planning how to navigate the big event while *very pregnant!"I'm just so excited in so many ways," said Barrett. "I walked the carpet the past two years."Barrett will be back at the CMA Awards this year, but not just as a spectator. She's nominated twice: for best new artist, and for single of the year for her chart topping ballad "I Hope.""It was the fourth song that I had ever written, about two years ago," said Barrett. "I've been very fortunate to walk into this community in Nashville and they had very wide open arms that have been so wonderfully receptive toward me."We first got to know Barrett when she was on season 16...
    Lincoln Project founder Steve Schmidt said Friday on MSNBC’s “Deadline” that Fox News host Tucker Carlson was the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination. Anchor Brian Williams said, “When I heard Marco Rubio the day before election day kind of saluting the folks, the Trump caravan that almost ran the Biden bus off the road, you know, you hear something like that from someone who is supposed to be a mainstream Republican Senator, you realize that Trumpism, and that’s part of what the Lincoln Project was formed to defeat, Trumpism is a powerful thing. It may be a loser politically, but do you anticipate it to survive Donald Trump?” Schmidt said, “Oh, absolutely. Look, we have almost 48% of this country that’s voted for a statist, authoritarian movement with fascistic markers that was hostile to American democracy, to the rule of law that  an individual, that’s a cult of personality.” He...
    It's time for us to get mad. This is what I came to conclude after spending the last several days puzzling over what we are seeing in the 2020 election. When Callista and I left the White House at 3 a.m. Wednesday I was confused by the various things that were going on and I couldn't quite figure out how to emotionally or intellectually deal with it. After a few days of digesting, it has become clear to me that there has been breathtaking systemic corruption during this election. It runs through the whole process. You have the Biden family corruption dealing with China, Russia, and Ukraine — which the national media have almost entirely refused to even consider investigating. TUCKER CARLSON: MEDIA MUST TAKE A STEP BACK FROM THE ELECTION AND LET OUR SYSTEM WORK It goes to the big technology companies that have been censoring people. Rush Limbaugh...
    MSNBC’s Steve Schmidt said Friday that he views Fox News host Tucker Carlson as the frontrunner for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination in 2024. “Look, we have almost 48 percent of this country that’s voted for a statist, authoritarian movement with fascistic markers that’s hostile to American democracy, to the rule of law — that venerates an individual, that’s a cult of personality,” Schmidt, who advised McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, said in an afternoon segment with MSNBC host Brian Williams.  “I think that Tucker Carlson is the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in 2024,” he added. “What you are going to see is every Republican candidate will kowtow to the conspiracy that Trump was stabbed in the back by unseen malicious forces of the deep state, that the election was stolen, that it’s illegitimate forever.” Carlson’s primetime Fox News show in October broke a record to become the highest-rated...
    Mexican authorities have captured a man wanted for his purported connection to the massacre of three Mormon mothers and their six children last year. The Attorney General's Office announced that José Lara was arrested by security forces in Ciudad Juárez on Wednesday, on the one-year anniversary of the bloody incident. Lara is accused of being 'a member of a criminal organization with a presence in the north of the country, and is a likely participant in the events' that sent shock waves through the tight-knit Mormon community. Members of La Línea, an armed gang linked to the Juárez Cartel ambushed a fleet of three SUV on a remote mountainous road in Bavispe, Sonora, the morning of November 4, 2019. José Lara was arrested by security forces in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, on Wednesday, on the one-year anniversary of the November 4, 2019, massacre of nine Mormon mothers and children with...
    Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) called on Friday for Fox News to “fire” political editor Chris Stirewalt and other “knuckleheads” involved with declaring when presidential candidates had won state elections. “They just keep covering for him,” Cramer said in an interview on WZFG, a Minnesota radio station, speaking in reference to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. “Bret Baier keeps bringing that head of that, supposedly, Decision Desk on to explain, and he calls it transparent. That’s not transparent. That’s a cover-up.” Conservatives have taken issues with Fox’s Decision Desk, including Stirewalt and the bureau’s head analyst, Arnon Mishkin — who has a history of working for and contributing to candidates in both parties — for the network’s decision to quickly call states in Biden’s favor in this year’s presidential election. Most notably, the network became the first on Tuesday to announce Biden had won in Arizona, calling it at 11:20 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday....
    A British university student originally from Brighton, England has been attending university in the US — and sharing some of her funny experiences and the things she's learned on TikTok video. Alyssa Feary is one of about 7,000 students at Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville, Georgia, near where her dad lives, and her time in the US — and the deep south in particular — has been enlightening. In a video that's been watched half a million times, Alyssa shares some of her thoughts, including that southerners say 'y'all' too much and that Americans have a misconception that there is one single British accent. Scroll down for video  Fish out of water: Alyssa Feary is from Brighton, England and attends university in Georgia @alyssafeary What it¿s like going to a college in America being English ##british ##college ##fyp ¿ original sound - Alyssa Feary 'So I go to a...
    Talk show host Sunny Hostin slammed voters who have supported President Trump in the 2020 presidential election calling them “un-American.” “I’m not going to say that 50% of Americans are racist and sexist and homophobic, but I will say that that tells me that they will look the other way to that kind of behavior, to the plight of their fellow Americans, if personally they feel that they are doing OK and that they will do better under that type of presidency,” Hostin said on Thursday’s episode of The View as votes continued to be counted in battleground states around the country. “And that, I think, is despicable. It is un-American.” Hostin added: “For the past four years, this president has shown us that he is a misogynist, that he is homophobic, that he is racist, and that he mismanaged a coronavirus pandemic to the tune of 250,000 American deaths....
    USA Basketball is making its first foray into esports. The organization is forming an E-National Team, and it has invited 30 top NBA 2K players to participate in its virtual tryouts on November 7th and 8th. Participants will vie for a spot on the mixed-gender seven-player national team, which will represent the US at the second FIBA Esports Open. In particular, the team will play in the North and Central American Conference on December 19th and 20th. The US didn’t participate in the first FIBA Esports Open in June. A panel consisting of basketball coaches and managers, as well as an NBA 2K League community ambassador, will make its pick after seeing the participants play. The organization is treating the event like any other USA Basketball team trials. It’s dividing the 30 players into six different teams for the first round of tryouts and will have them play a round-robin...
    When Barack Obama tapped him for the ticket in 2008, Joe Biden told him: “I’m 65 and you’re not going to have to worry about my positioning myself to be president.” After all, as author Evan Osnos reported, if Obama served two terms and Biden succeeded him, he would be the oldest new president in history. Now Biden, who turns 78 this month, may be on the verge of winning the White House, which just goes to show that in politics, you never know.  And right now we don’t know exactly how--and whether--Biden will claim the prize that has eluded him for decades, given a fierce legal and political challenge from President Trump. What we do know is that regardless of who wins, the polarization, resentment and outright hatred that has sadly defined America for the last several years will continue unabated. BIDEN PREDICTS VICTORY, SAYS HE WILL GOVERN AS...
    The View host Sunny Hostin on Thursday slammed the 69 million 'un-American' voters who backed 'racist, homophobic and misogynistic' Donald Trump.  Hostin was talking to Whoopi Goldberg when she called their actions 'despicable'.  Election officials in key battlegrounds pressed forward Thursday with presidential vote counting as Democrat Joe Biden urged patience and President Donald Trump insisted the processing of ballots should be stopped.  Hostin said '50 per cent of America looked the other way' when voting for the president.  She said: 'For the past four years, this president has shown us that he is a misogynist, that he is homophobic, that he is racist and that he mismanaged a coronavirus pandemic to the tune of 250,000 American deaths. 'Yet 50 per cent of America saw all of that and looked the other way to their brothers and their sisters and said, 'I'm going to vote for him anyway.'' Sunny Hostin was...
    Nicole Karlis November 6, 2020 12:14AM (UTC) When Uber first launched, it seemed like a convenient, money-saving novelty for customers and a lucrative side hustle for drivers — in other words, a win-win. Drivers, initially, were well-remunerated: in 2014, a study by a Princeton economist found Chicago Uber drivers made $4 more than the average taxi driver in the city. However, like most cheap commodities, the cost for consumers didn't reflect that actual cost it took to get a ride. Instead, heavy subsidies from both investors and drivers (in the form of them owning their own cars and phones) made Uber and Lyft rides seemingly less expensive. In other words, the ride cost didn't reflect the hidden costs. : At its dawn, the fact that Uber drivers didn't receive benefits seemed like a trade-off for the flexibility and good wage. That changed when Uber became popular: a glut of drivers...
    Every four years, Americans hear a familiar refrain from the media, talking heads, and Leftist politicians: “we need to abolish the electoral college, and choose a president by popular vote alone.” There are many reasons why getting rid of the electoral college would hurt our Republic rather than help it, but for now, let us leapfrog that debate and consider the exact opposite route: what if we abolished the popular vote instead? Not only were most of the 2020 polls wildly inaccurate, but the actual vote-tallying also isn’t going so well either. Imagine a presidential election where the only votes cast for the candidates came from the electors of the electoral college, and those electors were only voted in by their respective state legislatures. No direct input from the American people would be necessary at all. (RELATED: The 2020 Election Debacle) What a dystopian nightmare, cry loyal MSNBC viewers! But this...
    Singer James Blunt says a woman once demanded royalties of his hit song, Youre beautiful, claiming that the song was about her. The American woman had alleged that she was the one he sings about in his popular 2005 song, Blunt added. “It was quite scary. She’s pretty fervent that she’s the woman for me from the subway. She sent me a detailed 50-page document about how I’ve been stalking her, and that’s a little frightening,” said the singer in an interview to The Sun, reports dailymail.co.uk. ‘Taylor is Free’ Trend is on Fire as Fans Gush and Wait for Taylor Swift to Finally Re-record Her Old Music, View Tweets in Support of The American Singer! “I had to point out I wasn’t on the subway in 1984, which is when she claimed she saw me. I would have been ten years old, and the first time I visited...
    Support for the Democratic presidential candidate reached a new low among black men in the 2020 election as some chose to vote for President Donald Trump instead, and others were turned off Joe Biden by a serious of campaign gaffes.  Biden received a significantly lower percentage of the vote among black men than Barack Obama, according to exit poll data from NBC, but also managed to win a lower percentage of the demographic than Hillary Clinton.  The former Vice President received a lower number of votes from black women than both Obama and Clinton as well, although he still won their support over Trump by a landslide.    The drop in black support for Biden was especially prominent in the Midwest and it comes despite Trump receiving some backlash for his response to Black Lives Matter protests over the summer.   Support for the Democratic presidential candidate reached a new low among black...
    Eze Amos/Getty With tens of thousands of votes yet to be counted in the contentious U.S. presidential race, President Trump falsely asserted election fraud and prematurely declared himself to be the winner Tuesday night—even though the final tally may take days to resolve, and even as Democratic candidate Joe Biden appeared to be surging on Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, the American election turmoil brought much joy to Moscow, with Russia seeing clear gains in its ongoing fight against democracy. State Duma deputy Vyacheslav Nikonov, the grandson of the notorious Vyacheslav Molotov, predicted to the state media outlet Vesti that, regardless of the final outcome, half of American society will see the result as illegitimate. Nikonov falsely claimed that both presidential candidates claimed to have won, although the campaign of former Vice President Joe Biden made no such assertion as the votes are still being counted. Election 2020: Live Results “This...
    With tens of thousands of votes yet to be counted in the contentious U.S. presidential race, President Trump falsely asserted election fraud and prematurely declared himself to be the winner Tuesday night—even though the final tally may take days to resolve, and even as Democratic candidate Joe Biden appeared to be surging on Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, the American election turmoil brought much joy to Moscow, with Russia seeing clear gains in its ongoing fight against democracy. State Duma deputy Vyacheslav Nikonov, the grandson of the notorious Vyacheslav Molotov, predicted to the state media outlet Vesti that, regardless of the final outcome, half of American society will see the result as illegitimate. Nikonov falsely claimed that both presidential candidates claimed to have won, although the campaign of former Vice President Joe Biden made no such assertion as the votes are still being counted. “This outcome of the elections is the...
    From Ford Model T cars that popped off the assembly line in just 90 minutes to 60-second service for burgers, the United States has had a major hand in making the world a frenetic and impatient place, primed and hungry for instant gratification. So waking up to the news Wednesday that the winner of the U.S. election might not be known for hours, days or longer — pundits filled global airwaves with their best bets — was jarring for a planet weaned on that most American of exports: speed. In the absence of an immediate winner between President Donald Trump and challenger Joe Biden, the guessing game of trying to figure out which of them would end up in the White House, and how, quickly turned global. Government leaders scrambled to digest the delay and ordinary people swapped views, hopes and fears on feeds and phones. “I’m hearing it may...
    The words "classic American car" might conjure memories of massive sedans, flourishes like tailfins, big engines and in many cases bench seats. The front bench seat was once a standard feature of American cars, but over time it disappeared, in part due to changing tastes and safety regulations. Its disappearance actually says a lot about automotive history. It is possible bench seats could come back, thanks in part to cars that are either electric or autonomous cars. At one point in American automotive history, just about all cars had bench seats — they inherited the feature from horse-drawn carriages. Bench seats were perfect for squeezing several passengers in a car, and were great for watching the drive-in movies that became popular in post-War America. However, American automakers soon found themselves scrambling to meet demand for smaller sportier cars with bucket seats that could compete with the European cars American soldiers...
    By Luke Baker, Libby George and Daria Sito-Sucic LONDON/LAGOS/SARAJEVO (Reuters) - A day after Americans voted in a bitterly contested election, the rest of the world was none the wiser on Wednesday, with millions of votes still to count, the race too close to call and a mounting risk of days or even weeks of legal uncertainty. Donald Trump's pre-emptive declaration of victory at the White House was condemned by some U.S. political commentators and civil rights groups, who warned about the trampling of long-standing democratic norms. Most world leaders and foreign ministers sat on their hands, trying not to add any fuel to the electoral fire. "Let's wait and see what the outcome is," said British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab. "There's obviously a significant amount of uncertainty. It's much closer than I think many had expected." But while Raab and others urged caution, the Slovenian prime minister broke ranks,...
    The model showed some skin as the votes were counted. Courtney Stodden got into the Election Day spirit on Instagram. The model and reality star showed off plenty of skin in a post shared late on November 3 as the votes began to come in, posing in a skimpy American flag bikini. Courtney shared two photos in the skimpy two-piece. The first showed her soaking wet, standing in front of a large tree with her hands over her toned torso. The 26-year-old’s swimwear featured two triangles over her chest, one in a blue and white star pattern and another in red and white stripes. The bikini top plunged low and was held up by black strings around her back and neck. She also wore skimpy star bottoms with the same strings tied into large bows. She pulled them in line with her pierced navel to highlight her slim waist and...
    From Ford Model T cars that popped off the assembly line in just 90 minutes to 60-second service for burgers, the United States has had a major hand in making the world a frenetic and impatient place, primed and hungry for instant gratification. So waking up to the news Wednesday that the winner of the U.S. election might not be known for hours, days or weeks — pundits filled global airwaves with their best guesses — came as a shock to a planet weaned on that most American of exports: speed. ’’We have to have a little patience, almost certainly a lot of patience," said the European Union's foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, as the nail-biting contest for the White House increasingly focused on three states — Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania — that could prove crucial in determining whether President Donald Trump or challenger Joe Biden wins. “In the American...
    By JOHN LEICESTER, Associated Press From Ford Model T cars that popped off the assembly line in just 90 minutes to 60-second service for burgers, the United States has had a major hand in making the world a frenetic and impatient place, primed and hungry for instant gratification. So waking up to the news Wednesday that the winner of the U.S. election might not be known for hours, days or weeks — pundits filled global airwaves with their best guesses — came as a shock to a planet weaned on that most American of exports: speed. ’’We have to have a little patience, almost certainly a lot of patience," said the European Union's foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, as the nail-biting contest for the White House increasingly focused on three states — Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania — that could prove crucial in determining whether President Donald Trump or challenger Joe...
    Fitness model Natalie Gibson flaunted her athletic figure in a provocative outfit for a recent Instagram video upload. In the clip, she was filmed wearing a small pair of shorts and a patriotic scarf as a top that flaunted her assets while she danced. The 23-year-old had been fairly quiet on the social media platform of late, but she celebrated the night of the Presidential Election in a revealing ensemble that was adorned with the Stars and Stripes. She was filmed sitting on her bed at home in a room that was painted a light yellow color and had a large mirrored door that was visible in the background. Gibson had her long brunette hair tied up as it flowed down her back, and she had her bangs parted as they hung by the side of her beautiful face. The young mother rocked a red bikini top, and she tied...
    Trump allies tonight lined up to blast pro-Biden sections of the American media after predictions of a Democratic landslide crumbled in early signs of an electoral upset.  The president's cheerleaders took to the airwaves to lampoon U.S. commentators for consistently writing him off during the course of the campaign. Despite a strong showing in opinion polls and forecasts from pundits, Biden has failed to flip crucial battleground states such as Florida and Ohio blue.  Biden supporters are cautioning that an early rally for President Trump could be a 'red mirage' and that mail-in ballots will tip the balance for Biden when counted. But Trump's supporters were triumphant tonight that their man has defied expectations of a drubbing, as he did in four years ago. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh (pictured with Trump in 2019) pointed to a gulf between liberal commentators and voters, heralding Trump's upset tonight as watershed...
    New York (CNN Business)CNN's biggest broadcast of 2020 is underway. "It's Election Night in America," Wolf Blitzer said, "and a nation in crisis is at a crossroads." When the special coverage will end, nobody knows. Anchors and reporters have been communicating all of the uncertainty that comes with a high turnout election and a huge increase in mail-in balloting. Surreal. Reporters share what it was like to cover the Trump and Biden campaignsMore than anything else, this is an Election Night that needs transparency. "What is critical is a transparency with the audience — letting viewers know this is what we know and how we know it, but that this is information right now and could change," CBS News president Susan Zirinsky said on Tuesday. "It's like being at a baseball game: You're in the 3rd inning, they give you the score, but you know there are other dynamics that...
    President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign will use the executive offices at the Eisenhower building as its headquarters for election night, Axios reported Tuesday. “The war room needed to be in close proximity to the president and there is no expense whatsoever to American taxpayers for the use of a room in the EEOB, where events like prayer services and receptions for outside groups frequently occur,” Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told Axios. (RELATED: RNC Abruptly Cancels Tuesday Night Speaker After She Tweeted Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theory Hours Before Her Speech) “Every piece of equipment, including WiFi and computers, was paid for by the campaign, and no White House staff is involved. The arrangement has been approved by White House counsel,” he added. Trump campaign communications director @TimMurtaugh explains in a statement “The war room needed to be in close proximity to the President and there is no expense whatsoever to...
    ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The son of former ‘American Idol’ finalist, and Grand Prairie native Nikki McKibben is asking friends and fans of the singer to send him photographs of his mother. McKibben, who was also a “Proud Nana,” suffered a brain aneurysm on Wednesday and died. Her son, Tristen Langley posted on Facebook, asking: “Hey everyone, if you have any pictures of my mom or with my mom or of me and my mom could you please send them to my messages… thank you.” McKibbin’s husband, Craig Sadler posted on Facebook that doctors kept the singer on life support so that her organs could be donated to those in need. “She would already be gone, but she’s an organ donor and has been kept on life support to make that possible. That shouldn’t be a surprise to us. Even at the end she is still giving,” it read in...
    A chaotic U.S. election season could end with President Trump casting doubt on the legitimacy of the result, like-minded observers around the world fear. “Democratic processes should be respected,” Australian lawmaker Anthony Albanese said Tuesday. “Our partnership between the United States is an alliance between our peoples based upon our common democratic values, and I am concerned of any questioning that occurs about democratic values and democratic processes." Foreign officials avoid commenting on elections in another democratic country, as a rule, but a pair of former Australian prime ministers went further in suggesting that this campaign might prove the exception. The source of their concerns have found a voice at the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, an intergovernmental organization that monitors elections for fairness, including in the United States — in part due to American feedback. “Interlocutors have expressed grave concerns about the risk of legitimacy...
    ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The son of former ‘American Idol’ finalist, and Grand Prairie native Nikki McKibben is asking friends and fans of the singer to send him photographs of his mother. McKibben, who was also a “Proud Nana,” suffered a brain aneurysm on Wednesday and died. Her son, Tristen Langley posted on Facebook, asking: “Hey everyone, if you have any pictures of my mom or with my mom or of me and my mom could you please send them to my messages… thank you.” McKibbin’s husband, Craig Sadler posted on Facebook that doctors kept the singer on life support so that her organs could be donated to those in need. “She would already be gone, but she’s an organ donor and has been kept on life support to make that possible. That shouldn’t be a surprise to us. Even at the end she is still giving,” it read in...
    Principal who would not confirm Holocaust was factual is fired again Order from McDonalds: Burger King urges UK customers to support its rivals ahead of a second COVID-19 lockdown Steel Industry Cries for Help Beyond Trump Tariff ‘Band-Aid’ (Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump claims his tariffs saved U.S. steel companies. But with production still slumping and jobs near an all-time low, the iconic U.S. industry is seeking a long-term solution. The 25% tariffs Trump introduced in March 2018 gave a brief jolt to American steel producers. U.S. Steel’s annual profit more than doubled that year and the domestic steel price hit the highest in a decade. Jobs rose as much as 9% from the all-time low in April 2017, the month Trump launched a national security investigation into steel imports. © Bloomberg President Trump Speaks On Trade At The U.S. Steel Corp. Granite City Works Facility Donald Trump visits the...
    MIKE TYSON has been putting into practise his vicious combination punching as he forced his coach back against the ropes in training. Tyson is preparing to return to the ring for the first time in 15 years, as he faces Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition in three weeks time. 5Mike Tyson has been putting into practise his vicious combination punching 5Tyson is preparing to return to the ring for the first time in 15 years The heavyweight icon has been training with MMA mastermind Rafael Cordeiro ahead of his comeback, having spent the year transforming his body. And Cordeiro gave fans a glimpse of Tyson's famed aggression in the ring as he shared a video of the pair on the pads. Iron Mike throws a one-two, rolls underneath and comes up with another right hand, before slipping to the side. The speed and...
    More than 61,000 American children tested positive for coronavirus last week — the highest amount of any seven-day span since the pandemic began, new data shows. The number of new cases among children was reported by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association, who have been compiling weekly coronavirus numbers across the country. From Oct. 22 to Oct. 29, a record 61,447 children tested positive, the report shows. “This is a stark reminder of the impact this pandemic is having on everyone – including our children and adolescents,” American Academy of Pediatrics President Sally Goza said in a statement. “This virus is highly contagious, and as we see spikes in many communities, children are more likely to be infected, too.” Overall, since the onset of the pandemic, over 853,000 children have contracted COVID-19. AAP says they collect data from 49 states, New York City, Washington, DC,...
    President Donald Trump signed an order Monday to establish the “1776 Commission” in an effort to reform how American schools teach history. The commission “will work to improve understanding of the history and the principles of the founding of the United States among our Nation’s rising generations,” according to a press release. Trump announced the initiative in September, where he slammed The New York Times’ “1619 Project,” which pushes slavery to the center of America’s founding. In a tweet announcing the signed order, Trump wrote that “we will stop the radical indoctrination of our students, and restore PATRIOTIC EDUCATION to our schools!” Just signed an order to establish the 1776 Commission. We will stop the radical indoctrination of our students, and restore PATRIOTIC EDUCATION to our schools! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 2, 2020 The president previously called the “1619 Project” – implemented in schools across the country...
    California Prop 14 may change lives of sick kids, keep taxpayer funding of stem cell therapy research The Best Ramen in Every State I Can't Believe This Social Security Bonus Was So Easy Ad Microsoft Americans Are Obsessed With New Blanket That Puts You To Sleep In Minutes Ad Microsoft 23 New Gadgets That Will Sell Out Before the Holidays Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/23 SLIDES © Darwin Brandis / iStock.com The American economy has always been cyclical, going from boom to bust and back again. However, 2020 has seen an entire economic cycle in a...
    For those who are still trying to decide whether to vote for President Donald Trump or Vice President Joe Biden (or whether to vote at all) I would like to make the case that a vote for Trump is imperative – not for him but for our country. The key question is: Which future do you believe America must seek? A Biden victory would be a victory for radical anti-Americanism.  It would be a victory for violence in the streets reinforced by an anti-police and pro-criminal bias. DONALD TRUMP: REELECT ME AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DELIVER SAFETY, PROSPERITY AND OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL AMERICANS It would mean massive tax increases which would propel America into a depression. It would ensure government-imposed thought-police courses that are anti-history, anti-free thought, anti-White, and anti-male. Finally, it would include subservience to China which would guarantee that the totalitarian thought control system of...
    Early North American explorers bred dogs so they would have 'woolly hair' that could be sheared like a sheep - and then spun it into clothing and blankets, a study found.  Iain McKenchnie and colleagues from the Hakai Institute examined the records of more than 170,000 canine bones dug up at 210 sites in the Pacific northwest. The first humans arrived in North America from Eurasia about 11,000 years ago and they found very few animals suitable for domestication, McKenchnie said. This prompted them to turn to the dogs they took with them and over generations bred them for different purposes, including small woolly dogs for clothing. According to the team other dogs were pressed into service as draught animals, pulling sleds and others were used more conventionally for hunting. Researchers found two 'common' types of dogs in the archaeological record - a smaller 'wool' dog up to 19.5 inches...
    Audrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, John C. Demers, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, William F. Sweeney Jr., the Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), and Dermot Shea, Police Commissioner of the City of New York (“NYPD”), announced the unsealing of a federal indictment charging HAJI NAJIBULLAH, a/k/a “Najibullah Naim,” a/k/a “Abu Tayeb,” a/k/a “Atiqullah,” with six counts related to the 2008 kidnapping of an American journalist and two Afghan nationals.  NAJIBULLAH was arrested and transferred to the United States from Ukraine to face the charges in the indictment.  NAJIBULLAH will be presented today before U.S. Magistrate Judge Ona T. Wang.  The case is assigned to U.S. District Judge Katherine Polk Failla. Acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said:  “As alleged, nearly 12 years ago,...
    POP icon Lady Gaga has been slammed for her attempt at "redneck" appeal in a video endorsing Joe Biden for president. The video, posted to Twitter on Saturday, shows the popstar cracking open a can of beer while leaning up against a pickup truck. 3The popstar posted a video yesterday giving her endorsement to BidenCredit: Twitter 3Gaga cracked open a beer dressed in camouflage standing beside a pickup truckCredit: Twitter 3Social media has slammed the grammy winner for her 'redneck' appealCredit: Twitter Dressed in all camouflage the New Yorker says: "Hey, this is Lady Gaga. I’m voting for America, which means I’m voting for Joe Biden. "And if you live in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Florida, or Arizona, I encourage you to vote." Gaga then takes a sip of her beer before throwing it to the ground saying: "Cheers to the 2020 election." However, the endorsement video has been...
    Thomas Rhett Celebrates His Daughter Willa Grays 5th Birthday: Im Inspired by You Is buying a home in a better school district worth it? Another win for Argentina: Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira tops Azalea Amateur Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira’s name has floated to the top of several amateur events in 2020. When the spotlight shines on Argentinian amateurs – as it has this year everywhere from the South American Amateur to the Latin American Amateur to the U.S. Amateur – Fernandez de Oliveira is often a reason why. © Provided by Golfweek Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira An eleventh-hour bogey nearly cost Fernandez de Oliveira the Azalea Amateur title on Sunday at the Country Club of Charleston (South Carolina), but the TCU sophomore redeemed himself in a short playoff with Jamie Wilson to win the title instead. When Fernandez de Oliveira made par on the first extra hole, the title...
    I support Donald Trump for president because his policies are right for America. In contrast, Joe Biden’s policies are dead wrong. America is the greatest nation in world history. Our standard of living is envied by most. Our military prowess is unmatched. Our individual freedoms and liberty are unequaled. America is great because our foundational principles give us the liberty and freedom to excel as individuals, which means collectively we excel as a nation. NEWT GINGRICH: WILL TRUMP WIN? YES. I THINK HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF – HERE'S WHY As a republic, American citizens control our government. Our Bill of Rights protects individual liberty from excessive government power and is premised on the belief that a government powerful enough to give us anything is powerful enough to take away everything we have. America is blessed with moral values that guide us to do the right thing with our economic and military power.More from Opinion...
    After a lengthy closure due to COVID-19, a popular eatery in Northern Westchester has begun delivering and offering take out to customers.  "Kisco River Eatery has been missing you,"  wrote Bobby Epstein, the owner of Kisco River Eatery in Mount Kisco, on Friday, April 30. "We have made the decision to re-open for delivery and takeout." Among the restaurant's entrees are a litany of steaks, chicken scarpariello, chicken parmiagiano, short rib ravioli, orecchiete, chicken caprice and paella.  "At Kisco River Eatery, we're serving classic American fare with an Italian twist," wrote Epstein on the restaurant's Yelp page. "With a focus on farm-fresh ingredients and savory dishes, we approach each recipe boldly for a flavor you can't find anywhere else. Cozy up to our rustic atmosphere that pays tribute to the rich history of Mt. Kisco, while you explore a menu of hearty creations." Diners can visit the restaurant's website or...
    For most Americans, this year has presented challenges unlike any we’ve ever experienced. More than 229,000 Americans have died from COVID-19. Millions more are out of work because of the resulting economic crisis. Businesses have shuttered — some for good. Schools are closed. Life has been upended.  Even at this moment of immense pain for the nation, we are witnessing the best of the United States. Essential workers and health care workers have stepped up to serve their communities. Many Americans are donating their time or resources to a local charity or food bank.  But the fact is, while so many Americans are asking how they can help right now, the American people haven’t gotten the help they need and deserve from their leaders. The COVID-19 crisis has not been a failure of the American people. It has been a failure of leadership. RICHARD FOWLER: AMERICANS ARE TIRED OF TRUMP’S...
    It’s a rejoicing moment for all Taylor Swift fans as the Hollywood singer now can finally re-record! Yas, the Look What You Made Me Do babe has been trending on Twitter as her admirers cannot keep calm over the good news. While this year, Swift gave fans Folklore, one of the biggest releases, but looks like the highlighting moment in her career now would be re-recording her old classics. For the unaware, it was in June 2019, when Taylor expressed about Scooter Braun acquiring her masters and Big Machine Records which made her unable to perform on her old songs. Taylor Swift Urges Fans To Help Her After Being Barred From Performing Her Decade-Old Songs At The American Music Awards.  But in August 2019, the singer in a conversation with Good Morning American said that “My contract says that starting November 2020, so next year, I can record albums one through five...
    Texas linebacker Joseph Assai was a huge defensive force for the Longhorns as they knocked off Oklahoma State. On Saturday in Stillwater, the Texas Longhorns did what no one had managed so far in 2020: They beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Next: Best college football players of all time from every state For more NCAA football news, analysis, opinion and unique coverage by FanSided, including Heisman Trophy and College Football Playoff rankings, be sure to bookmark these pages.
    During a Saturday campaign event in West Bend, Wisconsin, first lady Melania Trump took aim at the media outlets and journalists that she believes have covered her husband’s presidency unfairly, Breitbart reported. “After my husband became president, it was so disheartening to see the once-proud integrity of American journalism become a political propaganda tool of swamp politicians,” she said to a crowd of supporters. “For the last four years, the media has relentlessly attacked my husband, choosing gossip and anonymous sources over substance and the sole success of our nation.” According to the first lady, members of the media have crafted a picture of the president that does not reflect reality. “The media have created a distorted picture of my husband and treated all of his supporters with equal disdain.” It’s not the first time that Melania Trump has followed in her husband’s footsteps and taken aim at media networks...
    President Trump made a presidential proclamation this week to honor American citizens who have been killed by illegal aliens. In a proclamation, Trump announced that November 1 will now be known as the “National Day of Remembrance for Americans Killed by Illegal Aliens,” honoring Americans whose lives were taken by foreign nationals illegally in the United States. Trump’s proclamation reads: On this National Day of Remembrance, we pause to honor the memory of every American life so egregiously taken from us by criminal illegal aliens. As sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, and as American citizens, these precious lives are an irreplaceable piece of our national community. We solemnly stand with their families — our Angel Families — who have endured what no American family should ever have to suffer. Today, we recommit to ensuring that those responsible for these tragedies face justice, while taking every action...
    President Trump on Friday declared Nov. 1 a day of remembrance for Americans killed by illegal immigrants -- seeking to highlight his policies curbing illegal immigration in the last days of his reelection campaign. “On this National Day of Remembrance, we pause to honor the memory of every American life so egregiously taken from us by criminal illegal aliens,” Trump said in a proclamation. “As sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, and as American citizens, these precious lives are an irreplaceable piece of our national community.”   BIDEN TO REVERSE MANY OF TRUMP'S IMMIGRATION POLICIES IF ELECTED  “We solemnly stand with their families -- our Angel Families -- who have endured what no American family should ever have to suffer,” he said. “Today, we recommit to ensuring that those responsible for these tragedies face justice, while taking every action to prevent these horrific acts from occurring in our Nation.”...
    DEONTAY WILDER has sensationally accused Tyson Fury of CHEATING his way to victory in a video he put on social media. The Gypsy King shocked the world when he battered Wilder from pillar to post to win the WBC heavyweight title when the American was pulled out by his corner in the seventh round. 4Deontay Wilder has shockingly accused Tyson Fury of 'cheating' 4Tyson Fury battered Wilder into a seventh-round stoppage in their rematchCredit: AFP - Getty ‼️ WOW. Deontay Wilder has now released this video message to Tyson Fury, accusing him of cheating in their fights…[????️ @BronzeBomber] pic.twitter.com/ovNPL7Xt6I— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) October 31, 2020 It was also the Bronze Bomber's first ever pro defeat. Just 14 months earlier the pair had drawn - with Fury miraculously climbing off the canvas in the 12th round after a devastating haymaker. The pair were supposed to have the trilogy fight before the...
    (CNN)When I hear about the many fatal police encounters involving people, particularly Black men and boys, who are suffering from some sort of mental health episode, I cringe not only at the sad details, but at the way many people are so quick to say, "train the police."It is simply not a long-term solution to expect officers to be able to, for example, accurately differentiate a real threat from someone who is in crisis and needs mental help. There needs to be a specific system put in place that routinely incorporates the expertise of mental health experts to de-escalate these situations.Camille ProctorI cannot read the story of Walter Wallace Jr. and others like him who were in crisis when they encountered law enforcement, without thinking of my 14-year-old son, Ari, who was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder when he was two. By now many people are familiar with "the talk"...
    President Donald Trump hailed SEAL Team 6 for its successful rescue of an American citizen taken hostage in Nigeria on Saturday, saying the kidnappers “wished they’d never done it.” The U.S. military announced the successful operation Saturday, saying the American citizen, Philip Walton, had been taken hostage for less than a week before the U.S. special forces unit rescued them, killing six of seven kidnappers. Trump made the comments during a campaign rally in Pennsylvania, hours after first praising the special forces unit on Twitter. “Last night, our Country’s brave warriors rescued an American hostage in Nigeria,” he tweeted. “Our Nation salutes the courageous soldiers behind the daring nighttime rescue operation and celebrates the safe return of yet another American citizen!” (RELATED: Islamic Militants Slaughter At Least 81 Men, Women, Children In Nigerian Village Attack) Last night, our Country’s brave warriors rescued an American hostage in Nigeria. Our Nation salutes...
    The American Medical Association released a scathing rebuke of President Trump for claiming that doctors have inflated COVID-19 statistics for financial gain. Dr. Susan Bailey, the president of the AMA, called Trump's unsubstantiated allegations, which came on Friday at a campaign rally in Waterford Township, Michigan, "a malicious, outrageous, and completely misguided charge." “Throughout this pandemic, physicians, nurses, and frontline health care workers have risked their health, their safety and their lives to treat their patients and defeat a deadly virus. They did it because duty called and because of the sacred oath they took," she said. "The suggestion that doctors — in the midst of a public health crisis — are overcounting COVID-19 patients or lying to line their pockets is a malicious, outrageous, and completely misguided charge." Her statement was released shortly after the president said that "our doctors get more money if somebody dies from COVID. You...
    By BECCA MOST, The Minnesota Daily MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (AP) — The Mimbres Collection at the Weisman Art Museum has a long and complicated past. First excavated by anthropology professors and students in the 1920s, the collection of human remains and burial belongings was housed at the University of Minnesota before being transferred to the Weisman, where it remains today. Mimbres bowls, characterized for their painted designs and a round hole in the center, were used in burials in 11th century New Mexico among a variety of Pueblo tribes, including the current-day Hopi Tribe, Pueblo of Zuni and the Pueblo of Acoma. Despite repeated attempts by affiliated tribes to return the collection to New Mexico, the funerary objects remain at the Weisman. Under a 1990 federal law, institutions that receive federal funding must create an inventory of any Native American cultural objects or funerary remains as a part of the repatriation...
            by DOL Deputy Secretary Patrick Pizzella and DHS Acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli  Years ago, news stories began to surface about qualified American workers being forced to train their less-expensive foreign replacements. Those stories seemed too absurd and flat-out un-American to be real, but, in fact, it was happening. In some cases, employees were forced to go through a humiliating process just to receive their severance packages. Stories like these have illustrated in clear terms how America’s H-1B foreign worker visa program was being manipulated to the detriment of American workers. Now, however, the Trump Administration has taken significant action to stop this abuse, ensure America’s businesses have the specialized workers they need, and deliver an economy that serves American workers first. We start with the premise that the best economic stimulus plan is a fully functioning American economy and vibrant private sector. The...
    Barack Obama will join Joe Biden in Michigan on Saturday for a pair of campaign appearances, marking their first time together on the presidential trail - but with the real star power provided by Stevie Wonder. The singer will appear with the two in Detroit as Democrats push African-American voters in the city to turn out en masse for Biden. Hillary Clinton lost Michigan by just 0.1% of the vote, with her failure to enthuse black voters in Detroit blamed for her loss - partly because she did not campaign there in the end stages of the 2016 race.  On Saturday however Wonder, 70, who was born in Saginaw, MI, and brought up in Detroit, will return to Motown to perform at a drive-in rally with Obama and Biden.  Obama has campaigned for Biden in solo stops in Philadelphia and Florida but the two men - who spent four years serving...
    Never has an election come down to a clearer choice. You have a strong, disruptive, sitting president who unabashedly loves America and seeks to tame Washington. He openly supports and defends the principles and ideals on which America is founded. When President Trump took the oath of office, he vowed to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The guy was not kidding. He is a man of America, trying to tame Washington. In this election, Mr. Trump faces the very opposite of everything he stands for. The Democrat nominee in this election is a man who is embarrassed by America. His campaign is an apology for all that America is and the very principles and ideals America was founded upon. Joseph R. Biden is a man of Washington, trying to strangle America. When riots break out in an American city after police shoot dead a man charging people with...
    By Adriana Gomez Licon | Associated Press MIAMI — On the spur of the moment, a singer in a Cuban salsa band had an idea for a lyric to please fellow Trump supporters at a Miami birthday party. Tirso Luis Paez flicked his hand so his band mates would let him take over during a crowd favorite, “Cuba is Me,” and instead of singing the usual chorus, he belted out: “Yo voy a votar, por Donald Trump!” The seemingly spontaneous moment with Los 3 de la Habana was live-streamed and soon viewed by tens of thousands. The Trump campaign quickly featured it in a national ad projecting Miami Cuban enthusiasm for the Republican leader to Latino markets across the country. An English language version, “Oh my God I will vote, I will vote for Donald Trump,” spread online as well. Florida’s Cuban American voters remain a bright spot...
    (CNN)The 2020 election is especially important for American Jewish voters. Anti-Semitism is growing here in America and around the world. Meanwhile, Israel's security is under serious threat from Iran and its terrorist proxies. And aging Jews, many of whom survived the horrors of the Holocaust, are now facing another threat to their lives due to the Covid-19 pandemic. To meet these challenges, I am urging American Jews to vote for Joe Biden for president. Stuart E. EizenstatI have devoted my life to fighting anti-Semitism, defending Israel's security and seeking restitution for Holocaust survivors. I can proudly affirm that Biden has been a highly outspoken and effective leader for these causes throughout his public career as a US senator and vice president. But beyond that, Biden is a deeply decent man with a strong moral core. President Donald Trump sees the country as red states versus blue states. Biden, on the...
    Unlawfully appointed Chad Wolf in Texas on Thursday in what was totally not a campaign event just a couple days before the end of voting in the 2020 election. The chief of Office of Special Counsel’s Hatch Act unit has agreed to open an investigation into top Department of Homeland Security (DHS) leadership possibly (sarcasm) using their government positions to unlawfully campaign for impeached president Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election, following a request from independent federal watchdog American Oversight this week. “The timing and location of numerous recent DHS events and publicity efforts in recent weeks—located in competitive electoral battlegrounds shortly before the fast approaching election—strongly suggest that DHS leadership may be directing the department to take action with the intent to affect the outcome of the election,” the group said, “and investigation is warranted to determine whether that is the case.” Pennsylvania is the tipping-point state, and Republicans know it. Joe...
    Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Mark Morgan slammed Twitter as "un-American" for briefly suspending his account after he touted the success of the wall along the southern border.  The Big Tech giant suspended his account for violating its "hateful content" policy by tweeting that the border wall helps stop “gang members, murderers, sexual predators, and drugs” from entering the United States, which Twitter reversed after an appeal. "What [Twitter is] wanting to and tried to do is obvious," Morgan told "America's Newsroom" Friday.  FACEBOOK, TWITTER CEOS STRUGGLE TO NAME A SINGLE LIBERAL WHO HAS BEEN CENSORED ON THEIR PLATFORMS "With just days left in the election, what they saw was the immigration narrative shift to show what the president has done and the success that he's had," he said. "That's what they were trying to stop. That's what they were trying to censor." Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey told senators during a hearing this week his company did not...
    By MARIAM FAM and ELANA SCHOR, Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — In the 2016 presidential election, Mohamed Abukar didn’t like his options, so he didn’t vote. This year the 26-year-old Michigan resident has already cast his ballot — and urged others to follow suit. “It’s your civic duty” to vote, Abukar said as his balloting was livestreamed by Thasin Sardar, a trustee of the board at The Islamic Center of East Lansing who wanted to encourage community members to vote. Muslim American groups and activists have organized with a heightened sense of urgency this fall, setting up phone banks, virtual town halls and rallies aimed at maximizing voter turnout, especially in battleground states. Many hope that in states with notable Muslim populations, such as Michigan, energizing more of them can make a difference in close races and illustrate the community’s political power. This election may end up being considered the...
    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took an opportunity to poke some fun at Hillary Clinton by saying Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation to the Supreme Court on Monday was a "wonderful birthday present" for the former Democratic presidential nominee. What are the details? "It was a wonderful birthday present for Hillary Clinton to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court Monday night on her birthday," McConnell (R-Ky.) said during a Wednesday campaign stop in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, the New York Post reported. "Oh, I'm sure she was so grateful, so grateful." It should come as no surprise that Clinton — who turned 73 years old — was not particularly in favor of Barrett's confirmation. And she took some time out on her birthday to blast the move on Twitter: It is an insult to the American people that the GOP is ramming through a...
    WASHINGTON (AP) — In the 2016 presidential election, Mohamed Abukar didn’t like his options, so he didn’t vote. This year the 26-year-old Michigan resident has already cast his ballot — and urged others to follow suit. “It’s your civic duty” to vote, Abukar said as his balloting was livestreamed by Thasin Sardar, a trustee of the board at The Islamic Center of East Lansing who wanted to encourage community members to vote. Muslim American groups and activists have organized with a heightened sense of urgency this fall, setting up phone banks, virtual town halls and rallies aimed at maximizing voter turnout, especially in battleground states. Many hope that in states with notable Muslim populations, such as Michigan, energizing more of them can make a difference in close races and illustrate the community’s political power. This election may end up being considered the one “that served to start...