Friday, Dec 03, 2021 - 11:06:09
15 results - (0.003 seconds)

the Post’s sources:

latest news at page 1:
1
    "The Wire’’ actor Michael K. Williams was found dead in his Brooklyn apartment Monday afternoon, law-enforcement sources told The Post. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER Drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, suggesting a possible overdose, sources said. Michael K. Williams poses on the red carpet as he arrives for the BET Awards at Microsoft theatre in Los Angeles, California, U.S., June 27, 2021. (REUTERS/Ringo Chiu) Williams, 54, was found dead in the living room of his Kent Avenue penthouse by his nephew, sources said. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP The Flatbush native was famous for his role as Omar Little in the gritty TV series "The Wire’’ and as Chalky White in "Boardwalk Empire.’’ To read more from the New York Post, click here.
    The Washington Post made a massive correction Monday to a January report about a phone call between then-President Donald Trump and a Georgia elections investigator, as the liberal paper admitted multiple quotes attributed to Trump based on an anonymous source were inaccurate. The corrrected story was a hot topic on cable news and talk shows that helped spread the Post’s flawed report and media watchdogs feel it points to larger problems with agenda-driven anonymous sources and liberal outlets that rush to "confirm" them.  "This 'correction' is more than a correction, it calls into question the pervasive reliance of the liberal media on anonymous sources in order to attack and undermine Republicans," Cornell Law School professor and media critic William A. Jacobson told Fox News. WASHINGTON POST PANNED FOR MASSIVE CORRECTION TO TRUMP-GEORGIA ELECTION STORY: 'SO, THEY MADE UP QUOTES' "Almost the entirety of the Russia collusion media effort was based on anonymous sources which turned out to be overblown at best, false at worst, after the Mueller Report was released," Jacobson continued. "This raises the question of whether these sources exist at all, or are fed the...
    Reuters January 15, 2021 0 Comments President Donald Trump now plans to leave Washington on the morning of Inauguration Day next Wednesday after considering a departure on Tuesday, two sources familiar with the matter said on Friday. Trump, who had already said he will not attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, is planning a ceremonial farewell at Joint Base Andrews, the base outside Washington where Air Force One is headquartered, the sources said. The sources stressed that the plan could change. It was unclear whether Trump would speak on Wednesday. Trump will then fly on to Palm Beach, Florida, to begin his post-presidency at his Mar-a-Lago club, the sources told Reuters. He is likely to be in Florida by the time Biden is inaugurated at midday on Wednesday. A handful of White House aides plan to work for Trump in Palm Beach as the former real estate tycoon works on retaining his clout in the Republican Party. Some advisers have been urging the president to host Biden for a White House meeting ahead of Inauguration Day, but there has been...
    Alastair Pike/AFP, Getty Images High-level New York Post editors have instructed reporters to not use reporting from CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, and The New York Times as the sole basis for stories, according to a New York Times report. President Donald Trump, who has often received support from Rupert Murdoch-owned media outlets – including the New York Post, Fox News, and Fox Business – has long sought to diminish the credibility of the four news operations, often referring to them as “fake news” and calling them, and other media sources, the “enemy of the people.” The Post, like many news sites, regularly publishes articles based solely on other news outlets’ reporting, without independent corroboration, according to the Times. Going forward, Post reporters will need to separately confirm the content of a story from one of the four now-forbidden sources before publishing. According to the Times, who confirmed the memo with three journalists, no explanation was given as to why those four sources are prohibited. The Times story also rightly notes that the directive from Post editors comes one week...
    Cops who nabbed the homeless man accused of attacking a Cuomo staffer recognized him on the street — thanks to The Post. see also Cuomo staffer hit in head with cinder block during random NYC attack A staffer in New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Manhattan offices... The officers were reading the paper’s coverage of Thursday’s random sidewalk attack on gubernatorial worker Lisa Cavanaugh in Midtown when they spotted suspect Christopher Guzman on West 37th Street hours later, law-enforcement sources said Friday. The NYPD cops recognized Guzman from the clothes he was wearing at the time of the 2:15 p.m. Christmas Eve attack — matching them to a surveillance photo of the suspect in the paper, sources said. Guzman, who was taken into custody around 10 p.m. between Fifth and Sixth avenues, then tried to lie his way to freedom — but couldn’t outsmart the cops, sources said. He gave them a fake name — but when officers ran it through the system, it came back to a person who is 6-foot-5. Guzman stands 5-foot-5. The suspect, who sources...
    (CNN)President-elect Joe Biden is still weighing who will lead the Central Intelligence Agency, but Tom Donilon is no longer under consideration for the post, CNN has learned.Two sources familiar with the matter say Donilon, a former national security adviser in the Obama administration who had been considered a frontrunner for the job, intends to remain in the private sector and not join the Biden administration. Donilon told the Biden transition team "a while ago" that he was not ready to go back into government right now, one of the sources said.CNN reported last week that former acting CIA Director Michael Morell is among those under consideration for the post.This is a breaking story and will be updated.
    SAN ANTONIO – A billionaire heir was found unresponsive in a hotel room Friday in San Antonio. John Gilbert Getty died Friday, and according to a report from TMZ, there is no foul play suspected in his death. Getty, 52, was the grandson of oil tycoon J. Paul Getty. The family’s estimated net worth, according to Forbes was $5.4 billion as of July 2015. A family spokesperson released a statement to People that said, “With a heavy heart, Gordon Getty announces the death of his son, John Gilbert Getty. John leaves behind his daughter, Ivy Getty, whom he loved beyond measure, and his brothers Peter and Billy. His brother, Andrew, predeceased John. John’s mother, Ann Gilbert Getty, passed this September.” Andrew Getty died of meth intoxication in 2015 and Ann died from a heart attack two months ago, TMZ reported. View this post on Instagram A post shared by ivy getty (@ivygetty) KSAT reached out to the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office who was unable to disclose any information in regard to Getty’s death.Related: Rest in peace: Celebrities we lost...
    Much of the push to ignore The Post’s drop of Hunter Biden’s e-mails centers on the charge that it’s all “unverified.” The claim is more excuse than truth. First, a host of media outlets have now interviewed the computer-repair guy who provided the data at the heart of these exposés — and he’s said exactly what we’ve reported from the start about how the laptop came into his possession. Second, neither Hunter nor Joe Biden has even questioned the fact that the drive is real — they merely dismiss the entire line of questioning, while charging that The Post has an agenda in presenting it to the world. Third, we’ve published emails and pictures — most of which have nothing to do with Ukraine or China — that contain an extraordinary level of detail. Is that all fabricated? The Biden campaign’s response, notably, is not that an e-mail from a Burisma official thanking Hunter for an introduction to his father isn’t real, it’s that said meeting doesn’t show up on Joe’s “official” schedules. Pressed by Politico, the campaign acknowledged that they...
    Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kourtney Kardashian is not pregnant, sources told TMZ. Hints that have propped up on social media and on E! network publicity, though attention-grabbing and possibly suggesting a bun in the oven, are not what they appear. Kourtney has three children with her on-again, off-again relationship with Scott Disick: son Mason Dash, daughter Penelope Scotland, and son Reign Aston. And since her pregnancies and births have been a key part of the show on which she appears, it would make sense that a fourth would feature prominently in an upcoming season. Back on September 15, E! dropped a trailer for Season 19 of the ever-popular reality-drama series. The bit, which can be seen below via YouTube, focused mainly on the clan’s reaction to the coronavirus pandemic, such as by having to home-school unruly children. However, as TMZ reported at the time, trailer “insinuated” that not only are Kourtney and Scott back together, but that they’re expecting Baby #4. Further, the magazine pointed to some other “evidence” that the preview hinted at a baby brewing....
    The Washington Post stopped veteran journalist Bob Woodward from outing Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh as one of the sources for his 1999 book, according to New York Times media critic Ben Smith. Woodward was set to expose Kavanaugh as an anonymous source for his book, “Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,” which was written when Kavanaugh served as a member of independent counsel Ken Starr’s team during its investigation into former President Bill Clinton. But Martin Baron, the executive editor of The Post, stopped him from doing so, sources at the outlet told Smith. The revelation was discovered when journalists at The Post dug into Kavanaugh’s history in the outlet’s publishing system during his 2018 Supreme Court confirmation process. The journalists found an article in which Woodward, who protected the identity of the Watergate source “Deep Throat” for three decades, “was going to unmask” Kavanaugh as one of the sources quoted in the book. “Mr. Woodward was planning to expose Mr. Kavanaugh, because the judge had publicly denied — in a huffy letter in 1999 to The...
    Eleven people were shot in less than 12 hours across New York City as of early Sunday morning, law-enforcement sources told The Post. The victims were wounded during eight shootings in Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens and Manhattan between 5:30 p.m. Saturday and about 5 a.m. Sunday, sources said. Most were expected to survive, but a 30-year-old woman was who was shot in the head was rushed to NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue in Manhattan, where she was in grave condition, sources said. In at least three incidents, the victims refused to cooperate with the NYPD after being wounded, sources said. The spree of gunfire brought the number of shootings since Monday to 59, with a total 81 people shot, including six murders. By comparison, there were nine murders but just 26 shootings for the entire week during the same time last year, sources said. Filed under bellevue hospital ,  brooklyn ,  manhattan ,  nypd ,  queens ,  shootings ,  the bronx ,  6/28/20 Share this article: Share this: Facebook Twitter Flipboard WhatsApp Email Copy Read Next...
    A for-hire driver was rushed to the hospital in critical condition after he was stabbed 11 times early Thursday in the Bronx, police and police sources said. Police responded to a 911 call of a man stabbed around 12:03 a.m. at East 152 and Union Avenue in the South Bronx. They found a 38-year-old man in a gray Toyota Camry, cops said. His car bore Taxi & Limousine Commission plates and he was known to drive for Uber, police and transportation sources said. The man was taken to Lincoln Medical Center in critical condition. It was unclear whether anything was stolen, and police had not established a motive yet. Filed under nypd ,  stabbings ,  the bronx ,  6/25/20 Share this article: Share this: Facebook Twitter Flipboard WhatsApp Email Copy Read Next NYPD precinct commander is quitting in protest Read Next NYPD precinct commander is quitting in protest Share Selection Trending Now on NYPost.com This story has been shared 154,388 times. 154,388 NJ family drowned...
    Vitamin Water co-founder Mike Repole is going to bat for Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez in their bid for the Mets, two sources told The Post. He is one of two investors working with investment bank Galatioto Sports Partners who are considering investing up to a combined $250 million with A-Rod and J.Lo for their Mets bid, the sources said. A-Rod and J.Lo have been working with JPMorgan, and the couple — even after taking in new investors — would still be the control owners of the team, sources said. The Post last week broke the news about Galatioto working with two investors who were considering partnering with A-Rod and J.Lo. The Action Network’s Darren Rovell on Monday was the first to report about Repole partnering with A-Rod. Repole had been a powerful booster for St. John’s University, before having a falling out last spring with school president Conrado Gempesaw. Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez; Mike RepoleGetty Images (2) The only known other bidders for the Mets are Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer....
    The three cops at the center of the NYPD milkshake “poisoning” scandal never even got sick, and there wasn’t the slightest whiff of criminality from the get-go — but that didn’t stop gung ho brass from rolling out the crime-scene tape and unions from dishing out empty conspiracy theories, The Post has learned. The fullest picture yet to emerge of the incident — which came amid fraught tensions between the police and public — is based on records and multiple interviews with police sources. The three officers were down from The Bronx, on protest duty in Lower Manhattan June 15 when they ordered the now-infamous mid-shift treats via a mobile app around 7:30 p.m., purchasing three shakes across two separate orders, sources said. Their drinks were waiting for them when they arrived at the Shake Shack on the second floor of 200 Broadway a few minutes later. A female officer picked up her strawberry shake from the front counter, and her two male colleagues grabbed their cherry and vanilla drinks from a side counter, sources said. Police sources explained it...
    A Manhattan inmate slashed a guard so bad that she was left with a gash from her nose to her mouth — but a group of jailbirds flew to her rescue, sources told The Post. The inmate, identified by sources as Michael Haskins, 42, allegedly attacked the officer Tuesday with a shiv while inmates were eating at the Manhattan Detention Center, sources said. The officer was rushed to Beekman Hospital and had to undergo reconstructive surgery for the wound, the sources added. Other inmates witnessed the attack and pounced on Haskins, who was in on a felony assault conviction, the sources said, adding that the other inmates beat and punched him so badly that he also had to be rushed to a hospital for treatment. The president of the correction officer’s union, Elias Husamudeen, said he hopes the District Attorney will pursue attempted murder charges against Haskins. “I’m asking that this inmate be charged with attempted murder. Because quite frankly, if not for the other inmates in the housing area, that’s exactly what would have happened,” Husamudeen told The Post....
1