Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 - 13:07:51
586 results - (0.000 seconds)

Rush Limbaugh:

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBSMiami) – Florida Governor Ron DeSantis plans to honor the late conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh by lowering state flags to half-staff. Governor DeSantis began a news conference in West Palm Beach on Friday morning by talking about Limbaugh, who was a Palm Beach resident. “I know they are still figuring out the arrangements, but what we do when there are things of this magnitude, once the date of internment for Rush Limbaugh is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half-staff,” said DeSantis. READ MORE: Judge Tosses 9 More Convictions Tied To Corrupt Ex-Cop Ronald Watts Limbaugh died Feb. 17 at the age of 70, a year after announcing he had Stage Four lung cancer. He was unflinchingly conservative, wildly partisan, bombastically self-promoting and larger than life. He doesn’t, however, appear to fit within the State’s protocol for lowering the State flag. According...
    Mandel Ngan/Getty Images Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Friday he intends to order flags in his state to half-mast in honor of the late conservative radio titan Rush Limbaugh. “I know they’re still figuring out arrangements. But what we do when there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of internment for Rush is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half-staff,” DeSantis said at an event in a Hilton Hotel in West Palm Beach, where he was providing an update on his state’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic. He said in a statement released on Wednesday that he and his wife were “saddened” to learn of Limbaugh’s passing and said, “We don’t know who will succeed rush as America’s anchorman, but we do know that nobody will ever replace him.” DeSantis was joined at Friday’s event by Limbaugh’s long-time producer, James “Bo Snerdley” Golden, who called...
    Filmmaker Michael Moore attacked Rush Limbaugh after his death on a recent episode of his podcast, stating he “can’t think of anybody who did more elevating the hate, elevating the racism, the misogyny.” “I don’t like to speak ill of the dead,” Moore began before speaking ill of Rush Limbaugh. “I’m sure his family and his friends miss him, but we won’t,” Moore continued, before going on to insult Limbaugh’s millions of listeners. “I feel bad for this country, that we have so many tens of millions that bought into this. So sad, sadder than anything, really,” he said. “And the way that ignorance was encouraged, the way that stupidity was fomented.” “His show was a daily, daily place where people could go to become more stupid and more ignorant,” Moore insisted. Listen Below: “Go down the list over the past 30-plus years, jeez longer than that, I think,” he continued. “A...
    Let our journalists help you make sense of the noise: Subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter and get a recap of news that matters. Mirroring the effort to drive donations to Planned Parenthood on Mike Pence’s birthday a few years ago, scores of people not-quite-mourning Rush Limbaugh’s death are rallying to mobilize similarly and donate in his name. “It’s what Rush would have wanted,” reads an Instagram meme gone viral. The goal of donating $10,000 to reproductive health care has been far exceeded—by a multiple of 40. More than $425,000 and counting has already been raised by 17,000 donors in Limbaugh’s memory. Read more about his legacy here.             View this post on Instagram                         A post shared by Quentin Quarantino (@quentin.quarantino) —Cathy Asmus is Mother Jones’ membership initiatives manager. Daniel King...
    Erin Coates, The Western Journal February 19, 2021 0 Comments “The Rush Limbaugh Show” will remain on the air in its regular time slot for the time being until listeners are “prepared to say goodbye.” Conservative icon Rush Limbaugh had been battling advanced lung cancer for over a year and died Wednesday at the age of 70, leaving the fate of his beloved talk radio show up in the air. Premiere Network said in a memo that the show will continue to air in its regular noon to 3 p.m. time slot using archived segments and clips primarily with Limbaugh’s voice, “until his audience is prepared to say goodbye,” The Wall Street Journal reported. “No one can replace Rush Limbaugh,” senior vice president Hosea Belcher said. Guest hosts like Mark Steyn, Todd Herman and Ken Matthews will help with new segments addressing the day’s news. Limbaugh had played a...
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Friday said flags will be lowered to half-staff in honor of conservative radio legend Rush Limbaugh, who passed away on Wednesday after a year-long battle with lung cancer. “What we do when there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of internment for Rush is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half-staff,” DeSantis said during an appearance in West Palm Beach on Friday. The Republican governor released a strong statement upon the news of Limbaugh’s death, describing “America’s Anchorman” as the “greatest of all time” and someone who “busted through a media landscape in which a handful of media outlets served up pre-cooked, liberal narratives.” “Through hard work, the will to succeed and, yes, talent on loan from God, Rush became the most dominant radio personality in American history,” DeSantis said in the statement. “His skills behind the Golden EIB microphone...
    Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis confirmed Friday that flags will fly at half-staff in honor of conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh, according to the Tampa Bay Times. DeSantis said Florida’s flags will be lowered upon the announcement of funeral arrangements for Limbaugh, in accordance with standard protocol. Rush Limbaugh passed away Wednesday at age 70 after battling lung cancer.  “I know they’re still figuring out the arrangements, but what we do when there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of interment for Rush is announced, we’re gonna be lowering the flags to half-staff,” the governor stated at the beginning of a press conference at the Hilton Airport Palm Beach in West Palm Beach. Earlier this week, Florida state representative Anthony Sabatini requested DeSantis order Florida’s flags to be lowered in honor of Limbaugh, describing him as “a champion of the constitution, civic engagement, and a great American patriot.” (RELATED:...
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered flags to be flown at half-staff in the state to honor conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who died this week. “We had one of our own, Rush Limbaugh, pass away a few days ago,” DeSantis said. “What we do for something of this magnitude, when they announce the dates of internment for Rush, we are going to be lowering the flags to half-staff.” DeSantis was joined by producer and longtime friend of Limbaugh’s James Golden, better known as “Bo Snerdley,” at a Friday press conference. Limbaugh was a resident of Palm Beach, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. He died Wednesday of lung cancer a year after announcing his diagnosis with the disease. Limbaugh was 70. When his death was announced, DeSantis praised the talk show host for being a “warm person” and a good friend, the Sentinel noted. “Casey and I are truly...
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantisRon DeSantisOvernight Health Care: Biden officials announce funding to track virus variants | Senate Dems unveil public option proposal | White House: Teacher vaccinations not required for schools to reopen Florida restaurant goes viral with 'face diapers not required' sign DeSantis threatens to divert vaccines from communities criticizing distribution MORE (R) said Friday that he would order flags to fly at half-staff in honor of conservative talk radio star Rush Limbaugh, who died this week at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer.  “I know they’re still figuring out arrangements. But what we do when there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of internment for Rush is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half-staff,” DeSantis said during a political event in Palm Beach County, where Limbaugh lived. "There's not much that needs to be said, the guy was an...
    Rush Limbaugh was the king of radio, but in the early ’90s, he often seized the late-night TV crown, regularly beating both David Letterman and Jay Leno. I’m proud that Rush Limbaugh: The Television Show gave me the opportunity to work my way up from an intern filling his humidor with cigars to associate producer. Upon graduating from the University of New Mexico in 1992, I’d flown to New York City and landed on my parents’ couch. I found myself unemployed at peak-David Dinkins, with a job market drier than Hawkeye Pierce’s martini. Rush always talked about the staff being a family. In my case, it’s literal. In 2000, he hired my brother, Keith, at RushLimbaugh.com. When I’d see Rush, he’d make a crack about Keith, and when he saw Keith, he’d flip the script. In a business where many are told not to make eye contact with the talent,...
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, R., plans to lower the state's flags to half-mast in honor of radio icon Rush Limbaugh, who died Wednesday at age 70 and called the state home for decades. DeSantis, who had been pressed to honor the revered conservative figure, confirmed Friday he would do it once Limbaugh's burial date was announced. Lowering flags to half-mast is often done after deaths of significant American figures or national tragedies. "What we do when there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of internment for Rush is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half-staff," DeSantis said in West Palm Beach, according to the Tampa Bay Times. TWITTER LIBERALS CELEBRATE RUSH LIMBAUGH'S DEATH: 'I'M GLAD' HE LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO 'GET CANCER AND DIE' Limbaugh broadcast "The Rush Limbaugh Show" from his hometown of Palm Beach, Florida, for decades, becoming the most listened-to radio host in...
    Repeats of Rush Limbaugh's radio show will play for three hours per day until his audience is 'prepared to say goodbye'.  The conservative radio star died from lung cancer on Wednesday at the age of 70 following three decades as America's most popular talk back personality.  The Rush Limbaugh Show was syndicated on nearly 600 radio stations nationwide between 12 and 3pm weekdays.  Old clips of the program will now be played in that same slot so fans can be soothed by the sound of the star's voice.  The announcement was made Friday in an internal memo to staff at Premiere Networks, a division of iHeartMedia that oversees the program.  Repeats of Rush Limbaugh's radio show will play for three hours per day until his audience is 'prepared to say goodbye'  'No one can replace Rush Limbaugh,' stated the memo, which was obtained by The Wall Street Journal and...
    A couple taking engagement photos at the Florida resort owned by former President Donald Trump were surprised by an appearance from the Republican, who had been playing golf. “Fun day with @ToriaAronoff at Mar-a-Lago taking engagement photos,” Brian Schottenstein, a commercial real estate developer, tweeted on Monday. “Our friend @POTUS45 came in for a couple too.” His fiancé, Toria Aronoff, added: “That moment Trump made an appearance at our engagement photoshoot!” In the video, Trump can be heard saying off-camera, “that’s a good looking couple.” Aronoff asked the former president if he would take a photo with them, which he did after warning that his golfing outfit might look too casual next to them. Trump has largely stayed out of the public eye since leaving office, only recently giving a few phone interviews to mark the passing of longtime conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh. Related Stories: Trump...
    The radio show of Rush Limbaugh, who died this week at age 70 following a battle with lung cancer, will remain on air for now. The Rush Limbaugh Show will continue to be broadcast using old clips of the conservative icon's voice and will continue “until his audience is prepared to say goodbye,” Premiere Networks, a division of iHeartMedia which oversees the program, said in an internal memo obtained by the Wall Street Journal. Limbaugh can continue to be heard from noon to 3 p.m. on weekdays. “No one can replace Rush Limbaugh,” said Hosea Belcher, the senior vice president of affiliate marketing for Premiere Networks. Limbaugh died Wednesday morning after a monthslong battle with lung cancer in his home in Palm Beach, Florida, according to his wife, Kathryn, who told the public on his radio show. The 70-year-old received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from former President...
    Thursday on FNC’s “Hannity,” long-time “The Rush Limbaugh Show” producer James Golden, referred to as “Bo Snerdley” by Limbaugh for the duration of his show, spoke about the passing of Rush Limbaugh a day earlier and his lasting legacy. Golden told host Sean Hannity Limbaugh was a “second-generation founding father” and explained how Limbaugh made it possible for conservative media and spoken word radio to thrive in his wake. “[Y]ou know, Sean, we can’t wrap our arms around this,” Golden said. “We can’t wrap our brains and our hearts around this that our beloved Rush has returned his talent to God. And we are so thankful to him. You know, Rush is to me a second-generation founding father. This went beyond radio. This went beyond politics. What Rush did for America, one man changed so many trajectories in this — in this country. When Rush began his career, there were...
    The moment I learned of the “Great Maha Rushie’s” passing, I was sitting down at a microphone in the middle of my first segment of a daily three-hour nationally syndicated radio show that airs from 12 to 2 p.m. Eastern — just like Rush. There aren’t too many people who are going to have that particular memory. For that I owe Rush Limbaugh a debt that I will try, but never succeed, to repay fully for the remainder of my life. My debt to Rush is much greater than simply having him be responsible for creating the entire industry of talk radio, an industry into which I entered into late in 2020 with my own show.  Before The Charlie Kirk Show, there was Turning Point USA (TPUSA). Before there was TPUSA, there were the ideas in the mind of a rebellious and out-of-place teenager in the north Chicago suburbs. Rush Limbaugh...
    Donald Trump has taken to the airwaves to declare that he still believes the election was stolen. I don’t know why anyone should be the slightest bit surprised. Despite the riot at the Capitol, which led to Trump’s second impeachment, the former president has never implied or suggested any softening on his unproven allegations of widespread election fraud. In his view, he should still be living in the White House, not Mar-a-Lago, and Joe Biden should be back in Delaware. If all the failed lawsuits, and the lack of evidence from his own Justice Department, didn’t change his mind, and the Jan. 6 violence didn’t change his mind, it’s a safe bet that Trump will stick to this position forever. He broke his post-election silence on Wednesday after the death of Rush Limbaugh. Trump called into Fox News to pay tribute to the radio titan and brought up the election...
    The University of California-Riverside sent out a PR pitch to media outlets touting three of its professors as 'experts' on Rush Limbaugh - only for those professors to then slam Limbaugh as a 'one-man hate industry.'  The professors said Limbaugh, who died of lung cancer at 70 on Wednesday, peddled in hate. 'America is objectively a better place without Rush in it,' one of the professors said in an email distributed to reporters, according to an article in the New York Post.    Conservatives have since ripped the university for the holding out the invective-filled academics as experts on Limbaugh in the wake of his death. Rush Limbaugh, pictured, died from Stage 4 lung cancer at the age of 70 on Wednesday University of California Riverside professors Shaun Bowler, left, and Reza Aslan, right, pitched themselves as 'experts' on the conservative radio legend Last year, Reza Aslan called Limbaugh 'evil'...
            by Ben Stein  Rush Limbaugh. Gone. Seemingly as permanent a feature on our media landscape as the face of Abraham Lincoln was on Mount Rushmore. The dean of conservative radio talk show hosts. Magnetic North Pole for tens of millions of Americans each week. The center of the universe for 15 million each day. I knew him. About 15 years ago, he had me to the studio in his magnificent home in Palm Beach, Florida. He had me there to promote a movie I helped to produce and write and starred in. The movie is called Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. It’s about how there is no freedom of speech at our schools for anyone who thinks there might have been an Intelligent Designer. One second’s questioning of Darwinism — despite that theory’s obvious lack of evidence of any kind — gets you blackballed from academic life forever....
    Rudy Giuliani paid tribute to Rush Limbaugh on Thursday by recalling a charity golf outing in which he and the late conservative radio star observed LPGA star Michelle Wie ‘bending over and showing her panties.’ Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who most recently was former President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, was a guest on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast on Thursday. He was invited onto the show by Bannon to eulogize Limbaugh, the nationally syndicated radio talk show host who died on Wednesday of lung cancer. Giuliani recalled how he and Limbaugh were golfing buddies. During one particular event, the radio host asked the former mayor to drive the cart so that he can smoke his cigar. I had to hear it so you do too:Rudy Giuliani tells an absolutely disgusting story about golfing with Rush Limbaugh (He refers to Rush as "Roger" because he has pudding for...
    (CNN)Rush Limbaugh was Trump before Trump.The trailblazing conservative radio icon, who died Wednesday, spent decades perfecting smash mouth and scorched-earth politics and building the angry Republican base that powered the 45th President to the White House. Without Limbaugh, Fox News may never have found a foothold either — he basically invented the right-wing propagandizing that now fills the network's evening schedule.Limbaugh's unmistakable tones were everywhere in heartland America, wafting out of the windows of cars and trucks during a three-hour daily show that was mostly a monologue castigating liberals and the "drive-by" media. (This might not be recognized as radio outside America, in countries still quaintly striving for political balance on the air.)The Missouri-born former DJ was a disciple of Ronald Reagan, the 1980s President who revolutionized the conservative movement, and blasted the left "with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair." His listeners, mostly...
    Longtime "The Rush Limbaugh Show" producer and call-screener James Golden -- better known to millions of listeners as "Bo Snerdley" or "Mr. Snerdley" -- honored the iconic broadcaster as a friend and colleague on "Hannity" Thursday. "Our beloved Rush has returned his talent to God," an emotional Snerdley told host Sean Hannity, riffing on Limbaugh's favorite self-description as having "talent on loan from God." "We can't wrap our arms around this," Snerdley added. "We can't wrap our brains and our hearts around this ... we are so thankful to him. Limbaugh died Wednesday at age 70 from lung cancer complications. "You know, Rush is to me a second-generation Founding Father," Snerdley continued. "One man changed so many trajectories in this country. When Rush began his career, there were 1,200 radio stations, roughly, doing the talk radio format. Today, there are over 12,000." Video"There was nowhere on TV that you could get conservative ideology; that you could get the values that represent what most Americans believe until Rush," Snerdley went...
    James “Bo Snerdley” Golden, producer of the Rush Limbaugh Show, spoke about his longtime friend and co-worker during an emotional Thursday night segment of Fox News’ “Hannity.” Rush Limbaugh died Wednesday at the age of 70 after battling lung cancer, and tributes to his enormous influence on the broadcast and political landscape have poured in. None, however, knew the legendary radio host better than Golden, who worked for Limbaugh as a producer, call screener and engineer for almost three decades. “Sean, we can’t wrap our arms around this,” Golden told host Sean Hannity. “We can’t wrap our brains and our hearts around it that our beloved Rush has returned his talent to God. And we are so thankful for him. You know, Rush is to me a second-generation founding father. This went beyond radio. This went beyond politics. What Rush did for America. One man changed so many trajectories in...
    Fox News host Howard Kurtz said Thursday that reactions from “some on the Left” over conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh’s death was “ghoulish glee.” “The ghoulish glee… that some on the Left have displayed since Rush Limbaugh died is just reprehensible,” Kurtz said on Fox News’ “America Reports.” “I never understand why some twisted people feel it’s perfectly okay to applaud when someone, even someone they fundamentally disagree with passes away? It makes them look small and mean and petty,” Kurtz said. (RELATED: Liberals Reacted As You Can Imagine To Rush Limbaugh’s Death, By Sneering And Celebrating) WATCH: Limbaugh died Wednesday at 70 years old after battling lung cancer, according to his family, Fox News reported. Limbaugh’s wife Kathryn announced her husband’s death on his radio show. Former President Donald Trump awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to the radio host in 2020 soon after he was diagnosed with the...
    A scholarship named after the late conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh has been established to benefit families of fallen members of the police and U.S. military.  TMZ reported Thursday that the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation (MC-LEF) is launching the Rush Limbaugh Memorial "Giant of Philanthropy" Scholarship, which will award $35,000 to between 12 and 20 families who have lost loved ones in the line of duty.  According to TMZ, Limbaugh had donated roughly $3.5 million to the organization over the years. MC-LEF President Ed Boran and Executive Director Sue Boulhosa told TMZ the scholarship will be launched "right away" and will "last for years." Recipients of the scholarship will be notified in a condolence letter that Limbaugh was the donor.  TRIBUTES POUR IN FOR CONSERVATIVE 'LEGEND' RUSH LIMBAUGH: 'A HERO FOR THIS COUNTRY' "MC-LEF was founded in 1995 and Rush was critical in its first 32 scholarships following the Oklahoma City bombing. Last year the...
    The liberal hosts of "The View" blasted conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh the day after his death, saying Thursday that he "normalized hatred" for "people sitting in their trucks in the middle of America" and suggesting he was in Hell. "I remember listening to him as a kid growing up, and for me, he just normalized hatred," co-host Sunny Hostin said. "He normalized racism, and I think he really weaponized White male grievance, and he hardened these rural White listeners, people sitting in their trucks in the middle of America, and in the south, listening to Rush Limbaugh.". Hostin reeled off a list of what she considered Limbaugh's offensive remarks through the years and said he had paved the way for "Trumpism." "This is someone who spewed racism and hatred, yet he is now considered I guess an influential person in building the modern Republican Party and conservatism ... I don't...
    Kipp Jones, The Western Journal February 18, 2021 0 Comments Talk radio legend Rush Limbaugh passed away Wednesday, and when liberals online were celebrating his death, you knew it wouldn’t take long before their allies in the establishment media began reporting on the event from their own slanted perspectives. One wouldn’t expect Limbaugh’s passing would see him eulogized in a positive light by the “drive-by media,” as Limbaugh as often called them. After all, the 70-year-old was a thorn in their side, and has been since 1988 when his radio program was syndicated nationally. But with Limbaugh’s tragic death, it’s appropriate to point out that some of these so-called journalists in the country’s corporate media actually treated a terror leader more fairly when he detonated a suicide vest during a U.S. military raid in 2019. Recall this obituary headline from The Washington Post for ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi....
    A Florida lawmaker has requested Gov. Ron DeSantis order the state’s flags be lowered to half-staff to honor Rush Limbaugh’s passing. Limbaugh lived in Palm Beach, Florida, and died Wednesday from complications of advanced lung cancer. State Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R-Lake County), who has been a member of Florida’s House of Representatives since 2018, made the request in a letter to DeSantis Wednesday, calling Limbaugh a “true American patriot.” Today I sent a letter to Governor DeSantis requesting the lowering of Florida’s flags to half-staff in honor of the passing of a great Floridian—Rush Limbaugh. Rush was a relentless champion of America and of civic engagement. May his memory live on forever. pic.twitter.com/5vXHbo9mDz — Rep. Anthony Sabatini (@AnthonySabatini) February 17, 2021 DeSantis has yet to respond to or publicly acknowledge the letter. DeSantis did release a statement Wednesday about the passing of the conservative radio legend, calling him “the greatest of all...
    FOX Nation is celebrating the life of Rush Limbuagh with "Limbaugh's Legacy", an exclusive collection of streaming shows and specials. The collection includes the documentary "Rush Limbaugh: His Words," which will also air Sunday, Feb. 21 at 10 p.m. ET on Fox News Channel. In "Rush Limbaugh: His Words" the often-private broadcaster, who passed away Wednesday at age 70, spoke about his upbringing and what brought him to conservatism and to radio. Limbaugh was born on Januray 12, 1951 to a historically prominent family in Cape Girardeau, Mo. His father, Rush Hudson Limbaugh Jr., was an attorney, World War II veteran, and occasional conservative activist. Grandfather Rush Sr., was a prominent lawyer, at one point becoming president of the Missouri State Bar. The federal courthouse in Cape Girardeau was named after him several years after his 1996 death at the age of 104. VideoIn addition, Limbaugh's cousin, Stephen Jr., is a federal judge appointed to the bench by President George W. Bush....
    Country star John Rich revealed a secret donation that Rush Limbaugh made to the St. Jude Children’s Hospital. “When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St. Jude Children’s Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous,” the 47-year-old country singer tweeted on Wednesday following news of the legendary broadcaster’s death. (RELATED: ‘I Wasn’t Expected To Be Alive Today’: Rush Limbaugh Delivers Final 2020 Message Of Gratitude) When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St Jude Children’s Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous. I never said a word until now. He will be missed. #RIPRushLimbaugh — John Rich (@johnrich) February 17, 2021 “I never said a word until now,” Rich added. “He will...
    The hosts of Fox News Fox &Friends on Thursday criticized The New York Times for including negative comments in an article remembering the late conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh. The Times, in its article memorializing Limbaugh, noted that he built talk radio into a right-wing attack machine, used misogynistic and racist language, and trafficked in conspiracy theories. It noted that Limbaugh was one of the most prominent supporters of the false conspiracy theory that former President Barack Obama was not born in the United States, coined the term feminazis to describe feminists, and mocked the deaths of gay men from AIDS in a regular segment on his radio show. On Thursday, Fox News Lara Logan and Pete Hegseth ripped the newspaper for these comments, which were published the day Limbaughs death was announced. Its so sick that I barely feel comfortable putting it on the screen, Hegseth said before showing a screen...
    Republican Colorado Rep. Doug Lamborn introduced a resolution Thursday which would honor the life and legacy of legendary broadcaster Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh died Wednesday at 70 from lung cancer. Lamborn said Limbaugh’s legacy will not be forgotten and introduced a resolution honoring him and his work. “Honoring the life and legacy of Rush Limbaugh and commending Rush Limbaugh for inspiring millions of radio listeners and for his devotion to our country,” the resolution states. “Rush Limbaugh’s importance to the conservative movement cannot be overstated. This is why I introduced a resolution highlighting his numerous achievements and his remarkable life,” Lamborn said in a statement. “Liberals often criticized his jests and words with anger and without acknowledging his free speech rights. Rush Limbaugh was a patriot, and his voice will truly be missed. His legacy will not be forgotten.” READ THE RESOLUTION HERE: Rush Limbaugh Resolution by Henry Rodgers on Scribd...
    Following his wife Kathryn Limbaugh’s announcement of his death on Wednesday, figures from politics and media flooded social media and news time alongside millions of normal Americans with recollections — for better and for worse — of conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh’s life and legacy.
    Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee slammed the "shocking" and "unconscionable" remarks by some media pundits celebrating the death of conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh. "It’s shocking to me that even in a person’s death are unable to find any kind of human kindness. It’s just beyond me to understand that," Huckabee said during an interview on "The Faulkner Focus." "Celebrating a person’s death I don’t care who that person is unless it’s Usama Bin Laden, it is just, to me it’s unthinkable, unconscionable and these people are proud of what they’re saying. They ought to be ashamed of themselves." Huckabee asserted that the media’s lack of "adult behavior" is a result of Limbaugh holding a mirror up to the "hypocrisy" of the far-left and exposing truths within them that they refused to see. CELEBRITIES REACT TO RUSH LIMBAUGH'S DEATH He added that despite poking fun at people and arguing on points he...
    Fox News’ Howard Kurtz went on a takedown against those openly celebrating the death of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh. Thus far on Thursday, much of Fox’s programming has been devoted to memorializing Limbaugh as a right-wing cultural figure after his passing from lung cancer. During a discussion about Limbaugh’s impact on America Reports, John Roberts prompted Kurtz to address the “disgusting” anti-Limbaugh vitriol he has seen on social media. “The ghoulish glee some on the Left have displayed since Rush Limbaugh died is just reprehensible,” said Kurtz. “I never understand why some twisted people feel it’s perfectly okay to applaud when someone they fundamentally disagree with passes away. It makes them look small and mean and petty.” Kurtz went on to say it’s “fine” for people to posthumously criticize Limbaugh for his “offensive” rhetoric throughout his career. “We don’t have to whitewash somebody’s career, but that’s very different from...
    President Joe Biden has declined to comment publicly on the death of right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh, but if you go back a ways, you can find Biden calling out the host’s “malarkey” on the Senate floor — in the 1990s. News of Limbaugh’s death broke on Wednesday to lamentations from the right and a variety of reactions elsewhere, but when White House press secretary Jen Psaki was asked for President Biden’s thoughts on the matter, she would only relay condolences for the family. “Certainly his condolences go out to the family and friends of Rush Limbaugh…I don’t know that I anticipate a statement from the president, but I can certainly pass on his condolences, and expression of support for the family,” Psaki said. Psaki was correct, no statement was issued. But Biden did reference Limbaugh repeatedly as a United States senator, using him as an exemplar of toxic...
    Following the death of conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh, people are remembering one of his most enigmatic friendships in Hollywood: Elton John. Although the duo often stood on different sides of most political issues, John and Limbaugh had a friendship that was solidified in 2010 when the radio host tapped the singer to perform an 80-minute set at his Palm Beach, Fla., wedding to Kathryn Rogers. According to People, which interviewed John’s husband, David Furnish, at the time, the singer wasn’t sure that the invitation to the nuptials was genuine. However, when it became clear that the Limbaughs actually wanted the performer there despite political differences, John reportedly said: "Life is about building bridges, not walls." He reportedly added: "Maybe if I can make a great impression, people might change their perspectives on life." RUSH LIMBAUGH REMEMBERED BY SEAN HANNITY, 'FOX & FRIENDS' HOSTS: LEGEND IN 'CROSSHAIRS' OF CANCEL CULTURE...
    By Brian Stelter | CNN Business Upon hearing about Rush Limbaugh’s death on Wednesday, many fans said he was irreplaceable. For the time being, his distributor is not going to try. “Rush’s voice will continue to be heard, providing comfort and continued insight to his legions of loyal fans,” Premiere Networks said in a statement obtained by CNN Business. Premiere Networks syndicates “The Rush Limbaugh Show” to hundreds of local radio stations across the United States. Many of the stations rely on Limbaugh to draw a big audience in the middle of the day. So the stations are paying close attention to Premiere’s plans for the time slot. For now, Premiere says that “transitional programming” will air in Limbaugh’s time slot “until his audience is prepared to say good-bye.” The company, a division of iHeartMedia, didn’t specify how long this “Best of Rush” programming will air, but it is expected...
    Already subscribed? Log in Not yet a subscriber? Take advantage of the first month free* Subscribe Or * then current rate, without commitment Account with access found We found another account giving you access to this content: .Do you want to change accounts to read this article ?. To cancel Change account Updating your access profile We are reloading the page to give you access to the content of this article.
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu extended his condolences over the death of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh in a tweet on Thursday, calling him  “a great friend of Israel.” “I send my heartfelt condolences to the family of Rush Limbaugh,” Netanyahu wrote.  “He was a great friend of Israel and he stood by us through thick and thin, always firm, never wavering. We shall miss him dearly,” Netanyahu said. I send my heartfelt condolences to the family of Rush Limbaugh. He was a great friend of Israel and he stood by us through thick and thin, always firm, never wavering. We shall miss him dearly. — Benjamin Netanyahu (@netanyahu) February 18, 2021 Limbaugh viewed Israel as the U.S.’ strongest ally in the fight against terrorism. Following the 9/11 attacks, Limbaugh called on the the George W. Bush administration to give Israel carte blanche to destroy its enemies. “Bush is right about...
    Rush Limbaugh’s brother has issued a brief statement memorializing the late conservative talk radio host, whose death from lung cancer was announced earlier this week. David Limbaugh, author and conservative political commentator, tweeted on Wednesday night: “Im not ready to speak yet but I Im so proud of my amazing, loving brother (sic)." He added, "Thousands of you have shared how much he meant to you. My brother was the real deal. I can’t describe how sad I am but also how proud I am of my big brother. I love and adore you Rush. Thank you all.” The longtime host of “The Rush Limbaugh Show” died on Wednesday after a year-long battle with advanced lung cancer, which he had announced in February 2020. Related Stories: Rush Limbaugh, Talk Radio Legend, Dies at 70 of Lung Cancer Chris Wallace: Rush Limbaugh Often a Quiet, Even Shy Friend ...
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Thursday his state was "proud" to be the home of late conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who was "obviously a legend." "We were proud in Florida to be home to where he applied his trade for 20 years," the governor told Fox News "Fox and Friends." "He obviously was a legend. Somebody will succeed in the 12-3 p.m. slot but no one will ever replace him." DeSantis said he was happy to have been on Limbaughs show a few times and to have gotten to know him. Limbaugh had also mentioned that DeSantis had been brave enough to keep his state open during the pandemic when other states were not willing to do that, and the governor on Thursday insisted that "lockdowns dont work." "If you look at Florida, our per capita mortality for COVID-19 is less than the national average, our senior mortality...
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sent his "condolences" to conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh's family in a Thursday morning tweet. Politicians, pundits and celebrities shared memories of Limbaugh on Wednesday following his wife's announcement that the radio host had died after being diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer about a year ago. "I send my heartfelt condolences to the family of Rush Limbaugh," Netanyahu, a friend of former President Trump, said in the tweet. "He was a great friend of Israel and he stood by us through thick and thin, always firm, never wavering. We shall miss him dearly." Limbaugh was a staunch supporter of Israel, much like his friend, the former president, who formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital and helped secure peace deals between Israel and a number of Middle Eastern countries during his presidency. RUSH LIMBAUGH, CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO PIONEER, DEAD AT 70 The Jewish Telegraphic Agency, an international Jewish news website, announced...
    More On: rush limbaugh Trump reflects on decision to award Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh Rush Limbaugh took jab at Biden in final Facebook post before his death Appreciation: Rush Limbaugh remade talk radio — and modern conservatism Rush Limbaugh remade talk radio and won the hearts of millions: RIP WASHINGTON — University of California faculty delighted at the death of conservative radio legend Rush Limbaugh hours after his passing Wednesday, calling him a “one-man hate industry” in an email pitching themselves as “Rush Limbaugh experts” for media interviews. Three professors from the University of California, Riverside appeared to celebrate Limbaugh’s death after he lost his battle with lung cancer at age 70, claiming that “America is objectively a better place without Rush in it.” “For decades, Rush Limbaugh made millions trafficking in racism, sexism, and xenophobia,” creative writing professor and former CNN employee Reza Aslan said in...
    Joy Behar told her co-host Thursday on ABC’s “The View” that late conservatives talker Rush Limbaugh was “not authentic” and spewed prejudices and lies only for “the almighty dollar.” Discussing Limbaugh’s legacy, Behar said, “It’s interesting. I worked with him. I’ve interviewed Ann Coulter many times. Jeanine Pirro was on ‘The View.’ Trump has been on ‘The View.’ These people, you know, these people, you know, have gone through some kind of metamorphosis of weirdness over the years. Jeanine Pirro used to come on the show. She was actually fun. Ann Coulter, I consider her a comedienne. I don’t even consider her a pundit. And we all know what Trump was like before. He was a Democrat. So what happened to them?” She continued, “The answer is money. Money is what happened to them. They have been thrown at — so much money at them at Fox, for example, and at various...
    Conservative radio giant Rush Limbaugh was remembered Thursday on ABC’s “The View” as the man who had “weaponized white male grievance.” All five cohosts — Joy Behar, Meghan McCain, Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines and Whoopi Goldberg — weighed in on Limbaugh, who passed away Wednesday after a year-long battle with lung cancer. (RELATED: ‘How Long Until We Start Trashing Her?’: Meghan McCain Says Media Will Turn On Liz Cheney) WATCH: Behar was the first to comment, saying that she believed Limbaugh was not “authentic” and was just in it for the money. “Trump, we all know what he was like before. He was a Democrat,” Behar said. “So what happened to them? And the answer is money. Money is what happened to them. They have been thrown at — so much money at them at Fox, for example, and various places, that they could not resist the money....
    David Limbaugh, brother to the late Rush Limbaugh, broke his silence with a few written words about his brother’s passing Wednesday evening, explaining he is not yet ready to speak but expressing immense love and adoration for his brother and thanking supporters for doing the same. “Im [sic] not ready to speak yet but I Im [sic] so proud of my amazing, loving brother,” the conservative radio legend’s younger brother wrote Wednesday. “Thousands of you have shared how much he meant to you. My brother was the real deal. I can’t describe how sad I am but also how proud I am of my big brother,” he continued. “I love and adore you Rush. Thank you all”: Im not ready to speak yet but I Im so proud of my amazing, loving brother. Thousands of you have shared how much he meant to you. My brother was the real deal....
    New York (CNN Business)Upon hearing about Rush Limbaugh's death on Wednesday, many fans said he was irreplaceable. For the time being, his distributor is not going to try. "Rush's voice will continue to be heard, providing comfort and continued insight to his legions of loyal fans," Premiere Networks said in a statement obtained by CNN Business.Premiere Networks syndicates "The Rush Limbaugh Show" to hundreds of local radio stations across the United States. Many of the stations rely on Limbaugh to draw a big audience in the middle of the day. So the stations are paying close attention to Premiere's plans for the time slot. For now, Premiere says that "transitional programming" will air in Limbaugh's time slot "until his audience is prepared to say good-bye." The company, a division of iHeartMedia, didn't specify how long this "Best of Rush" programming will air, but it is expected to continue for weeks.Read...
    A day after Rush Limbaugh died, Hollywood filmmaker Rob Reiner attacked the late conservative radio host as a purveyor of disinformation, saying that Americans must protect democracy from others like him. Rob Reiner launched his social media attack on the late Limbaugh by calling him a liar, warning that other conservative media personalities are trying to deny climate change. “To protect our Democracy we must remain vigilant in calling out their big lies. Starting with climate change,” he wrote. Rush Limbaugh is gone. But there is no scarcity of purveyors of disinformation left in his wake. To protect our Democracy we must remain vigilant in calling out their big lies. Starting with climate change. — Rob Reiner (@robreiner) February 18, 2021 Reiner is the latest left-wing Hollywood elite to attack Limbaugh following news of his death yesterday. The 70-year-old conservative radio legend died after a battle with lung cancer, his...
    Conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh exposed how "biased" the left-wing media was long before most people realized it, radio host Larry Elder said on Thursday. "One of the many, many, many things he did, of course, was to put the left-wing media on trial," Elder told "Fox & Friends." Elder said that people did not realize "how bad the media was" until Rush Limbaugh came along and started shedding light on the bias. RUSH LIMBAUGH, CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO PIONEER, DEAD AT 70 He said that the Washington Post had never editorialized in favor of a Republican president and The New York Times has not done it since 1956.  "I remember when Rush Limbaugh first became national, he got a deal with the Florida Citrus Growers to do a commercial to advertise oranges. And he got hammered and the citrus growers got hammered and they pulled it off the air pretty soon." Elder said...
    Former President Donald Trump said Wednesday he was not interested in replacing legendary broadcaster Rush Limbaugh on his radio show. “He would be a hard one to replace … he’s irreplaceable,” Trump said during an interview with Newsmax TV host Greg Kelly on Wednesday evening. He acknowledged people had asked him about the possibility of replacing Limbaugh after news broke Wednesday the talk radio legend had died after a struggle with lung cancer. But Trump indicated he thought it was a bad idea. “You wouldn’t want to follow Rush … some things just can’t be done. He was unique,” he said. Trump spoke several times with Limbaugh during his 2016 presidential campaign and lunched and golfed with the legendary broadcaster after becoming president “He was the king,” Trump said, recalling when he awarded Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom during his State of the Union speech in 2020. When Kelly asked...
    Mark Peterson/Getty Let our journalists help you make sense of the noise: Subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter and get a recap of news that matters.Rush Limbaugh died on Wednesday. Fox News called him a pioneer; HuffPost (correctly) proclaimed him a “bigoted king.” I’ll go with powerful ghoul. Rush said racist, sexist, and odiously right-wing shit every day for hours and hours on end, for years. He played the theme song from The Jeffersons whenever he talked about Carol Moseley Braun, the first Black woman to serve in the US Senate. He spoke terribly of those who had recently been killed—so no need to bother with the fake civility. If it’s unclear where to stand, just know the New York Times rolled out its code word for a terrible man who is newly dead: “provocateur.” Whether Limbaugh is good or bad isn’t really worth pondering. (Donald Trump gave him the...
    Former Kansas Sen. Bob Dole announced Thursday he began treatment this week for stage 4 lung cancer.  RUSH LIMBAUGH, CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO PIONEER, DEAD AT 70 "While I certainly have some hurdles ahead, I also know that I join millions of Americans who face significant health challenges of their own," he said in a statement.  Dole, 97, is a World War II veteran, former Senate Majority Leader and was the Republican Party's 1996 presidential nominee. His political career spanned nearly five decades. TRUMP REVEALS STORY BEHIND RUSH LIMBAUGH'S PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM Stage 4 cancer is the most advanced stage of the illness and is the least likely to be cured or end up in remission.  CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP The former senator's announcement comes a day after conservative talk show pioneer Rush Limbaugh died following a year-long battle with stage 4 lung cancer.Vandana Rambaran is a reporter covering news...
    Fox News contributor and podcast host Dan Bongino said Thursday that all conservatives have a memorable moment from listening to Rush Limbaugh, the American radio icon who died yesterday after a long battle with lung cancer. "We became different people because of Rush Limbaugh," Bongino said on "Fox & Friends." "Every conservative I know, everyone has had that Rush Limbaugh moment where they were listening and heard an idea for the first time ever." Bongino noted that at the time "The Rush Limbaugh Show" came on the airwaves in 1988, Fox News and other mainstream conservative outlets were still almost a decade away. "If you wanted to hear what conservatism was about there was only one place, and it was on your AM [radio] dial," Bongino said. DONALD TRUMP MOURNS PASSING OF RUSH LIMBAUGH: ‘HE IS A LEGEND, HE LOVED THIS COUNTRY SO MUCH' Bongino, who was diagnosed and...
    Late conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh often experienced "cancel culture" during his career, Fox News host Sean Hannity said while reacting to the radio legends death.  "Before we had the term snowflake or woke or cancel culture, talk radio has always been in the crosshairs of cancel culture," Hannity said on Fox News "Fox and Friends" Thursday, adding that Limbaugh had a unique, often humorous and irreverent way of educating America on conservatism.  "So many generations of Americans will miss that voice that educated all of us and reminded us of these great principles that made America great," he said, recalling a 2009 interview with Limbaugh where he insisted that "freedom will never go out of style." Limbaugh died Wednesday morning from complications from a year-long battle with lung cancer. Hannity, shortly after the news that his friend and mentor had died, commented on Fox that "you can never...
    Rush Limbaugh’s widow Kathryn is set to inherit the $51million Palm Beach property he called his permanent home after quitting New York City in 2010, according to reports. Limbaugh, who died on Wednesday aged 70 after a year-long battle with lung cancer, first picked up the estate as a vacation home in 1998 for only $3.98million, Fox Business reports. According to a recent estimate on Zillow, the property is now worth almost 13 times as much after he and his 44-year-old wife transformed the property when they decided to relocate for good. The couple added three additional structures to the house, originally built in 1992, after buying up surrounding land. Limbaugh also relocated his business and radio show to Florida, which he hosted just a mile away from the house, and he was located close to friend President Donald Trump whose Mar a Lago estate is along the same eight-lime...
    Conservative radio show host Mark Levin became emotional during his program when remembering his friend Rush Limbaugh. “I cannot tell you how much he loved you. Right to the end, he wanted to get on radio. He wanted to be behind the microphone to talk to you right to the end. You were his extended family, I'm telling you, like nobody else I've ever seen,” Levin said during the beginning of his Wednesday night radio program. “You stood with him through thick and thin. When he came under attack, which he often did,” he said. Limbaugh died Wednesday, which his wife announced at the beginning of his radio program. He had been battling lung cancer since last year, receiving treatment while continuing to host his show. “People are hanging on his every word in order to try and destroy him, but they failed. Miserably. And he would say,...
    More On: donald trump Trump touts New York’s COVID-19 aid, says Cuomo could have ‘saved lives’ Trump rips ‘mentally gone’ Biden over vaccines, won’t rule out 2024 run What about justice for this Capitol rioter?: Devine New hate-mongering scandals at UN agency that Biden means to send millions Former President Donald Trump recounted in a TV interview that his decision to award Rush Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom was based on suggestions from “a lot of great people of our country — largely Republican.” Trump joined “Hannity” on Wednesday to remember the conservative trailblazer, who died at age 70 after a battle with lung cancer. During his State of the Union speech last year, Trump awarded Limbaugh the award, which recognizes people who have made “an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private...
    Rush Limbaugh’s death prompted a gusher of reactions from devastated fans and elated critics, but there’s a third category who memorialized the bigoted radio host by pushing back on the nauseating gradients of lionization by the media. You can count me among the latter group, and absent from the sub-category of Limbaugh opponents who high-mindedly scolded the “rot in Hell” crowd for not holding their tongues while the body cooled. I don’t believe this death is worthy of celebration, and generally don’t believe in cheering anyone’s death, but people who live with the harm Limbaugh created deserve their voice. In fact, it is that harm that makes Limbaugh’s death particularly unworthy of celebration, because that harm will outlive him by at least a generation. That’s also why I feel little outrage toward the predictable lionization of Limbaugh by the conservative media, and reserve it for the nauseatingly anodized takes...
    New York Citys 77 WABC Radio, which was late conservative talk show host Rush Limbaughs home radio station for 25 years, will honor the icons legacy by marking Thursday "Rush Limbaugh Day." Limbaugh, who died Wednesday after a year-long battle with lung cancer, moved to New York to broadcast at WABC Studios in 1988. "The Rush Limbaugh Show" became nationally syndicated soon after and was heard on 77 WABC Radio through December 2013, WABC notes. "Rush Limbaugh is a revolutionary icon in talk radio, who laid the framework and foundation for people — on both sides — to express their opinions on the airwaves," said John Catsimatidis, chairman and CEO of WABC 77 Radio. "His style was one-of-a-kind, with broad influence in politics, and even greater influence in our studios. Although fellow broadcasters may have disagreed with Rush, he was respected in the industry, for his prominence, commitment, and patriotism. We...
    Catholic League president Bill Donohue said Wednesday that Rush Limbaugh was a “titan,” who would always be remembered by a grateful nation. “No talk-show host, on radio or TV—liberal or conservative—has ever had as much public impact as Rush Limbaugh,” Dr. Donohue wrote Wednesday. “His voice was a gift from God and his daily presentations and musings were classic.” “He did not need prepared scripts: his commentary was fluid, coherent and persuasive. Indeed, he captivated his audience in a way no one else ever has,” Donohue added. Limbaugh’s passing on Ash Wednesday will give Christians an easy way to remember him each year, Donohue suggested. “The good news is that his passing on Ash Wednesday will invite us to remember him every Lenten season,” he said. “We have lost a titan. Sad to note but there is no one who can fill his shoes,” he said. “God bless Rush Limbaugh.”...
    Wednesday, Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson opened his program by paying tribute to conservative talker Rush Limbaugh, who passed away earlier in the day due to lung cancer. The “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host credited Limbaugh for taking on censorship, which Carlson said long predated the wave of corporate censorship currently threatening the culture. Transcript as follows: CARLSON: Rush Limbaugh passed away today as you’ve doubtless heard. He had just turned 70 last month. There are people, literally millions of people who listen to Rush Limbaugh faithfully every day for 30 years. Some of them cried when they heard the news. Others on the internet gloated, revealing the depth of their cruelty and soullessness. We’re going to ignore them tonight. They have too much influence over our culture already. Instead, we’re going to tell you about Rush Limbaugh, what he did and why he mattered. Limbaugh was a profoundly talented broadcaster,...
    Fox News host Sean Hannity remembered conservative radio legend Rush Limbaugh in an appearance Thursday morning on "Fox & Friends," saying Limbaugh experienced what is now known as "cancel culture" throughout his storied career.  "Before we had the term 'snowflake' or 'woke' or cancel culture, talk radio has always been in the crosshairs of cancel culture," said Hannity, remembering how Limbaugh injected humor and irreverence into his show with phrases like "talent on loan from God" and "half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair." Hannity said he does not support boycotts of any kind, even for left-wing voices he strongly disagrees with, applauding the way Limbaugh explained the tenets of conservatism on his show each day in a way listeners could understand.   TRUMP JOINS 'HANNITY, 'REVEALS STORY BEHIND LIMBAUGH MEDAL OF FREEDOM "That was Rush Limbaugh and so many generations of Americans will miss that voice that educated all...
    More On: rush limbaugh Appreciation: Rush Limbaugh remade talk radio — and modern conservatism Rush Limbaugh remade talk radio and won the hearts of millions: RIP The $50M Florida house Rush Limbaugh left behind for his wife Trump talks Rush Limbaugh in first TV interview as ex-president Conservative talk radio pioneer Rush Limbaugh, who died Wednesday after a year-long battle with cancer, took a dig at President Joe Biden in his final Facebook post two weeks before his death. “Biden canceled ‘a major foreign policy speech,” folks, over two inches of snow. I kid you not,” Limbaugh wrote late on Feb. 2. He added a link to a story on his website titled, “Biden Sees His Shadow, Cancels Major Speech.” A day earlier, the president pulled the plug on a trip to the State Department, where he had been scheduled to deliver his first major foreign policy speech as...
    Wednesday on FNC’s “The Ingraham Angle,” former Vice President Mike Pence, who before politics was an Indiana talk show host, credited Rush Limbaugh for the opportunities he had in his radio and political careers. According to Pence, Limbaugh, who succumbed to lung cancer and passed away earlier in the day on Wednesday, told host Laura Ingraham that he would always be grateful to Limbaugh for what he had done in his role as the “anchor of conservatism.” “People wouldn’t know this about me — but Rush Limbaugh came of age in about 1989, and it was literally at a time, you know, you had an incredible career in radio,” Pence said. “But in the ’80s, literally, 8:00 a.m. radio was dying. And Rush Limbaugh stepped in as a force of nature, and he transformed and invented conservative talk radio. In the early 1990s, I was drawn into that medium, and...
    Fox News’ Pete Hegseth and Lara Logan teamed up to blast The New York Times for highlighting Rush Limbaugh’s controversial legacy in their obituary for the conservative radio host. Limbaugh died on Wednesday after a year-long battle with lung cancer. Conservatives mourned the loss of one of their most prominent media figures as soon as the news broke, and the lament continued the next day as it became the predominant subject on Fox & Friends. Logan joined the show to talk about Limbaugh’s fight against liberal media bias, and during her own takedown of The New York Times, Hegseth was disgusted as he brought up their coverage on Limbaugh’s death. “It’s so sick that I barely feel comfortable putting it on the screen,” Hegseth said. He then flashed a screenshot of the Times’ piece remembering Limbaugh as a man who “built talk radio into a right-wing attack machine,” used “misogynistic...
    Frank Siller, the CEO and chairman of the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, is remembering late conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who raised $5 million to benefit his organization, as a "great patriot" and the "greatest person for a conservative movement." "We lost a legend, an icon," Siller said on Fox News "Fox & Friends." "My heart bleeds for [his wife] Kathryn because they were a great team, and she lost the love of her life and he touched so many Americans in so many different ways that we all can relate to." Limbaugh, he added, "got down to the grassroots of people and where we really understood what he was saying. He did it in the simplest of terms in a very complicated world. He is going to be sorely missed." Through his radio show, Limbaugh raised $5 million for Tunnel to Towers, which provides mortgage-free homes for severely injured military...
    CONSERVATIVE radio personality Rush Limbaugh has left his wife a $50 million Florida mansion with seven bedrooms and a private beach. The political commentator died at the age of 70 this week after battling advanced lung cancer for nearly a year. 10The Palm Beach house boasts 12 bathrooms, a private elevator, and a two-story libraryCredit: Pacific Coast News 10Limbaugh bought the estate in 1998 for $3.98 million and initially used it as a holiday homeCredit: Google Earth 10Rush Limbaugh's wife confirmed his death at the start of his radio show on WednesdayCredit: Getty Images - Getty His wife, Kathryn Adams, confirmed the devastating news at the start of his Wednesday morning show. "Rush will forever be the greatest of all time. Rush was an extraordinary man. A gentle giant. Brilliant, quick-witted, genuinely kind," she said. Earning an estimated $33 million a year, it is believed Limbaugh had amassed a net worth of more...
    AMERICA this week lost the voice of conservative radio, Rush Limbaugh, when he died at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer. The radio personality was the host of The Rush Limbaugh Show, which has been in national syndication on AM and FM radio stations since 1988. 2Rush Limbaugh has died at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancerCredit: AP:Associated Press But what was his net worth, when did he die and how long did he present his show for? Here's all you need to know about the legendary radio personality, conservative political commentator, author and former television show host. What was Rush Limbaugh's net worth? Limbaugh’s net worth before he died was a whopping $600million (£431.9million.) He was among the most highly paid figures in American radio. In 2018, Forbes listed his earnings at $84.5 million (£60.3million.) In December 2019, Talkers Magazine estimated...
    Celebrities whove been diagnosed with cancer 10 States With the Largest Tax Bills Japanese tennis superstar Naomi Osaka Thursday welcomed the resignation of gaffe-prone Tokyo Olympics chief Yoshiro Mori and his replacement by a woman as a big boost in the drive for equality. © ROB PREZIOSO Naomi Osaka has welcomed Seiko Hashimoto's appointment as Tokyo Olympics chief Mori, 83, quit last week over widely condemned sexist remarks after saying that women "have difficulty" speaking concisely, "which is annoying". It sparked a chorus of criticism from sports stars and politicians, including three-time Grand Slam winner Osaka who condemned the remarks as "ignorant". Japan's Olympic minister Seiko Hashimoto was named as his replacement Thursday, barely five months before the virus-postponed Games, with public opinion in Japan still largely against holding the massive event. Osaka, a leading face of the Games in her home nation, said the appointment of the seven-time...
    By DAVID BAUDER, AP Media Writer NEW YORK (AP) — You didn't have to like or even listen to Rush Limbaugh to be affected by what he did. Conservative talk radio wasn't a genre before him. Without Limbaugh, it's hard to imagine a Fox News Channel, or a President Donald Trump, or a media landscape defined by shouters of all stripes that both reflect and influence a state of political gridlock. To his fans, Limbaugh's death Wednesday of lung cancer at the age of 70 was an occasion for deep mourning. For his foes, it was good riddance. Somewhere, Rush could surely appreciate it. He left a legacy. “He was the most important individual media figure of the last four decades,” said Ian Reifowitz, professor of historical studies at the State University of New York and author of “The Tribalization of Politics: How Rush Limbaugh's Race-Baiting Rhetoric on the Obama...
    NEW YORK (AP) — You didn’t have to like or even listen to Rush Limbaugh to be affected by what he did. Conservative talk radio wasn’t a genre before him. Without Limbaugh, it’s hard to imagine a Fox News Channel, or a President Donald Trump, or a media landscape defined by shouters of all stripes that both reflect and influence a state of political gridlock. To his fans, Limbaugh’s death Wednesday of lung cancer at the age of 70 was an occasion for deep mourning. For his foes, it was good riddance. Somewhere, Rush could surely appreciate it. He left a legacy. “He was the most important individual media figure of the last four decades,” said Ian Reifowitz, professor of historical studies at the State University of New York and author of “The Tribalization of Politics: How Rush Limbaugh’s Race-Baiting Rhetoric on the Obama Presidency Paved the Way for Trump.”...
    The controversial conservative announcer Rush Limbaugh He died this Wednesday at the age of 70 in the United States, where he will be remembered for his unconditional admiration for former President Donald Trump and for having popularized the term “feminazi”, although he never admitted having been its creator. His wife, Kathryn Limbaugh, announced that the controversial host, one of the most influential figures among Republicans, he lost his life due to lung cancer, which had been diagnosed in February 2020 at an advanced stage, after having been a heavy smoker and having advocated tobacco use. Limbaugh was in front of the radio show The Rush Limbaugh Show for 32 years and he was only absent on a few occasions to receive treatment, local media highlighted. After learning of his condition, then-President Donald Trump (2017-2021) granted him the Presidential Medal of the Freedom during the State of the Union address....
    Donald Trump has told an emotional Sean Hannity that their mutual friend Rush Limbaugh was 'the king' of conservative radio, as Mike Pence described him as 'an inspiration and an anchor of conservatism.' Limbaugh died at home in Palm Beach, Florida, on Wednesday at the age of 70, after a battle with lung cancer. Trump, who had remained silent since leaving the White House on January 20, stormed back onto cable news on Wednesday to celebrate the life of the influential radio host who, Trump said, had 'been there from the start'. Donald Trump has paid tribute to his friend Rush Limbaugh, pictured in April 2019 Trump and Limbaugh at a November 2018 rally in Limbaugh's home state of Missouri 'It was an honor to know him,' Trump told Hannity. 'I got to know him right after coming down the escalator. He was there right from the beginning....
    Rush Limbaugh's younger brother took to Twitter late Wednesday to briefly address the radio icon’s death and remembered him as "the real deal." David Limbaugh, a lawyer and columnist, told his followers that he was still processing the loss, but said he was proud of his "amazing, loving brother." Video"My brother was the real deal," he wrote. "I can’t describe how sad I am but also how proud I am of my big brother. I love and adore you Rush. Thank you all." Rush Limbaugh died of lung cancer Wednesday at the age of 70. He was praised by many in the industry as the king of conservative talk. Former President Trump told Fox News that he is a "legend."Edmund DeMarche is a senior news editor for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @EDeMarche.
    FORMER President Donald Trump on Wednesday lauded the late Rush Limbaugh as a “brilliant” and “terrific” conservative radio host, while teasing his own future political plans. Trump shared his admiration for Limbaugh, who died of advanced lung cancer that morning, in an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity. 5Donald Trump hailed the late Rush LimbaughCredit: AFP or licensors “Totally brilliant guy,” Trump said of Limbaugh, who was 70 years old.  “He could just talk for three hours and everybody found it spellbinding.” Trump said he got to know Limbaugh when he was coming down the escalator with his wife Melania. “He was there from the beginning,” Trump said.  5Donald Trump spoke to Fox News host Sean Hannity about Rush LimbaughCredit: Fox “A very, very terrific man.” Trump added that Limbaugh “loved this country” as well as his wife. “He’s going to be missed by you and by me and...
    The passing of broadcasting legend Rush Limbaugh hit close to home for "Hannity" host Sean Hannity, who honored the talk radio icon's memory during Wednesday night's opening monologue. "He was an innovator. He was a pioneer. He was a trailblazer. He was a great patriot," he said. "He fought every single day to make this country a more perfect union and a better place." "Over five decades, it was his words, his principles, his ideals, his spirit -- it shaped the soul of a nation." Hannity explained that Limbaugh "truly believed" in the greatness of America and the principles of the Constitution, describing him as an "unyielding champion" of freedom for all. TRUMP REVEALS STORY BEHIND RUSH LIMBAUGH'S PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM HONOR "It wasn’t just [if you were] a conservative or a Republican. His love for country and the people who live here was boundless," he said. "And by the way, he...
    Liberals openly celebrated the death of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Twitter Thursday, causing ‘Rest in P*ss’, ‘Good Riddance’ and ‘Rot in Hell’ to trend on the social media site. Limbaugh, 70, died at home in Palm Beach, Florida, on Wednesday morning following a 12-month battle with lung cancer. His fourth wife Kathryn announced the news of his death on his radio show to his loyal fans. But while conservatives across the nation mourned the loss of the larger-than-life broadcaster who laid waste to political correctness over his decades-long career, a cohort of liberals took to social media to, as some put it, ‘dance on his grave’. ‘It’s easy to make fun of Rush Limbaugh right now,’ wrote TV writer Mike Drucker, ‘but it’s important remember that he also brought a lot of people joy by dying.’ Actress and singer-songwriter Bette Midler wrote: ‘Rush Limbaugh has gone to his...
    When the news broke that Rush Limbaugh died Tuesday at age 70, in an unusual occurrence, other celebrity names began trending in connection with him: The people he had cruelly mocked. Chelsea Clinton, for example, spiked as a trending topic. “Everyone, the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” Limbaugh said once, setting up a joke. (Following his death from cancer, the controversial radio broadcaster’s biggest fans were quick to remember his purported sense of humor.) The punchline is that Limbaugh then showed a photo of Chelsea Clinton. She was 13 at the time. Michael J. Fox also began trending in the wake of Limbaugh’s death. In fact—and, admittedly, perhaps as a testament to my own echo chamber that I’ve built online—I’ve seen more people tweeting about Fox than I have about Limbaugh himself. That’s because...
    Rush Limbaugh, the influential conservative radio host, has died from complications of lung cancer, his wife Kathryn announced on his radio show Wednesday. He was 70 years old.  "It is with profound sadness, I must share with you directly, that our beloved Rush, my wonderful husband, passed away this morning due to complications from lung cancer," she said. "As so many of you know, losing a loved one is terribly difficult, even more so when that loved one is larger than life. Rush will forever be the greatest of all-time." "Despite being one of the most recognized powerful people in the world, Rush never let the success change his core or beliefs," she added. "He was polite and respectful to everyone he met." Last February, Limbaugh broke the news of his cancer diagnosis to his listeners. "I can't help but feel that I'm letting everybody down with this. But...
    MSNBC host Joy Reid claimed Wednesday night that conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh "used" his longtime producer to get away with saying "racist" things.  Reid had no kind words for Limbaugh, who died earlier Wednesday at the age of 70 after a tough battle with lung cancer. During a panel discussion, she accused him of "racializing" the Affordable Care Act by referring to it on his radio show as "secret reparations.'" "He got White Americans to hate the Affordable Care Act," Reid said.  After slamming Limbaugh for a parody song that referred to President Barack Obama as "Barack the Magic Negro," she suggested that Limbaugh's producer James Golden, known on the radio show by his pseudonym Bo Snerdley, was only kept around as a shield for Limbaugh's bigotry.  RUSH LIMBAUGH, CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO PIONEER, DEAD AT 70 "[Limbaugh] used his Black sidekick as a cover to do like that kind of outright racist stuff," Reid said.  Snerdley...
    Rush Limbaugh, who died Wednesday at the age of 70 following a bout with Stage IV lung cancer, had a profound impact on American life, TheBlaze founder Glenn Beck told "Tucker Carlson Tonight". "I don’t know any man, any one person -- not a movement, not a collection of people -- any one person that changed the culture as much as Rush Limbaugh did that added to the culture," Beck told host Tucker Carlson. "Maybe Johnny Carson." Beck remembered Limbaugh as a very "private" and "humble" man, recalling a personal story from the first time he tried out for a talk show at Premier Networks "He allowed me to use his studio with his golden microphone, which was terrifying to me. Then when Premier was going to syndicate me, he listened to my show for a week, before they even told me they would make me an offer. When it came down to it, the president of Premier met with Rush. He actually thought they were going to say, ‘Hey, we...
    The executive director of the famed Peabody Awards trashed Rush Limbaugh in a bitter Twitter tirade toward the conservative radio icon, who died on Wednesday at age 70.  Jeffrey Jones responded to an obituary shared by NPR by listing the things he insisted Limbaugh "did to us." "1. Made opponents into true enemies," Jones began listing. "2. Revived overt and dog whistle racism, 3. Stifled attempts to revive the Fairness Doctrine, 4. Showed Roger Ailes the formula for right-wing broadcast success, 5. Offered ignorance as 'common sense' thinking." Item six on Jones's list claimed that Limbaugh "Created an army of listeners with little knowledge and skills in civics or critical thinking into believing themselves political experts" and item seven accused him of "stifling dialogue and said it was OK to talk politics without debate (rarely took calls from those who disagreed)." RUSH LIMBAUGH, CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO PIONEER, DEAD AT 70 "8. Made partisan propaganda into a...
    Rush Limbaugh's final caller on what would become his last show reflected Wednesday on the words of advice he gave her as a long-time fan struggling with the state of the Republican Party.   Former America’s Next Top Model contestant and GOP supporter Sara Racey-Tabrizi felt like an outsider in New York City and told Fox News that she worked in an industry where "conservatives are lepers." She had called the show 30 times and finally got to speak to him. Racey-Tabrizi described for Limbaugh that even after moving across the country, she found it difficult to be politically active in her new home state of Arizona – telling Fox News that the GOP Party is "fractured." RUSH LIMBAUGH, CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO PIONEER, DEAD AT 70 Limbaugh responded by describing his personal history of working his way up from the bottom. Though he did not address how one gets into the political arena while on...
    Rush Limbaughs final live broadcast included a look back on his career and a warning to blue-collar workers who voted for President Joe Biden. Limbaugh died Wednesday at the age of 70 after a year-long battle against lung cancer. He began his final show Feb. 2 by admonishing leaders of The Lincoln Project and their relationship with disgraced co-founder John Weaver, per Fox News. Later, Limbaugh spoke to a caller named Sarah in Glendale, Arizona. The woman expressed frustration at state and local Republican Party organizations from the view of someone interested in running for office. Saying she and her husband had moved to Arizona from New York City because, as conservatives, they had not felt represented as conservatives, Sarah added it was difficult to be politically active in their new state. Limbaugh responded by saying that working ones way up from the bottom has become obsolete in modern politics...
    Former President Donald Trump joined "Hannity" on Wednesday to remember conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who passed away at age 70 after a long battle with lung cancer.  Trump reflected on his decision to award Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom during the State of the Union Address in February 2020, just days after the conservative icon announced his Stage IV lung cancer diagnosis. "It was an idea that we had that a lot of people suggested to me, frankly, a lot of great people of our country, largely Republican," Trump told host Sean Hannity. "It was an amazing night because the Republicans went wild and the Democrats sat there, but they all respected Rush." First lady Melania Trump presented America’s highest civilian honor to Limbaugh in the House gallery, an emotional moment that marked what Trump called one of Limbaugh's "great honors of his life." MARK LEVIN REACTS TO DEATH OF RUSH LIMBAUGH  "Presidential Medal of Freedom...
    Rush H. Limbaugh III Night Owls is a themed open thread appearing at Daily Kos seven days a week. Alex Shephard at The Nation writes—Rush Limbaugh Made America Worse. The racist, sexist radio host played a pivotal role in injecting cruelty and conspiracy into conservative mass media: Twenty-five years ago, Rush Limbaugh graced the cover of Time magazine. Wearing a striped shirt, an expensive suit, and a look of total contempt, he held his trademark cigar between two stubby fingers. A thick plume of smoke obscured part of his face, styling him in brimstone. The issue’s cover asked a simple, almost innocent question: Is Rush Limbaugh good for America? The answer to that question was as obvious 25 years ago as it is today: Limbaugh was not merely bad for the United States, he was bad in uniquely terrible ways, and uniquely terrible right up until the end. He is near the top of any...
    Former President Donald Trump lamented the death of conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Newsmax TV on Wednesday, calling him "unique," "spellbinding," and a "great friend." Trump appeared via phone on "Greg Kelly Reports" to express his sadness for the passing of Limbaugh, who died earlier in the day from lung cancer at the age of 70. "We lost a great one today," Trump said. "Rush was just a unique character, and a great friend to all of us. So, we lost a really great gentlemen today." Trump recalled the announcement of bestowing the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Limbaugh at last years State of the Union Address, describing how sick Limbaugh was. "He knew a little bit about it, and we had to because he was quite ill," Trump said. "Its amazing that he lasted this long. Only a strong person could have. And he was actually in the...
    Author and commentator Mark Steyn, who frequently filled in for Rush Limbaugh as the host of his syndicated radio show, told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Wednesday that Limbaugh's staying power was due largely to his connection with his audience. "He was a brilliant broadcaster," said Steyn of Limbaugh, who died earlier Wednesday of complications from lung cancer at the age of 70. "It wasn't what he was talking about. It was how he talked about it," Steyn said. "He made politics fun. He brought in all the elements. He had 20 years as a not-terribly-successful disc jockey where he had honed his craft. So he was able to use humor. He was able to use parody, songs. He was brilliant at it. He was better than anybody ... He had no fear that any of the talents that came along after him would ever surpass him. He was simply the best. He invented this forum." Steyn added that Limbaugh's loyalty to his friends and employees helped him stay atop the ratings. TUCKER...
    Hillsdale College President Dr. Larry Arnn said in a statement Wednesday about the passing of Rush Limbaugh that the conservative talk radio host was a “force of nature.” Our prayers go out to the Limbaugh family at the loss of Rush Limbaugh. "He loved our country always, and came to a deep love of God. His massive audience will miss him, I will miss him, and the country will miss him." – Dr. Arnn. May he rest in peace. pic.twitter.com/Xv1nuFOuIC — Hillsdale College (@Hillsdale) February 17, 2021 Arnn said: My friend Rush Limbaugh, who died today, was a force of nature. More than any other individual, he was responsible for breaking the Left’s media monopoly. His voice on the radio, where he has promoted Hillsdale College for more than 10 years, will never be equaled. He loved our country always, and came to a deep love of God. His...
    After the Wednesday passing of talk radio legend Rush Limbaugh, blue check leftists took to Twitter to bash and mock the conservative icon while rejoicing over his death, including driving the hashtag #RestInPiss. Limbaugh, who hosted The Rush Limbaugh Show for 32 years, had been battling stage IV lung cancer since January 2020.  Within minutes of the announcement of Limbaugh’s death, leftist Twitter users took to the social media platform to mock his memory and criticize both him and his positions. Rush Limbaugh passes away from cancer and @Twitter lefties decide to trend this. Such nice people. pic.twitter.com/NAEd4USjG6 — Andrew Surabian (@Surabees) February 17, 2021 “Rush Limbaugh was a Nazi who delighted in the suffering of others,” wrote writer and producer Wendy Molyneux. “We do not mourn and we do not care.” Rush Limbaugh was a Nazi who delighted in the suffering of others. We do not mourn...