Saturday, Dec 04, 2021 - 23:56:58
17 results - (0.001 seconds)

he claimed they’d:

latest news at page 1:
1
    Kyle Rittenhouse trashed his former attorneys, including President Trump ally Lin Wood, for raising money for themselves and accusing him of being in a militia during his much-anticipated interview with Tucker Carlson that aired Monday. Wood and John Pierce, who helped raise the bond money to get Rittenhouse released from jail after his arrest last year now want their cash back, but the 18-year-old Antioch, Illinois resident’s family is refusing.   Rittenhouse, 18, told the Fox News host that Wood and John Pierce raised money on his behalf while he was in jail. But he claims that while the lawyers had raised enough bail money by mid September, they chose not to post his bail because they wanted to use him for their own cause. 'I was in jail for 87 days,' Rittenhouse said. 'Lin Wood was raising money on my behalf, and he held me in jail for 87 days, disrespecting my wishes, put me on media interviews which I should never have done, which he said, 'Oh, you're going to go talk to The Washington Post,' which was not...
    Gabby Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt, broke her silence on Saturday with an 'angry' tweet calling for Brian Laundrie to turn himself into authorities.  'Mama bear is getting angry!' Schmidt posted on Twitter using her account for the first time. 'Turn yourself in! @josephpetito agrees.#justiceforgabby #americasdaughter.'  Within the first two hours, the tweet gathered 7.4K likes and 1.1K retweets as the manhunt for Laundrie continues.  She then retweeted a photo of Gabby and her stepmother, Tara Petito, shared by Joseph Petito, Gabby's father, and a photo of Gabby as a child shared by Jim Schmidt, Gabby's stepfather.  The account was created October 2021. Her bio reads: 'A mom on a mission, the fight for change and prevention will never end! My Gabby will never be forgotten!' The press conference marked the bereaved mother's first public statements since her daughter's body was found. Each family member wore a blue ribbon in memory of Gabby  Schmidt's tattoo was inspired by her daughter's own 'Let it be' tattoo on her right forearm Gabby Petito's family on Tuesday revealed they got new...
    Florida officials have promised to pay for parents to move their children to private schools if they are 'bullied' for not wearing face masks in schools. The Florida Department of Education approved an emergency rule Friday to hand out private school vouchers to any parent wanting to take their children out of public schools that have enforced mask mandates.  Such vouchers, offered through the Hope Scholarship, are usually used to move children from schools where they are the victims of bullying. Under the emergency measure, the vouchers can now be used to move students out of school if they are subjected to so-called 'COVID-19 harassment' - where parents say a school's mask mandate or other COVID-19 restrictions amount to harassment and discrimination of their children. This marks the latest round of the fight between Governor Ron DeSantis and local school boards in Florida.    Last Friday, DeSantis issued an executive order banning schools from issuing mask mandates for students when they return to class next month and vowed that Florida will not introduce any new COVID-19 restrictions. The governor threatened to withhold state funding from...
    Vancouver police have apologized after five officers wrongly handcuffed and detained a retired black judge while he was out on his morning walk.  Selwyn Romilly - who made history as the first black judge appointed to British Columbia's Supreme Court back in 1995 - was strolling along the Stanley Park foreshore on Friday morning when cops pounced.   They claimed Romilly matched the appearance of a dark-skinned assault suspect aged between 40 and 50 who was lurking in the area. Romilly is 81 years old.  The retired judge told CBC he was placed in handcuffs for about a minute and that he was left 'embarrassed' by the incident as the park was packed with people.  'They said they got a report and I fit the description of a person. Without much ado, they told me to turn around and put my hands behind my back and put me in handcuffs,' he told the publication.  In a separate interview with The Vancouver Sun, he stated: 'I told them I was a retired Supreme Court judge. I don't know whether that made them...
    Donald Trump Jr. has trolled Hunter Biden following his soft interview with Jimmy Kimmel by asking how much parmesan cheese the pair smoked beforehand.  Don Jr. took aim at Hunter on Twitter following his confession he was once so desperate for crack that he smoked parmesan cheese.    'How much parmesan cheese did Hunter and Jimmy smoke together before this interview?' Don Jr. tweeted on Friday morning.  It came just hours after Hunter took a swipe at Don Jr., who has repeatedly slammed President Biden's son on social media this week, during his Kimmel interview to promote his new memoir Beautiful Things. Social media users were quick to lash out over the light-hearted interview and slammed both Biden and Kimmel as 'Dumb and Dumber' for joking about his drug addiction.  Don Jr. took aim at Hunter on Twitter following his confession he was once so desperate for crack that he smoked parmesan cheese Donald Trump Jr. has trolled Hunter Biden following his soft interview with Jimmy Kimmel by asking how much parmesan cheese the pair smoked beforehand...
    YOUTUBER James Charles denied the claims he "groomed an underaged boy" and said they only flirted because "he said he was 18." On Friday, a TikTok user, who claimed to be 16, shared a now-deleted video where he accused James of sending him sexually-explicit messages and photos on Snapchat, ET reported. 6James Charles was accused of grooming a 16-year-oldCredit: YouTube 6He denied the allegationsCredit: Twitter In his most recent scandal, the 21-year-old beauty guru was forced to issue a statement after a TikTok user claimed he was approached by James Charles and asked for nudes. In his Twitter, James shared a note, which read: "There’s a video going around about me on TikTok and Twitter of a guy calling me a groomer and I want to address it right away. "The accusation that I have groomed this person is completely false. Last week, I came across someone on my Instagram explore page, saw he followed me, and added him on snapchat. "The next morning, I woke up to several snaps from this person being excited I added him...
    A New York assemblyman has claimed that he was threatened by Governor Andrew Cuomo and told 'I can destroy you' if he did not issue a positive statement regarding the nursing home cover-up scandal. Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim claimed he received an angry phone call from Cuomo on Thursday after he was quoted in a New York Post article that revealed new details about how the governor's administration held back the true numbers on nursing home deaths from COVID-19. Kim alleges that Cuomo shouted at him for ten minutes and asked him 'are you an honorable man?' before the governor added that he 'hadn't seen his wrath and anger' before. Cuomo appeared to make good on his alleged threat on Wednesday as he criticized Kim during a press briefing and claimed that he and the assembly member had a 'long and hostile relationship'. Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim (pictured) claims he was threatened by NY Governor Andrew Cuomo in a phonecall last week over the nursing home cover-up scandal Cuomo said in a briefing Wedneday that he and Kim...
    The owner of a health investment firm is suing to try to force the return of a $2.5 million in contributions he made to 'True the Vote' – an 'election integrity' group that tried to raise $7 million after the November election with promises to fight faud. The donor, Fred Eshelman of health investment firm Eshelman Ventures. says the group didn't deliver on its promises as it pursued a series of allegations that failed to pan out.  The nonprofit group filed post-election lawsuits in four states where President Donald Trump was seeking to overturn the election results then withdrew them.  Eshelman pledged an initial $2 million during a phone call just a day after he saw Donald Trump's apparent election night lead evaporate, according to the Washington Post.  Fred Eshelman pledged an initial $2 million to 'True the Vote' during a phone call just a day after he saw Donald Trump's apparent election night lead evaporate He made the commitment in a direct call to the group's president, Catherine Engelbrecht, appeared on Fox News the day before two Georgia runoff elections...
    Back in September 1969, two young lovers were snatching a secluded afternoon together beside a lake in California’s Napa County before heading off to university. Cecelia Shepard and Bryan Hartnell were alone — or, at least, they thought they were. As they cuddled on a picnic blanket under some oak trees, they spotted a man coming towards them. By the time they could make out he was wearing an executioner’s black hood, sunglasses and a weird white symbol on his chest that looked like the crosshairs on a gun sight, it was too late to flee. Cecilia and Bryan were about to become the fifth and sixth confirmed victims of the Zodiac Killer who was terrorising the San Francisco Bay area. At gunpoint, the killer tied them up with plastic clothes line that he cut in advance, before savagely stabbing them with a knife. Having communicated to police and press with a string of taunting and boastful handwritten letters — some containing cryptograms and others including evidence only the killer would know — Zodiac stopped writing and, it seems,...
    Tom Bergeron, who hosted Dancing with the Stars for 28 seasons until being unceremoniously fired alongside co-host Erin Andrews in the summer of 2020, responded to fans who claimed they would not watch the series until he returns. He made a pointed statement in a new interview with TV Guide Magazine, his first since exiting the show, that quickly dashed viewers’ hopes for a return to the ballroom. He tweeted a link to the publication where the interview was seen in its entirety here. In it, he explained that while he appreciated the love and support he had been given over the past six months by longtime viewers of DWTS, they should understand that part of his television career is effectively over. “When people say, ‘I’m not gonna watch until you’re back,’ I say, ‘Well, there’s really no ‘until’ here.’ This train has left the station,” he remarked. Tom followed up his statement with “I appreciate the sentiment. [But] I don’t hold it against anybody if they [watch].” He also believed that Dancing with the Stars would have been where...
    The former First Lady of France Carla Bruni opened up about confronting President Trump about dating rumours.  Bruni, 52, who married former French president Nicolas Sarkozy in 2008, has always denied that she had dated Donald Trump in the 1990s while she worked as a model around the world.  The allegations surfaced back in June 1991 when the New York Post reported that Trump had left his then-girlfriend Marla Maples for Bruni. This prompted Bruni to call the businessman a 'lunatic.' Speaking to the Daily Beast, the singer and model recounted how she recently found out while watching Trump: An American Dream on Netlfix that the president himself had been telling the press they'd been romantically involved.  In a recording aired on the documentary he could be heard referring to Carla, saying: 'She dropped Mick Jagger for Donald and that's where it is right now.'  Revealing she called him to confront it about the rumours, Bruni said Trump dismissed her claims as something the media had made up. Scroll down for video  France's former First Lady Carla Bruni, 52,...
    Alleged We Build The Wall 'fraudster' Brian Kolfage beams with pride as he and his family pose for festive photos in the White House - despite President Donald Trump's claims he 'didn't know' the accused conman. DailyMail.com can reveal how triple amputee Kolfage, 38, scored a VIP Christmas invite then bragged afterwards of briefing Trump personally about his crowd-funded border wall and even cracking jokes about Hillary Clinton. Another picture uncovered by DailyMail.com reveals the president standing beside Mike Furey, aka 'Foreman Mike' - the larger-than-life 'construction boss' who narrates numerous videos for We Build The Wall. It is unclear if he is a real builder or simply a social media frontman. Wearing his trademark hard hat, dark shades and reflective jacket, Foreman Mike gives a thumbs up while Trump does the same, smiling broadly for the camera. Joining them is 'Angel Mom' Mary Ann Mendoza, an advisory board member for We Build The Wall who has campaigned for tougher border controls after her police officer son, Sgt Brandon Mendoza, was killed in 2014 by an illegal immigrant driver. ...
    Kanye West has accused Wisconsin Democrats of spying on his presidential campaign after they claimed he submitted his nominations papers late and filed bogus signatures. On Friday, the state's Democratic Party filed a challenge to block the rapper from running as a third party candidate citing numerous problems with his paperwork including incorrect addresses for circulators and fake signatures.  In response to the complaint, West claimed the party hired a private investigator to spy on his team as part of an 'organized effort of harassment and intimidation' against his presidential campaign, according to documents obtained by TMZ.  West's paperwork to get on the ballot for November's presidential election was filed in Wisconsin last week.  In order to file, the rapper needed 2,000 signatures from registered voters in the state.  Scroll down for video   Kanye West has accused Wisconsin Democrats of spying on his presidential campaign after they claimed he submitted his nominations papers late and filed bogus signatures On Friday, the state's Democratic Party filed a challenge to block the rapper from running as a third party candidate...
    The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, one of the most prominent global dance companies and a beacon for black performers, has fired its senior artistic director after allegations of sexual harassment went viral on TikTok. Troy Powell, 51, was dismissed on Monday following an investigation commissioned by The Ailey School in New York City after the allegations began circulating on social media.  Powell was the artistic director of the junior touring company (Ailey II) and a teacher at the school. He had been placed on a leave of absence in June as the investigation occurred, CNN reports. Troy Powell, 51, was dismissed on Monday following an investigation commissioned by The Ailey School in New York City Powell was the artistic director of the junior touring company (Ailey II) and a teacher at the school In a statement released on Monday, the Ailey organization concluded that Powell 'engaged in inappropriate communications with adults enrolled in the School.'  'Because his conduct was inconsistent with the standards expected of Ailey's staff, executive leadership concluded that Mr. Powell could not continue in...
    A federal judge denied a motion for a new trial from convicted self-improvement cult guru Keith Raniere. Raniere is not entitled to a new trial on the charges of sex trafficking and coercing women into sex he was convicted of last year, Judge Nicholas Garaufis of Brooklyn federal court ruled Friday. Prosecutors said that as the leader of a cult-like group called NXIVM, Raniere used blackmail and punishment to turn his female victims into sex slaves. Witnesses testified that Raniere's 'slaves' were forced to provide nude photos as 'collateral' to keep them in line. Keith Raniere is not entitled to a new trial on the charges of sex trafficking and coercing women into sex he was convicted of last year, Judge Nicholas Garaufis ruled Friday Raniere was convicted in June 2019 of charges including racketeering, wire fraud conspiracy, forced labor conspiracy, and sex trafficking. He demanded a new trial in March, arguing that witnesses including two of his victims lied about their plans to sue him civilly. Raniere attorney Marc Agnifilo argued in his motion for a new trial...
    DURING his first presidential rally in South Carolina, Kanye West said he would be alright with wife Kim Kardashian divorcing him over his abortion claims. The mogul revealed that he and Kim considered not going through with the birth of their first daughter seven years ago while giving a shocking speech on Sunday. 8 Kanye gave an unscripted speech during his first presidential rallyCredit: Alamy Live News 8 He claimed that he and Kim considered having an abortion during their first pregnancyCredit: Alamy Live News Kanye, 43, began by telling the crowd at the Exquis Event Center in Charleston about his father's original plan for his son. “My dad wanted to abort me. My mom saved my life. There would have been no Kanye West without my mom," he said of mom Donda who passed away in 2007. 8 The rapper claimed Kim had the "pill in her hand"Credit: Getty - Contributor The rapper then recalled what he and Kim, 39, went through during their first pregnancy. The hitmaker said: “She had the pills in her hand. "My girlfriend called...
    At least two police officers in New York have been suspended following the emergence of a viral video showing them pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground during protests. The unnamed man fell backwards, appeared to hit his head, and blood began pooling on the ground, pouring from his ears. What are the details? The incident took place on Thursday night in Buffalo, New York, amid protests for racial equality and against police brutality. In the video, the unnamed man can be seen approaching a group of Buffalo Police Department officers. He is almost immediately shoved down to the sidewalk. He stumbles, falls, and appears to hit his head. The video shows the man motionless and on the ground — bleeding from his ears — as police officers pass by his body. What are people saying? Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown confirmed the elderly man was admitted to the hospital following the altercation and is in "serious but stable" condition. "I was deeply disturbed by the video," he said,...
1