Monday, Mar 08, 2021 - 03:34:40
119 results - (0.000 seconds)

Greg Gutfeld:

It’s true: people who use social media the most are the worst people in the universe. A new study tracking Snapchat and Facebook use found that the heaviest users tend to enjoy upsetting and embarrassing other people, and are motivated by cruelty and personal gain. Sounds about right. When I get off social media, I rarely feel better than I did when I got on it. Perhaps it's because we not only run into creeps more frequently there, we also can’t control such encounters. Or maybe I'm the creep! I do believe I'm a better person here than there. GUTFELD ON PORTLAND'S 50 DAYS OF VIOLENCE This leads to the good news: the outside world is indeed a better place than the net. Well, except Portland. But in general, all people are better here than on online. Plus far more of them are wearing clothes. We do ourselves no good to...
    Co-host of Fox News’s The Five Greg Gutfeld slammed the media’s coverage of the coronavirus and its focus on the number of actual cases as opposed to deaths. “So the one thing we learned about COVID is that the only entity that made it worse is the media, and what Trump is trying to do is speak directly to the American people,” Gutfeld said. “And, right now, he is more important than the experts, who have been proven wrong on so many things, from masks to social distancing to the shutdown.” “We are adults,” he added. “We can balance risk with benefit and risk with progress. We don’t need to be lectured every day about how many people are dying when you aren’t telling us the death rates, right? When you just sit there and tell us how many more cases there are, but you don’t talk about whether...
    Fox News host Greg Gutfeld criticized the media’s narrative on coronavirus, specifically, what he described as their focus on cases instead of death rates during a Tuesday afternoon monologue on “The Five.” Speaking before President Donald Trump’s coronavirus press briefing, Gutfeld contended that the president’s critics look at “what he does and say ‘oh I could’ve done it better'” but don’t offer any “real” solutions. “Let us not forget that it’s New York and New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts that have the worst death rates,” The Fox News host said. “These are Democratic-led states. Right now New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut, they are one-third of the death rate, 6% of the population.” Those four states are the only four to have over 1,000 deaths per million population, according to Worldometers, with New York leading the way at 1,781. While known new cases have numbered around 60,000 per day with...
    Fox News host Greg Gutfeld defended the Trump administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic ahead of Tuesday’s White House briefing from the president, claiming that “the only entity that made [Covid-19] worse is the media.” The Five co-host Juan Williams pointed out that the approval of Trump’s handling of the coronavirus is low. A new ABC/Washington Post poll found 60 percent of Americans disapprove of Trump’s response, while just 38 percent approve. For Gutfeld, the media is to blame for those numbers. “When you have this narrative pushed by the media, and then they poll the narrative, they push this narrative that Republicans and by connection Trump, are responsible for badness, and then they poll it and then go Oh, surprise, people are dissatisfied with it,” Gutfeld argued. “It’s because you are running this false narrative.” Gutfeld pointed out that Democratic-run states, like New York, have the worst death rates...
    PRESS CONFERENCE, MCALLEN, TEXAS POLICE CHIEF: "The suspect of the incident met our officers at the door, and shot both of our officers, both officers suffered fatal wounds// our officers did not draw their weapons, did not fire, never stood a chance.” So on Saturday, 2 police officers were ambushed and killed in Texas. Their names: Edelmiro Garza, age 45 and Ismael Chavez, age 39. 2 TEXAS POLICE OFFICERS KILLED IN AMBUSH ATTACK; SUSPECT DEAD, AUTHORITIES SAY Responding to a domestic disturbance -- in the effort to stop violence, they became its victims. That's the story of many cops' lives. We report it, on this show because we realize the proportion of media coverage on such crimes, compared to other stories, is sorely lacking. When a violent act occurs that fits a narrative, it’s amplified to suit the media need. What need does it serve to report a story of two dead cops?...
    "The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld took aim Friday at the nascent boycott of Goya Foods after CEO Robert Unanue praised President Trump during a White House event a day earlier. "Their hatred for Trump trumps their love for the poor," Gutfeld said of the boycotters, noting Goya's longstanding and successful charitable endeavors. GOYA PRESIDENT: SALES 'QUADRUPLED' AMID CORONAVIRUS DEMAND "The Greg Gutfeld Show" host reserved his harshest criticism for “Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, who recently stated that the Broadway hit is “fair game” for criticism after some accused it of glorifying the lives of men who owned slaves. "The best part about this story [is that] one of the boycotters is Lin-Manuel Miranda, whose play 'Hamilton' ... is now under fire for glorifying a slave holder," Gutfeld said. "So it shows you what happens when you're threatened by the mob. You either fight back or you roll over. Miranda, full fledged coward, rolled over and went after Goya Foods...
    One hundred liberal writers signed an open letter in Harper’s Magazine condemning cancel culture as an attack on free thought. To which I say: better late than never. A wise man once said that every good deed could've been done sooner. So I applaud them for joining the fight – finally. Even though some of them didn't seem to mind cancel culture when it takes aim at people like you or me. In fact, some of them did take aim at me. And maybe you! But now it's targeting them. They could lose a book deal! Hence, the letter. LIBERAL WRITERS, ACTIVISTS SIGN OPEN LETTER CALLING TO END 'CANCEL CULTURE' It’s the old adage that liberals should have learned: you can be nice to a crocodile, but he'll still eat you, albeit last. So the open letter is cute. But why not actively defend people who are being canceled who...
    Fox News and CNN split the total day and primetime ratings in the coveted 25 – 54 age demographic this past weekend, scoring a full-day sweep on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. In total audience, Fox News swept the weekend across both dayparts and the on Monday it dominated in ratings — overall and in the demo —  and had the top two primetime shows in all of television. On Saturday, Fox News topped total day ratings with 1.49 million overall viewers and and 262,000 in the demo, according to Nielsen Media Research. That surpassed CNN’s 1.03 million total viewers and 234,000 in the demo and MSNBC’s 837,000 overall and 113,000 in the demo. On Sunday, CNN and Fox News switched places in the A25 –54 rankings, with the former posting 263,000 viewers to the latter’s 225,000. MSNBC trailed behind with 140,000. In overall total day audience on Sunday, Fox...
    Fox News host Greg Gutfeld tore into Juan Williams on Friday’s “The Five” after his co-host tried to blame President Donald Trump for inner-city violence. Gutfeld had just concluded a monologue slamming white antifa “laughable losers” and stating that he had more in common with “black winners than white losers.” “What ties us together is achievement and not grievance,” Gutfeld said. “So white winners and black winners are on the same side, and stay away from the white losers because they are poisoning the minds of everybody. That will end racism if all the winners of every race and color joined together and laugh at the losers.” Stating he was there to “defend” his “white brothers,” Williams launched into Trump’s lack of messaging on what his second-term agenda would be. WATCH: When co-host Jesse Watters tried to insert the reality of burning cities, Williams went back to groups “abandoning...
    "The Five" reacted Wednesday to the news that a three-judge federal appeals panel ordered a lower court to allow the Justice Department to dismiss its case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. "This was a long injustice," co-host Greg Gutfeld said. "This was a prolonged injustice directed at a patriot who was simply trying to get ahead and do his job. I mean, get ahead on his new job and serve his country. "But he got... singled out simply because the skittish little bureaucrats couldn't stand the new boss. And so they took it out on him. And the media were onto it like junkies. READ: COURT'S OPINION ORDERING FLYNN CASE DISMISSAL "Vilification became their drug and it blinded them from seeing what exactly what was being done to an innocent man," Gutfeld added. The 2-1 decision ordered that "Flynn’s petition for a writ of mandamus be granted in part; the...
    "The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld said Friday that Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., removing herself from contention to be presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden's running mate was "like when you find out when you're about to be fired and right before they say, 'You're fired,' you say, 'No, I quit.'" "I think what Amy did was really smart. She saw the writing on the wall," Gutfeld said. "She knew that the decision was already made so she wanted to act like it was her own idea." KLOBUCHAR DEFENDS PROSECUTOR BACKGROUND  In the business world, Gutfeld joked, Klobuchar would have left without a severance package, but with her personal pride intact. In an MSNBC interview Thursday night, Klobuchar said she had informed Biden of her decision to withdraw from the running mate sweepstakes a day earlier, adding that she believes "this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket." The panel also noted that Klobuchar's...
    "The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld said Wednesday that NBC News' apparent push for Google to remove conservative publication The Federalist from the Google Ads platform is an example of how "the woke crowd" operates. "If you can't win in the field of ideas, you contact companies and report what you believe to be offensive material," Gutfeld said. "The companies don't want the hassle so they operate on a hair-trigger." TUCKER: GOOGLE AND BIG TECH ARE THE CHIEF THREAT TO OUR LIBERTIES -- AND NO ONE IS PROTECTING US VideoAn article published Tuesday by a London-based NBC News reporter, Adele-Momoko Fraser, claimed Google had "banned" The Federalist and ZeroHedge from Google Ads for "pushing unsubstantiated claims" about the Black Lives Matter movement. Google later pushed back, claiming that The Federalist "was never demonetized," and adding, "We worked with them to address issues on their site related to the comments section." The NBC report claimed that Google was...
    Fox News host Greg Gutfeld described what he called a “terrible idea” that would “eradicate” the “perceptions of racism in policing.” During a Tuesday night discussion on “The Five” about the national uproar over the racially charged police killings of George Floyd in Minneapolis and Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta, Gutfeld suggested that ensuring police officers only work cases involving suspects of their own race would be a better option than dealing with the “disintegration of our society and our country.” WATCH: “So I have a solution to end the society upheaval and it will eradicate all perceptions and I mean perceptions of racism in policing. Not the realities but the perception,” Gutfeld explained. “It’s a great idea but it’s also a terrible idea, but I don’t care because I will take the terrible idea over the disintegration of our society and our country.” The Fox New co-host called his...
    "The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld said Monday that the denizens of Seattle's quasi-anarchist "Capitol Hill Organized Protest" zone (CHOP) are engaging in an "experiment in infantile behavior." "There are humans on this planet who can't value something until it's taken from them," Gutfeld said. "They have no idea how to make anything." MAJOR GYM CHAIN FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY AMID CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, SHUTDOWN The "Greg Gutfeld Show" host compared the CHOP group's actions to being "in a relationship and somebody dumps you and then you go, 'I didn't know what I [had], that it was so special.'" "So now the irony is realizing the importance of boundaries," he added. "They are building walls. They are setting up their own law and order and it's actually kind of hyperviolent." Video"Maybe commerce might help them," Gutfeld remarked before pointing out: "Now they are actually figuring out that having no structure is leading to fascism." CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP "This is a 'Lord of the Flies' situation. I...
    Fox News host Greg Gutfeld explained that the ongoing “narrative” on police encounters with African-American suspects, absent actual “facts” and data, could have the U.S. “heading towards a race war.” During a Monday “The Five” panel discussion about the police shooting of Rayshard Brooks after he resisted arrest, ran and tried to fire a taser at a pursuing officer in Atlanta last week, Gutfeld agreed with co-host Jesse Watters that Brooks shouldn’t have been simply let go, but said that the story “is larger than this singular event.” “We are offering almost no context anymore to these events when these videos come out, and I think we are leaving our country at the mercy of a dangerous narrative fueled by these horrific videos,” he said. WATCH: “That can ultimately destroy a country when you are having 10 million arrests and something like 15 million police encounters a year,” he...
    Last week, my neighborhood was one of many in the country that was looted. Nearly every store assaulted, trashed, and emptied. In some cases, the looters returned to the same store a dozen times – just to make sure they didn’t miss anything. One of those was across the street from my window, where my wife huddled alone, filming the rotating mob on her iPhone. FORMER NFL STAR BEN WATSON PREACHES JUSTICE, KINDNESS AT 'BOSTON PRAY' EVENT They were more than a mob – a collection of mobs really– but they were also well organized, determined, and had a specific taste for Balenciaga. They even returned to that store later in the week, tore down the plywood that covered the shattered glass – just to re-loot it again. It reminded me of a guy who goes back to an ashtray to smoke old butts. My friend who runs a restaurant...
    "The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld said Thursday the ongoing occupation of six blocks of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood by anti-police protesters -- who have declared the area to be “autonomous” and a “cop-free zone” -- is a learning experience for the far-left. "In the old days, if you had a teenager and they were caught smoking, what did you do? You made him smoke two packs of cigarettes. You do the same thing with the far-left," Gutfeld said. "You have them indulge the very sins that they only toy with. You make them do it. You make them create the reality that they claim they really want. And what if it works? I mean, what if all the people you don't like move to some area [and] build a wall? It's also great that they're into walls now." SEATTLE PROTESTERS DECLARE 'COP FREE ZONE' AFTER POLICE LEAVE PRECINCT After days of protests over the death of George Floyd...
    "The Purge" movies have become reality -- but blame only those on the left, Greg Gutfeld said Saturday. "Last week was a victory for mayhem, left-wing violence disguised as justice, and the media gets the assist with a disguise," Gutfeld said on the "Greg Gutfeld Show." "I remember dystopian science-fiction movies I'd watch as a child: 'Soylent Green,' 'The Omega Man,' 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,' and wondered, 'How could that happen? Is it caused by overpopulation? Lack of resources? Cocoa Pebbles?' I assumed our society was too rich and resourceful for anything like that to happen. I was wrong to say these are weird times. It's like saying Rome around 476 A.D. was weird times." 'IT WAS A WAR ZONE': SMALL-BUSINESS OWNERS WHO LOST EVERYTHING IN RIOTS SPEAK OUT "The Purge" films and television series center on one night per year where there is no law -- thus no legal consequences for...
    "The Five" co-host Greg Gutfeld said Wednesday that nationwide unrest following the death of George Floyd has created an "incentive" for the use of violence and criminal activity as a means to seek justice. Gutfeld claimed the looters and vandals who ravaged parts of Manhattan this week had no interest in politics, but were "criminally active." "They were having a blast destroying people's livelihoods," he said. "So I don't think they're paying much attention now to what is happening right now. It's become a different thing." NYC LOOTERS SEEN ESCAPING IN ROLLS ROYCE Video"You develop an incentive when you see politicians reacting to pressure from the violence and the protesters as opposed to pressure from law-abiding people." Gutfeld noted that while ordinary working people have been unsuccessful in exerting pressure on political officials, "rioters and looters" appeared to have the government's ear once violence broke out in major cities. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP "If you believe the system, the systemic racism...