Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 - 10:15:14
503 results - (0.009 seconds)

the trip:

Travel influencer Shakeemah Smith recently returned from Antigua. @anniemcfierce Travel influencer Shakeemah Smith, who says she has been to 51 countries solo, recently returned from a week in Antigua. She said she researched destinations that had low infection rates, required visitors to present a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival, and didn't require a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all travelers.   Smith told Insider she loved her time on the Caribbean island and was impressed with its health and safety measures, including mobile sinks at a supermarket and hand sanitizer outside her Airbnb. Currently, nonessential travel is not recommended in many places, including the US, where the Centers for Disease Control warns against it.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Travel influencer Shakeemah Smith recently returned from Antigua, one of the two main islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda, which reopened to tourists in...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Rob Pimental spent a good amount of time thinking about everything the Miami Heat would need for what could be a three-month trip to Walt Disney World. He is the Heat equipment manager. Every jersey, sock, sneaker, whatever the team needs, it’s his responsibility to have it ready. So, when it came time to figure out what was getting packed for Disney, Pimental came to a realization. “Pretty much everything,” said Pimental, who confessed to having a few sleepless nights of worrying. “I’m the type of guy who wants everything on hand, so I literally packed up my entire equipment room and brought it with me.” He’s not alone. All 22 teams in the NBA restart had to pack more than ever, for a road trip like none other. Every team is assured of spending at least five weeks at Disney, and some could...
    By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Basketball Writer LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Rob Pimental spent a good amount of time thinking about everything the Miami Heat would need for what could be a three-month trip to Walt Disney World. He is the Heat equipment manager. Every jersey, sock, sneaker, whatever the team needs, it’s his responsibility to have it ready. So, when it came time to figure out what was getting packed for Disney, Pimental came to a realization. “Pretty much everything,” said Pimental, who confessed to having a few sleepless nights of worrying. “I’m the type of guy who wants everything on hand, so I literally packed up my entire equipment room and brought it with me.” He’s not alone. All 22 teams in the NBA restart had to pack more than ever, for a road trip like none other. Every team is assured of spending at least five...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Rob Pimental spent a good amount of time thinking about everything the Miami Heat would need for what could be a three-month trip to Walt Disney World. He is the Heat equipment manager. Every jersey, sock, sneaker, whatever the team needs, it’s his responsibility to have it ready. So, when it came time to figure out what was getting packed for Disney, Pimental came to a realization. “Pretty much everything,” said Pimental, who confessed to having a few sleepless nights of worrying. “I’m the type of guy who wants everything on hand, so I literally packed up my entire equipment room and brought it with me.” He’s not alone. All 22 teams in the NBA restart had to pack more than ever, for a road trip like none other. Every team is assured of spending at least five weeks at Disney, and some could...
    Kirk Swearingen July 12, 2020 10:00AM (UTC) So we found ourselves on the road during the pandemic. We knew it would almost certainly prove a bad move. My wife and I were more than a little concerned. We are both getting "on in years," as they say, and I have a medical condition that puts me at greater risk. In the back seat of the car, we had provisions for the road so we would not have to stop until we reached the hotel we had Pricelined in downtown Knoxville, Tennessee, along with a basket of cleaning supplies we hoped would keep us safe: a roll of shop towels (a pandemic discovery for which I plan to live longer—paper towels on steroids that you can rinse out and use again and again), a bottle of disinfecting bleach, various other sprays and wipes we had been using at home.  : We had determined to hit the...
    A DENTIST who caused outrage across the world when he gunned down Cecil the lion five years ago is hunting again. Walter Palmer, 60, paid up to £80,000 to slaughter a huge ram in Mongolia, it has been reported. 7Palmer was known as 'the most hated man on earth' after killing Cecil the lion in a national park in 2015Credit: Rex Features However, after the furious backlash caused by Cecil's death, the American's face is hidden in photos from the hunt. Palmer faced death threats - which finally forced him into hiding - after he paid a reported £35,000 bribe to gamekeepers to hunt the lion in a national park. Two men said to be guides on his African hunting trip were charged with poaching offences after the famous lion, a national treasure in Zimbabwe, was shot, skinned and beheaded. And now animal rights campaigners have slammed the trigger-happy dentist...
    Penguins from Chicago's Shedd Aquarium waddled over to visit the nearby Field Museum this week.  Izzy and Darwin, a bonded pair of Magellanic penguins, got to spread their wings and roam around the empty museum.  They checked out some of Field's most impressive exhibitions, including SUE — the largest T. Rex to have ever been discovered.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The penguins at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium have had many exciting escapades these last few months, meeting the likes of piranhas, sea otters, and some very starstruck Beluga whales. And their adorable adventures continued this week as the penguins waddled over to the nearby Field Museum, where they encountered even bigger creatures.  Prehistoric ones, to be exact.  Penguins Izzy and Darwin checking out Field Museum's main hall. Field Museum Izzy and Darwin, a bonded pair of Magellanic penguins, got to spread their wings and roam around...
    Finding a hidden gem while traveling can often be the highlight of a great trip. Karen Grigoryan/Shutterstock and Edwin Verin/Shutterstock There are plenty of popular tourist destinations you can visit throughout the United States. Finding a hidden gem while traveling, however, can often be the highlight of a great trip. For example, you could take a deep dive into Jacob's Well, a more than 100-foot-deep spring near Austin, Texas. You can also explore roadside attractions like Dinosaur Land in Virginia. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. There are plenty of popular tourist destinations you can visit in every single one of the United States, from skyscrapers in big cities to famous national monuments. But sometimes, visiting more under-the-radar sites can be the highlight of a great trip. From a toy rocking horse farm in Massachusetts to lesser-known nature parks, there are hidden gems all across the country...
    Not enough teachers to reopen: School districts expect booming demand for substitutes Latest: Florida ICUs near capacity as deaths spike Rockets PJ Tucker is bringing more than 60 pairs of shoes to the NBAs Orlando bubble As a sneakerhead, packing for a trip can be a daunting task. Even if it’s just a simple weekend trip. © Provided by For The Win There are always so many pairs of shoes to choose from and so little space to store them in. There are also so many moments on the trip to pack for — the car ride, the flight, the airport walk, the beach day, the night at the restaurant. All of that. Sneakerheads are focused on showing off the heat, so getting it right is important. Or else, that’s a few days of looking at yourself in a mirror and muttering “you can do better” to yourself over...
    Philadelphia 76ers star Joel Embiid has traveled to the NBA's Orlando 'bubble' in a hazmat suit,  after saying he 'doesn't trust' fellow players to quarantine amid the coronavirus pandemic.  The star center, 26, was pictured pulling up the hood of the protective suit as he boarded a jet out of Philadelphia with his teammates on Thursday.  Embiid also donned a pair of a latex gloves and a matching white face mask for the flight to Florida.  This weekend the 76ers will commence a short training camp in the Sunshine State ahead of the NBA season's resumption on July 30.  Philadelphia 76ers star Joel Embiid has traveled to the NBA's Orlando 'bubble' in a hazmat suit, after saying he 'doesn't trust' fellow players to quarantine amid the coronavirus pandemic Embiid also donned a pair of a latex gloves and a matching white face mask for the flight to Florida...
    KYLIE Jenner turned up the heat on Thursday. The youngest Kar-Jenner sizzled in a skimpy orange bikini, in a series of sexy images she posted to Instagram. 9 Kylie Jenner turned up the heat on ThursdayCredit: Instagram Kylie, who is mom to two-year-old Stormi Webster, accentuated her curves as she perfected her angles perched on a rock, in Utah. The brunette beauty appeared to be accompanied by pal Fai Khadra, who stood more than 6 feet away from her in one of the photos. She's taken a break at the $4k a night luxury Amangiri resort in Canyon Point, Utah. The beauty mogul, 22, is relaxing at the five-star hideaway, which boasts a spa, desert suites and panoramic views across 600 acres of canyons. 9 The youngest Kar-Jenner sizzled in a skimpy orange bikini, in a series of sexy images she posted to InstagramCredit: Instagram Kylie jetted to the hideaway over...
    Imagine what you would do if you had $77,000? That is the amount of money that American taxpayers paid for secret service protection for Donald Trump Jr. during his trophy hunting trip to kill a rare argali sheep in Mongolia. The recent revelation of this expense comes from the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington which dug into his controversial trip last year after ProPublica broke the story of the trip in December 2019. The argali sheep, a beautiful animal with long, curving horns, roams the highlands of Central Asia and is a symbol of the natural heritage of the region. Argali from Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, and Tajikistan are listed as threatened under the U.S. Endangered Species Act, and the import of a hunting trophy of an ESA-listed species can be authorized by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service only if the import enhances the conservation of the...
    BRONZEVILLE — A new art installation at 39th Street and Michigan Avenue features New Deal-era photos as it reflects on Bronzeville’s “commonly held memories.” “Stations,” completed by local artist Chris Givens, displays images taken by photographer Russell Lee on a single morning in 1941. Another Givens piece, titled “Sunday Morning,” uses Lee’s photos from the same session; it’s visible on the exterior of the Mariano’s at 39th Street and King Drive. Givens describes himself as “a wheatpaste artist; I’m just taking it to the extreme.” For “Stations,” rather than make a statement of his own, he used urban planning skills to complement and reflect the atmosphere of Bronzeville. “I also do original work, but as an urban planner, I’m less interested in self-expression as I am in things that reinforce an area’s identity,” Givens said. The included images were all taken within a few blocks...
    When Johnny Depp and Amber Heard strolled from their black Range Rover and into a Gulfstream jet waiting on the tarmac at Brisbane Airport they held hands like any other celebrity couple, but it now appears their marriage was actually slipping away. The disheveled Hollywood hell-raiser's bandaged right hand was the only sign back in 2015 that all was not well at home, as rumours swirled over how he hurt himself.  Was it a go-karting accident? Did he punch a wall? Was it a filming mishap?  The smile that beamed across the stunning actress's face on the tarmac five years ago was nowhere to be seen as she entered the High Court in London on Tuesday.  Depp, 57, is suing The Sun newspaper for labelling him a 'wife beater' in a 2018 article and sordid details about how his marriage to Heard capitulated on Australian shores was laid bare and as...
    Mexico City (CNN)If you're not a close follower of US-Mexico relations, you might be forgiven for assuming President Donald Trump and Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador wouldn't get along.The two share a famously contentious border. Demonizing people on the Mexican side of it has long been a key part of the Trump political playbook, while López Obrador -- known as AMLO in Mexico -- has accused Trump of inciting racism. But when the two men meet this week to celebrate the implementation of the United States-Mexico-Capnada Agreement (USMCA) trade deal, expect smiles all around.Mexicos president has his own plane. So why is he flying commercial to meet Trump?This is the first time Mexico's President has left the country since taking office in December of 2018. The fact that he's headed to the White House speaks volumes, both practically and symbolically. Both leaders are looking for victories beyond their losing...
    This article is reprinted by permission from NextAvenue.org. I made a bold declaration: In the year I turned 50, I’d leave my North Carolina home and visit 50 places around the world I’d never seen. Then the Universe said, “Hold my beer.” I never expected that a pandemic would crash my intended year of travel. But then again, I never expected to be on such a journey in the first place. Three years ago, my marriage of 23 years was over, I’d just left a successful career as a TV news producer to start a content creation business and my daughter, Sidney, was becoming a teenager. All the expectations I had for my life were shaken up like a snow globe and I was watching the pieces fall, uncertain where they’d land. Life felt out of control. Mile Marker 50 was my solution. I’ve lived long enough to see how...
    Jessica Mulroney, the Duchess of Sussex's best friend and former stylist, fears the unofficial cutting of ties between the pair, may have ruined her career for good. Mulroney appears to have been completely cut off by Meghan after she became embroiled in a race row last month and the royal rejection appears to be hitting her finances and career prospects. The former Canadian Prime Minister's daughter-in-law threatened the livelihood of black blogger Sasha Exeter after the pair had a private argument over racism last month. The controversy led to Mulroney, a mother-of-three, being fired from her presenting role with Canadian broadcaster CTV and her job with Good Morning America. She now fears she may never work again. Jessica Mulroney is said to be 'distraught and devastated' at having been 'ditched' by close friend Meghan Markle following a racism controversy. The pair are pictured in 2016 The Duchess of Sussex's...
    Florida team gets in tune for the campaign at its Miami headquarters | Mark Brown / . The Miami Marlins kick off a 2020 MLB season with the goal of showing remarkable progress on the project Derek Jeter undertook. There will be 60 games from which they will seek to get more victories than defeats or at least play for .500. They start the fish against Bryce Harper’s Philadelphia Phillies and with JT Realmuto as a rival catcher. They will play three games between July 24 and 26. Full #Marlins schedule. Sept. 27 home opener against the Baltimore Orioles. End with a 7-game road trip against the Braves and Yankees. pic.twitter.com/S3KphtsYfu – Jordan McPherson (@ J_McPherson1126) July 6, 2020 The home debut will be on the 27th of the same month against the Baltimore Orioles. This year the season will not have the traditional divisions, so in addition...
    Some fish really know how to put up a fight. A birthday fishing trip in Cape Coral, Fla., resulted in an angler not just reeling in a possible catch-of-a-lifetime, but also a really great story. Unfortunately, the struggle did leave the two men soaking wet. Fox News spoke with Ben Chancey, a captain with Chew On This Charters, who was hired to take a group on a surprise fishing trip. Mike, who was celebrating his 30th birthday, had been told he was going on a manatee sightseeing trip. The trip had been planned by Eric, a soldier who fought in Afganistan, and his girlfriend Jenny, a registered nurse. According to Chancey, Mike hooked a massive grouper fish that had been spotted in “ultra-clear” water. According to the captain, Mike appeared to be doing a good job with the fish, so Chancey let him try to reel it in on his...
    vintage car parked on the tropical beach (seaside) with a surfboard on the roof - Leisure trip in the summer. retro color effect If you’re considering a summer surf trip, whether, to some far-flung destination or a road trip down your local coastline, you’ll need a trusty surfboard travel bag to keep your surfboards safe and secure during your journey. A good surfboard travel bag will defend your boards from unnecessary damage at the hands of the airlines, bumpy roads, and careless drops. When shopping for a surfboard travel bag, look for the balance between price, protection, weight, and functionality. In this buyer’s guide, we’ve compiled a list of the world’s best surfboard travel bags from all the top brands in the surf industry.
    swissmediavision The seemingly endless nationwide pandemic lockdown has resulted in a lot of pent-up travel demand. As the second major long holiday weekend of summer gets underway, people looking to celebrate Independence Day are getting in their cars and campers for road trips — deemed by many a safer bet than air or cruise travel.  "After weeks of being home, many Americans want a change of scenery," said Giorgos Zacharia, chief technology officer of travel site Kayak.com. "But, with international travel restrictions still in place and safety top of mind, road trips are most enticing to U.S. travelers right now." Kayak found that car rental searches for the July 4 weekend were up 20% compared to last year. Brittney Castro, in-house certified financial planner for personal financial management site Mint.com, said most people have not spent much money on travel so far this year. More from Personal Finance:Most travelers not...
    Rich kids across the world have shown Instagram how they are celebrating the loosening of lockdown, splashing out on designer shopping trips, private jets and diamond-encrusted masks. From travelling thousands of miles in expensive supercars to lounging on a sun bed sat five star hotels, these spoiled youngsters from around the world have been eager to make up for lost time. Amongst the most extravagant images is an entrepreneur who took his social distancing to another level by putting his Rolls Royce in between himself and his date, even using it as a table to toast their red wine. Another shows an influencer cuddling up to her dog as she boards a private plane to travel miles from where she was originally isolating. Russian-born influencer and designer Dimavika posed before a trip in her Bentley wearing a custom made face mask emblazoned with diamonds  RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1...
    President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore are drawing sharp criticism from Native Americans who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to native people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trumps “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakotas Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native Americans activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as the many Confederate monuments being toppled around the nation. “Mount Rushmore...
    López Obrador has defended his visit to the US as necessary to strengthen the trade relationship. The Mexican president will make a official visit from work to Washington DC on July 8 and 9, where he will hold a meeting with President Donald Trump at the White House. AMLO has maintained since last week that its intention is to ratify the entry into force of the new Mexico-United States-Canada Free Trade Agreement, the T-MEC, which entered into force on July 1. And he hopes that the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trorof Au, also attend, but as of Wednesday there was no public confirmation from Ottawa. However, the opinions of diplomats and analysts in Mexico, and some leaders of the Mexican community in the US, have been negative due to the political connotation surrounding the meeting. . Until now, López Obrador and Trump have only had telephone communication....
    BOSTON (CBS) – From pushcarts to the food court to thorough cleanings, it’s finally back to business at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. “I had three sales already today, and I wasn’t sure I would make any at all,” said business owner Mary Jenal. This large group of small business owners has been feeling the pinch with the marketplace closed for more than three months. As Faneuil Hall reopens, small business owners are hopeful tourists will return. (WBZ-TV) “It’s a lot of weight off people’s shoulders,” said Linda DeMarco, president of the Faneuil Hall Merchants Association. But now, business owners face the burden of trying to make up for lost time and hoping the tourists will follow. At Sprinkles ice cream shop, owner Sara Youngelson also hopes locals will take a second look at the popular destination. “We try to rely on who’s going to come here, who’s going to take that...
    Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis, Missouri, is famous for its ribs. Michael U./Yelp Road trips are already ramping up to be one of the summer's biggest vacation trends. However, fast food and bagged sandwiches might start to get old. Yelp picked the best road trip food stop in every state, from mouthwatering barbecue to tasty Thai food, based on customer reviews. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Road-tripping across the country is ideal for taking in scenic views, enjoying quality family time, and making lifelong memories. However, between unrefrigerated sandwiches and fast food, it can seem near impossible to find quality, delicious food on the open road. Luckily, some road trip food spots have become famous for their tasty grub. Yelp determined the best road trip eateries in every state by identifying businesses in the restaurants and food categories with a large concentration of reviews...
    A kitten came face-to-face with a hippo at the San Antonio Zoo in June. Animal Defense League of Texas Two kittens and two dogs took a field trip to the San Antonio Zoo in June. The Animal Defense League of Texas brought its adoptable pets to the zoo to raise awareness for animal adoption.  The kittens and dogs interacted with hippopotamuses, giraffes, lions, and monkeys.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Tiny kittens were met by large leopards, and dogs interacted with monkeys, lions, and giraffes at the San Antonio Zoo in June. The goal was to raise awareness for animal adoptions.  The Animal Defense League of Texas, an animal shelter, took a few of its adoptees on a field trip to the zoo.The kittens and dogs came face-to-face with lions, leopards, monkeys, hippopotamuses, and giraffes Carla, an 8-month-old puppy, visited giraffes at the zoo. Animal Defense...
    MEXICO CITY (AP) – Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will visit his U.S. counterpart Donald Trump on July 8 and 9 on his first trip abroad since taking office, Mexico’s foreign minister confirmed Tuesday. The trip has caused controversy among many Mexicans because it comes months before the U.S. presidential election, and because of Trump’s derogatory comments about Mexican immigrants. Many in the nation recall former President Enrique Peña Nieto’s unfortunate meeting with Trump that some feel propped up the then-presidential candidate prior to the 2016 US election. Mexico’s foreign secretary, Marcelo Ebrard, tweeted that more details will be released on Wednesday about the visit of López Obrador, who is famous in Mexico for rejecting international travel so far. The trip was scheduled for July 1, when the Treaty between Mexico, the United States and Canada will enter into force. However, López Obrador will spend July 1...
    Breaking News — Bogotá, Jun 30 . .- The Colombian attorney general, Francisco Barbosa, and the comptroller, Felipe Córdoba, apparently used an official trip to cross the festive bridge on the Caribbean island of San Andrés despite the tourist restrictions in force by the pandemic, according to a complaint published Tuesday by Noticias Uno. Regarding the journalistic report, the entities explained that it was an institutional trip for the officials, who are developing an anti-corruption agenda in the country to follow up on irregularities in public procurement during the health emergency. According to the newscast’s publication, Barbosa and Córdoba traveled to the island on Friday with some officials and family members and stayed at a luxurious hotel owned by a businessman close to the government and known in the country for financing political campaigns. “Although according to versions of people close to the two entities, the press conference with...
    Are you below or above the poverty line in your state? Mount Rainier: Body of missing man found Incredible $49 Smart Watch Is Taking The US By Storm Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/9 SLIDES © Courtesy Kourtney Kardashian/Instagram Vacation views! The Kardashian-Jenner family members have been living it up at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s ranch in Wyoming. Kourtney Kardashian shared Instagram slideshows from their trip to “God’s country,” writing, “Two weeks in the Wild Wild West.” In the social media uploads, the Poosh creator, 41, documented her kids Mason, 10, Penelope, 7, and Reign, 5, hiking and riding horses with their cousins. Kourtney also shared solo shots of her youngest son wearing cowboy boots and riding an ATV. Kim, 39, and West, 43, have had property in...
    A group of ligers — half lions and half tigers — rest inside an enclosure at the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park. Will Mayo On a recent road trip to Denver, Colorado, Will Mayo made a stop at the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park in Oklahoma, made famous by Netflix's docuseries "Tiger King." Though Mayo does not consider himself a professional photographer or animal activist, he documented his experience to show a new perspective of the park and capture "a moment in time." Mayo told Insider that during his visit, he thought the park had "derelict"-looking enclosures, a dried-up pond, and animals that appeared to be sad and tired-looking. Mayo says zookeepers on the property seemed to genuinely care about their animals, and are simply "doing the best that they can with what they're equipped with." Lauren Lowe, who is married to the park's current owner Jeff Lowe,...
    The Kardashian family does everything together, even vacation. Amid the coronavirus quarantine, Kourtney Kardashian and her three kids -- Mason, 10, Penelope, 7, and Reign, 5 -- paid a visit to Wyoming, where her brother-in-law, Kanye West, owns a ranch. The oldest of the Kardashian kids, Kourtney shared several photos to Instagram on Monday, featuring herself and her kiddos having fun outdoors with her sisters Kylie and Kim and their families. KIM KARDASHIAN DYES HAIR RED, WHILE SISTER KHLOE GOES BACK TO BRUNETTE: 'DO YOU LOVE IT?' For the photos, Kourtney donned a sleeveless white top and blue vest with silver trousers and a white beaded headwrap. The photos featured the reality star and her extended family horseback riding, playing outside and taking in a beautiful sunset by a lake. "God's country," read the caption. Just a day before, Kourtney shared a photo of herself and a handful of the...
    Justin Bieber and Hailey Bieber took a trip this weekend to Utah and well, as expected, the duo are serving us some major couple goals with their adorable pictures. The Biebers sure know how to have a good time and recently they were spotted enjoying themselves in the gorgeous weather at Utah. Hailey recently returned from her trip to Italy with bestie Bella Hadid. Pictures of the two models chilling on a yacht were all over social media. Looks like after returning from her trip, Hailey wanted to spend time with Justin and hence the duo set out on a road trip. Hailey Bieber Recalls the Cute Story of Her First Kiss With Justin Bieber and It’s Sure to Melt Your Hearts! Sharing adorable pictures that are sure to melt your hearts, Hailey captioned the pictures as “went on a road trip pt. 1 and 2” as she shared two...
    MEGAN Fox and Machine Gun Kelly packed on the PDA at LAX before their first trip as a couple. The two have recently been spotted more and more after they couldn't hide their relationship anymore. 16 Megan Fox arrived at their airport on Friday and met up with her new boyfriendCredit: Clint Brewer/Jack/Backgrid 16 MGK also arrived at their airport but in a separate carCredit: Clint Brewer/Jack/Backgrid 16 The two reunited for what is potentially their first trip as a coupleCredit: Clint Brewer/Jack/Backgrid Megan, 34, and Machine Gun Kelly, 30, were spotted at their California airport on Friday, June 26, looking all snuggly and ready to get away for a weekend trip where they could be alone. The IT couple of the moment arrived at the airport in separate cars and ignoring all calls to wear face masks as they were some of the few people at their airport not...
    Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe BidenJoe BidenBiden slams Trump for not sanctioning Russia over Afghan militant 'bounties' intelligence Why Biden's big lead should worry Democrats White House goes through dizzying change in staff MORE's campaign on Sunday denounced Vice President Pence for his scheduled trip to Dallas, saying it "epitomizes the dismissive attitude" the Trump administration has taken toward addressing the coronavirus outbreak.  Pence, the head of the White House coronavirus task force, is set to visit Texas Sunday to receive an on-the-ground report from officials about the surge in coronavirus cases throughout the state. He is also scheduled to speak at an event at the First Baptist Dallas, a church led by Pastor Robert Jeffries, during the visit. "Our leaders should be tackling this pandemic head on and laying out concrete recovery plans for the American people -- not jet setting across the country to hold events that go against basic public...
    Going on vacation has never been more confusing. People typically plan for future vacations, oftentimes making reservations months in advance. While it’s nice to have something to look forward to, it can also lead to complications -- a lot can change in a few months and surprises can pop up anytime, especially in today’s world. Due to the current situation, trying to cancel or postpone a trip might be more confusing than ever. (iStock) Even though many areas of the country are beginning to reopen, many tourist attractions aren’t operating at full capacity or are enforcing strict attendance limits. Some states also continue to have mandatory quarantines for out-of-state visitors, further complicating vacation plans. However, trying to cancel or postpone a trip might be more confusing as many factors can impact the cost of canceling or postponing a trip -- not just the current coronavirus situation. CARNIVAL CORP SAYS IT WILL...
    JUSTIN Bieber and wife Hailey showed a united front as they enjoyed a loved-up road trip amidst rape allegations against the singer. The pair had eyes only for each other in the scenic shots shared by Hailey. 11 The loved-up couple enjoyed a recent road tripCredit: Instagram The model posted a variety of snaps to her Instagram page showing the happy couple on a much-needed break from lockdown life. Explaining the pictures, she captioned them with words: "went on a road trip". The majority featured the 23-year-old with her singer husband both kissing and hugging, while others showed off Hailey's toned physique in brightly coloured swimwear. One saw the couple, who tied the knot in 2018, kissing in front of a sign which read: "Welcome to Utah". 11 The break follows recent rape allegations against JustinCredit: Instagram 11 Model Hailey showed off her toned body in the picturesCredit: Instagram 11...
    The black birdwatcher falsely accused of threatening a white dog walker is taking us all birding on Tuesday. Christian Cooper, who clashed with Amy Cooper over Memorial Day weekend because her pooch was running loose in Central Park, is hosting a virtual science field trip for the PBS series NOVA. The field trip, live streamed at 2 p.m. Tuesday on NOVA’s on NOVA’s YouTube and Facebook channels, will include a discussion and Q&A session with Cooper, who is a board member of the New York City Audubon. Cooper will give tips for bird-watching and talk about his efforts of “making birding more inclusive for people of color and the LGBTQ+ community,” NOVA said in a news release. Cooper’s exchange with Amy Cooper morphed into an example of racism when he videotaped her calling the NYPD to report that he threatened her. Cooper had asked her to leash her dog. Since...
    President Trump on Friday said that he abruptly canceled a planned weekend at his New Jersey golf club because he wanted to remain in the capital to ensure that “LAW & ORDER” was enforced. “I was going to go to Bedminster, New Jersey, this weekend, but wanted to stay in Washington, D.C. to make sure LAW & ORDER is enforced. The arsonists, anarchists, looters, and agitators have been largely stopped,” the commander in chief tweeted. “I am doing what is necessary to keep our communities safe — and these people will be brought to Justice!” The White House had announced earlier Friday that Trump had canceled the trip. “UPDATE: The President will no longer be traveling to Bedminster, NJ,” the White House said in a statement, without elaboration. The president had planned the weekend getaway for himself and first lady Melania Trump, who last visited the club for a...
    The White House announced a last-minute change to President Trump's travel plans, canceling his weekend trip to his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. In a statement early Friday afternoon, the White House issued a one-line statement: "UPDATE: The President will no longer be traveling to Bedminster, NJ." Asked by a pool reporter whether the cancellation was related to New Jersey's COVID-related travel restrictions for those who have been in hotspots recently, White House spokesman Judd Deere said, "It had nothing to do with that." On Wednesday the White House said that the president would not follow New Jersey's quarantine policy during his trip because he is "not a civilian" and those who come near him are tested to make sure they don't have COVID-19. Travelers to New Jersey, New York and Connecticut from COVID hot spots are being instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days. For now, those states are Alabama,...
    Bella Hadid and Hailey Baldwin are reportedly not taking the coronavirus pandemic lightly while they’re overseas. As The Inquisitr previously shared, the supermodels were photographed wearing bikinis on a yacht in Italy earlier this week. The longtime friends were both enjoying the sunshine as they showed off their stunning physiques. In one photo, Hadid wore a mask as the women were walking around the boat. While Baldwin and Hadid appeared to be enjoying themselves on the yacht, Hollywood Life reports neither of the models is using this time as a vacation. Due to the pandemic, they haven’t been able to work since the pandemic became more apparent in the United States and were eager to slowly return back into their normal routine. “Bella and Hailey are in Italy for work, something they have genuinely missed these past few months,” an insider said. “They both are also taking all the necessary...
    President Donald Trump has cancelled his planned golf weekend at his New Jersey club as coronavirus cases spike in the United States and several states walk back the reopening process as infections grow.  The president won't go to his Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, the White House announced. He was scheduled to leave the White House for his New Jersey retreat on Friday afternoon. The White House gave no reason for the cancellation but deputy press secretary Judd Deere said it had nothing to do with New Jersey imposing a 14-day quarantine on those who spent time in some hot spot states, including Arizona, the state President Trump was in on Tuesday. The cancellation comes as infections rose across the United States by at least 39,818 on Thursday, marking the worst day since the virus first hit the U.S. Red states in the South - like Texas, Florida and Arizona - have been...
    The coronavirus crisis hit home Friday for President Donald Trump, who took the unusual step of canceling a planned golf trip to New Jersey.[ READ: U.S. Sees Record High Daily Coronavirus Case Count ]Trump was set to spend the weekend at his Bedminster property. Without explanation, the president canceled the trip to the Garden State, which recently issued rules requiring people from states with large numbers of coronavirus cases to quarantine for two weeks. Trump recently visited battleground state Arizona, which has seen a recent spike in corona cases.Photos: Coronavirus Affects U.S. BusinessesView All 26 ImagesThe president went to the border wall and spoke to an auditorium of people while in Arizona and has consistently refused to wear a mask, regardless of the protocols of venues he has visited. The White House said earlier this week that Trump is not required to abide by state quarantine rules such as the ones approved...
    The White House announced Friday that President Trump had cancelled a planned weekend trip to his golf club in New Jersey. “UPDATE: The President will no longer be traveling to Bedminster, NJ,” the White House said in a statement, without elaboration. The president had planned the weekend getaway for himself and first lady Melania Trump, who last visited the club for a fundraiser earlier this month. The administration said earlier this week that Trump still planned to make the trip despite a new order by Gov. Phil Murphy mandating that visitors who have been in states with high numbers of coronavirus cases quarantine for 14 days. Trump spokesman Judd Deere said the president was exempt from the rule because he was “not a civilian.” Murphy also said the rule would not apply to the president because it exempts essential workers. And Deere said the trip’s cancellation “had nothing to...
    Meaghan Ellis June 26, 2020 0 Comments The White House is announcing changes to President Donald Trump’s weekend schedule confirming his trip to New Jersey has been canceled. Trump was expected to depart Washington, D.C., for his Bedminster, N,J., property on Friday and return to the White House on Sunday. However, White House officials have noted plans to scrap the trip. According to The Hill, Trump’s visits to Bedminster are relatively private but he typically plays golf while there. The White House has offered no specific reason for the cancellation. When asked if the cancellation was due to Trump’s recent visit to Arizona, White House spokesman Judd Deere said, “It has nothing to do with that,” according to the White House pool report. The abrupt change in plans comes just one day after the White House confirmed the president would not be adhering to the state’s travel advisory amid the...
    The White House announced Friday that President Trump has cancelled a planned weekend trip to his golf club in New Jersey. “UPDATE: The President will no longer be traveling to Bedminster, NJ,” the White House said in a statement, without elaboration. The president had planned the weekend getaway for himself and first lady Melania Trump. Filed under donald trump ,  golf ,  trump national bedminster ,  6/26/20 Share this article: Share this: Facebook Twitter Flipboard WhatsApp Email Copy Read Next Minneapolis city council OKs measure to abolish police for... Read Next Minneapolis city council OKs measure to abolish police for... Share Selection Trending Now on NYPost.com This story has been shared 193,026 times. 193,026 Lamborghini goes from cherry to mangled metal in 20 minutes This story has been shared 93,757 times. 93,757 ...
    NASA plans to allow tourists to visit the International Space Station from 2020 – at an estimated cost of more than $50million (£39million) per trip. Until now, the floating space lab has only been accessible to astronauts representing state-level space agencies. 7 Astronauts have been living on the ISS since 2000 – but it'll soon accept private tourists tooCredit: Mediadrumimages/GiuseppeDeChiara/MichaelGorn/NASA In a surprise announcement today, Nasa confirmed that it would be "opening the International Space Station for commercial business". It means that private companies will be able to take "private astronauts" to the ISS for up to 30 days. "The agency can accommodate up to two short-duration private astronaut missions per year to the International Space Station," Nasa explained. "These missions will be privately funded, dedicated commercial spaceflights." Private visitors were banned from the space station - which has cost US taxpayers £785million since it was launched in the 1990s...
    By STEPHEN GROVES SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore have angered Native Americans, who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to Indigenous people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trump’s “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakota’s Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native American activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as the many Confederate monuments being toppled...
    The novel coronavirus sickened at least 60 University of Texas students who took a spring break trip to Mexico in March, ignoring officials’ advice to stay home and social distance, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). After three students tested positive for the novel coronavirus following the trip, which took place from March 14 to 19, the COVID-19 Center at the University of Texas Health Austin (UTHA) launched an investigation. Through contact tracing initiatives, the center linked the students' infections to the spring break trip in Cabo San Lucas, the CDC wrote in the report published in the journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on Wednesday. CORONAVIRUS INFECTS DOZENS OF UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SPRING BREAKERS WHO CHARTERED PLANE TO MEXICO Of the 231 people tested for the novel virus, 64 of them — or 28 percent — tested positive, “including 60 (33 percent)...
    President Donald Trump will disregard a quarantine order when he is expected to visit his New Jersey golf club this weekend, the White House said.  The order, made in conjunction with New York and Connecticut, comes as the states have managed to control their coronavirus cases – even as other states see a spike.  But Trump will not honor a requirement that visitors coming from states with high infection rates quarantine themselves for 14 days. 'The president of the United States is not a civilian,' said White House spokesman Judd Deere. President Donald Trump will not quarantine on an expected trip to New Jersey, despite an order that applies to visitors to states like Arizona with high infection rates. Trump visited Phoenix on Tuesday Trump visited Arizona on Tuesday. The state is experiencing a concerning coronavirus spike, with nearly 60,000 cases and approaching 1,500 deaths.  While there, Trump toured...
    By STEPHEN GROVES SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore are drawing sharp criticism from Native Americans who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to native people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trump’s “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakota’s Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native American activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as the many Confederate...
    TOWSON, MD. (WJZ) — This summer, AAA predicts Americans will take 700 million trips- down nearly 15 percent compared to last July through September. “Americans will get out and explore this summer though they’re taking a ‘wait and see approach’ when it comes to booking and are likely to book more long weekend getaways than extended vacations,” said Paula Twidale, AAA’s Senior Vice President of Travel. “When they do venture out, travelers will take to the road with 683 million car trips to satisfy their wanderlust.” Road trips are set to account for 97 percent of summer trips, while cruise/rail travel is predicted to be down 86 percent and airline travel will be down 74 percent, AAA says. Car trips are expected to drop three percent. Travelers also might be taking more precautions, waiting until the last minute to book trips 48 hours to seven days ahead of the trip,...
    By STEPHEN GROVES | The Associated Press SIOUX FALLS, S.D.  — President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore are drawing sharp criticism from Native Americans who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to native people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trump’s “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakota’s Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native American activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as...
    SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore are drawing sharp criticism from Native Americans who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to native people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trump’s “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakota’s Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native Americans activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as the many Confederate monuments being toppled...
    PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Kosovo’s prime minister on Thursday cancelled his trip to Washington where Kosovo and Serbian leaders had planned to meet for talks at the White House. Prime Minister Avdullah Hoti said he cancelled the trip after the country’s president, Hashim Thaci, and nine other former separatist fighters were indicted on a range of crimes against humanity and war crimes charges. Hoti told U.S envoy Richard Grenell of his canceled trip, a decision that is likely to torpedo the talks. Thaci cancelled his trip to Washington after learning of his indictment Wednesday. The Washington meeting on Saturday was to be the first talks between the two countries in 19 months. Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, a move Serbia has not recognized. The prosecutor for the Kosovo Specialist Chambers said Thaci and the nine others “are criminally responsible for nearly 100 murders” involving hundreds of Serb and...
    PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Kosovo’s prime minister on Thursday cancelled his trip to Washington where Kosovo and Serbian leaders had planned to meet for talks at the White House. Prime Minister Avdullah Hoti said he cancelled the trip after the country’s president, Hashim Thaci, and nine other former separatist fighters were indicted on a range of crimes against humanity and war crimes charges. Hoti told U.S envoy Richard Grenell of his canceled trip, a decision that is likely to torpedo the talks. Thaci cancelled his trip to Washington after learning of his indictment Wednesday. The Washington meeting on Saturday was to be the first talks between the two countries in 19 months. Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, a move Serbia has not recognized. The prosecutor for the Kosovo Specialist Chambers said Thaci and the nine others “are criminally responsible for nearly 100 murders” involving hundreds of Serb and...
    By STEPHEN GROVES, Associated Press SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore are drawing sharp criticism from Native Americans who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to native people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trump's “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakota's Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native Americans activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as the...
    SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s plans to kick off Independence Day with a showy display at Mount Rushmore are drawing sharp criticism from Native Americans who view the monument as a desecration of land violently stolen from them and used to pay homage to leaders hostile to native people. Several groups led by Native American activists are planning protests for Trump’s July 3 visit, part of Trump’s “comeback” campaign for a nation reeling from sickness, unemployment and, recently, social unrest. The event is slated to include fighter jets thundering over the 79-year-old stone monument in South Dakota’s Black Hills and the first fireworks display at the site since 2009. But it comes amid a national reckoning over racism and a reconsideration of the symbolism of monuments around the globe. Many Native Americans activists say the Rushmore memorial is as reprehensible as the many Confederate monuments being toppled...
    If the summer of 2020 is memorable to vacationers, it will likely be as the year of not straying too far from home. But that doesn't mean you need to limit your horizons: The great road trip is enjoying a resurgence.  This year, 46 million Americans say they plan to hit the open road in a recreational vehicle (RV), up from 25 million in 2019, as coronavirus lockdowns force travel lovers to look closer to home for their holiday getaway. "It is predicted that car travel will be the preferred transportation mode," Dr. Lynn Minnaert, clinical associate professor at New York University's Tisch Center of Hospitality, told CNBC of forthcoming travel trends. And the open road is already beckoning.Getty ImagesFrom early April to May, bookings on rental website RVshare surged 1,000%, while reservations on Outdoorsy jumped 1,500% from their low in March. Shares of America's two largest publicly-traded RV companies Winnebago and Thor have jumped...
    NEW JERSEY (CBS/CNN) — Hours after Gov. Phil Murphy joined New York and Connecticut in issuing a travel advisory to combat the spread of coronavirus, the White House says President Donald Trump will not abide by the advisory this weekend. The advisory requires people arriving from states with high coronavirus rates to quarantine for 14 days. Trump recently traveled to Arizona, one of the states designated by New Jersey as a hotspot requiring quarantine. Trump will visit his Bedminster golf club this weekend. “The President of the United States is not a civilian. Anyone who is in close proximity to him, including staff, guests, and press are tested for COVID-19 and confirmed to be negative,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement. New Jersey, New York And Connecticut To Require Visitors From States With High COVID-19 Infection Rates To Quarantine For 14 Days The governors of New Jersey,...
    A group of University of Texas college students travelled en masse to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for spring break - and 64 of them returned infected with coronavirus, a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report reveals.  The Texas group, dubbed Cabo 211, was by no means the only set of spring breakers to ignore health warnings and contract coronavirus, but they were the largest.  From a public health standpoint, the group is evidence of just how easily people with no symptoms of coronavirus - like one fifth of the Cabo 211 group - can spread the infection.   Coronavirus continued to spread among the college students even after their return to Austin, where many lived together, or at least shared facilities and social activities.  The report 'highlights the importance of universities and schools considering how to align students’ living arrangements with CDC recommendations for living in shared housing...
    MycoMeditations is a psychedelic-retreat company in Treasure Beach, Jamaica, that facilitates 10-day trips where attendees take psychedelic, or "magic," mushrooms. Recent research has suggested that magic mushrooms, which contain the psychedelic compound psilocybin, could help treat depression and anxiety. Some retreat attendees and colleagues of MycoMeditations' founder, Eric Osborne, said he used marijuana and magic mushrooms while leading retreats. They said they felt that he should have hired experts, like licensed therapists, sooner than he did. Now the retreat has licensed therapists on staff. Psychedelic retreats are a relatively new way for people to experiment with mushrooms, and the criticisms MycoMeditations has faced are indicative of the larger issues in the psychedelics industry. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. On a secluded beach in the small fishing village of Treasure Beach, Jamaica, 15 people file into an open-air pavilion and settle down on mats, chairs, and the...
    The Victoria's Secret model got soaking wet as she poured a can of sparkling water over herself. Winnie Harlow revealed her unique way of cooling off when she took a trip to the beach this week. The stunning Victoria’s Secret model and former America’s Next Top Model contestant shared a new set of photos with her Instagram followers on Tuesday, June 23, which showed her as she rocked a two-piece and poured a can of what appeared to be sparkling water over her chest. The first snap in the upload of three photos showed her while she struck a sultry pose on the sand. The supermodel — who previously flaunted her fit and toned body in a tiger-print bikini as she gave fans a look at her dance moves — had her long, dark hair in dreadlocks and sat her booty down on a yellow beach mat. She turned her...
    Victoria Villarroel showed off her curvaceous backside in a sexy print bikini as she stood on the deck of a yacht, which floated in cerulean water. The model noted that she wished she was in such a location now, and it appeared as if she had spent a lot of time at home recently amid the coronavirus pandemic. In the image, Victoria stood on the narrow deck of a shiny white vessel that floated atop gorgeous blue water just off the shores of a sandy beach paradise. The scene reflected in the boat’s window and white paint. She posed with her hands on the railing turned slightly away from the camera as she looked back at the lens over her shoulder. The model wore a tiny thong-style black and white bikini bottom that showed off plenty of her assets and rose over her hips with black strings. The garment showed...
    WASHINGTON -- President Donald Trump visited the U.S.-Mexico border Tuesday and tried to credit his new wall with stopping both illegal immigration and the coronavirus. But his visit played out as top public health officials in Washington were testifying about the ongoing threat posed by COVID-19, singling out Arizona as one of the states now experiencing a surge in cases.In the blazing summer heat, Trump briefly stopped to inspect a new section of the concrete and rebar structure where the president and other officials took a moment to scrawl their signatures on the wall."It stopped COVID, it stopped everything," Trump said.Trump was looking to regain campaign momentum after his weekend rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which was supposed to be a sign of the nation's reopening and a show of political force but instead generated thousands of empty seats and swirling questions about the president's campaign leadership and his case for...
    Bradley Cortright June 23, 2020 0 Comments President Donald Trump is celebrating the construction of 200 miles of border wall along the Mexican border.  During a trip to Arizona on Tuesday, Trump signed his name on a plaque on the wall.  “It’s really foolproof,” Trump said after signing the plaque. “Heavy concrete inside the steel, and inside the concrete, we have rebar.” Trump was joined by Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R), Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.), Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.), and Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf who also signed the plaque.  Watch the moment below: MOMENTS AGO: President Trump signs the border wall. pic.twitter.com/bQhk4wgbmq— The Hill (@thehill) June 23, 2020 Trump travelled to Arizona on Tuesday to commemorate the construction of more than 200 miles of the border wall. During a roundtable event in Arizona, Trump claimed that Democrats do not talk about the border wall anymore because “we won the battle.”...
    VICE President Mike Pence stumbled running up stairs while boarding Air Force Two but appeared to recover, giving a thumbs up to onlookers. On his way to Wisconsin for a roundtable discussion on school choice with Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Pence tripped towards the top of the stairs leading up to Air Force two. 3 Vice President Mike Pence stumbled running up stairs while boarding Air Force TwoCredit: Fox While he did fall, Pence quickly caught himself, waved and then gave everyone a thumbs up. 3 Pence quickly caught himself, waved and then gave everyone a thumbs upCredit: Fox Prior to Tuesday's education focused trip, Pence tweeted, "No family in America should be denied the ability to choose their child's school because of their zip code or income." 3 He is on his way to Wisconsin for a roundtable discussion on school choice with Education Secretary Betsy DeVosCredit: Fox Fox...
    Fourteen high school students in an Ohio county have tested positive for coronavirus days after a trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  Belmont County health officials said the infected teens were with a group of about 90 students from Ohio and neighboring West Virginia who visited the Grand Strand earlier this month. The students said they started to develop symptoms about five days after they returned home on June 14, according to Robert Sproul, deputy health commissioner with the Belmont County Health Department.  Sproul said all 45 students on the Ohio side are being tested for COVID-19 and so far 14 results have come back positive while several are still pending.  Fourteen high school students in Belmont County, Ohio, have tested positive for coronavirus days after returning from a trip to Myrtle Beach (pictured) on June 14, officials said Monday News of the Belmont County outbreak came as Ohio...
    Britney Spears and her boyfriend, Sam Asghari, had a beach date on Monday and practiced safety first by wearing masks. The “Stronger” singer posted a series of photos from their seaside adventure. Spears, 38, showed off her toned figure in an animal print bikini and Asghari’s body was on display when they walked towards the water. BRITNEY SPEARS SHOWS OFF NEW BANGS IN BIKINI POST – AND FANS ARE LOVING IT: ‘GORG’ The couple both wore masks for the outdoor adventure as a precaution during the coronavirus pandemic. In addition to enjoying the sun and the sand, Spears and Asghari, 26, did some coloring at the beach. “All you need is love and the beach …. @samasghari
    Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump is taking his first 2020 trip to the US-Mexico border Tuesday amid ongoing concerns about an uptick in coronavirus cases and on the heels of his foray back on the campaign trail in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Trump's border wall is again expected to be a cornerstone of his campaign, and as the election year ramps up, his key campaign promise is taking on renewed urgency. The administration has billed Tuesday's trip as a celebration of the completion of 200 miles of new wall system.But the 200 miles are only a portion of the administration's goal to build 450 miles by the end of this year. Of those, roughly three miles have been constructed in areas where no barriers previously existed while the majority of miles replaced old, outdated designs with an enhanced system, according to US Customs and Border Protection, which oversees border wall construction.Trump has repeatedly...
    The Orlando Pride have withdrawn from the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup — the National Women's Soccer League's return to the pitch. The team pulled out of contention after six of the franchise's players and four of its staff members tested positive for COVID-19. The Athletic's Meg Linehan reports that the intra-team outbreak can likely be attributed to a trip to a local bar some players took together while training at their facilities in Florida. The tournament — which will be hosted in isolation in Utah — is still scheduled to be the first professional contact sports league to return in the US and is slated to begin Saturday at 12:30 p.m. ET. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) was scheduled to be the first professional contact sports league to return to action in the US. But as has been the case for...
    The Associated Press VATICAN CITY (AP) — Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI returned to the Vatican on Monday after a four-day visit to his ailing elder brother in their native Germany in what was his first trip out of Italy since he resigned as pope. Benedict, a Bavarian native, flew from Munich to Rome aboard an Italian air force plane. He was seen off by Bavaria's governor, Markus Soeder, who said it was a moment “of happiness and melancholy,” news agency dpa reported. Benedict returned to his home in the Vatican gardens in the early afternoon, said Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni. It was his first trip outside Italy in over seven years. The 93-year-old retired pontiff arrived in Germany on Thursday to be with his 96-year-old brother, the Rev. Georg Ratzinger. The two brothers have long been close and were ordained priests on the same day, June 29, 1951. On Saturday,...
    Sarah Jessica Parker put her fabulous figure on display during a recent trip to the beach. The 55-year-old proved that age isn’t anything but a number as shes stepped out to the beach with her husband, Matthew Broderick, by her side. Photos that were published by The Daily Mail captured the Sex and the City star hitting the beach on Father’s Day. She appeared to have a blast and spent plenty of time walking in the sand and immersing herself in the book titled “The Margot Affair” by Sanaë Lemoine. It looked to be the perfect day for a beachside outing, and the sun spilled on the actress’ figure in many of the photos. She showcased her bombshell body in a sexy black swimsuit. The piece was super simple yet super sexy and had thin straps that secured around her trim shoulders. Parker’s muscular arms were on display as well,...
    VIRGIN Galactic has signed a "space act" with Nasa to take "thousands" of tourists into Earth's orbit. The historic agreement will see private citizens given astronaut training, launched into space – and potentially even taken aboard the International Space Station. 6The vehicle (right) is the followup to Virgin Galactic's first plane, VSS Unity. They could take tourists into space as early as this yearCredit: Virgin Galactic Richard Branson's space-faring rocket firm promises to help create a "robust economy" in space. And it will team up with Nasa to safely ferry wealthy Earthlings to and from the ISS. "We are excited to partner with Nasa on this private orbital spaceflight program," said George Whitesides, Virgin Galactic's chief. "We want to bring the planetary perspective to many thousands of people." 6Virgin Galactic's space plane VSS Unity pictured in flightCredit: PA:Press Association Virgin Galactic says part of the agreement includes developing a "private...
    THE Queen has visited hundreds of countries in her long reign and attended countless engagements up and down the country.  She’s the most well-travelled monarch in UK history, after touching down in 116 countries during 265 official visits, but there are some places she likes better than others.  4The Queen is the most well-travelled monarch in UK historyCredit: Getty - Pool A royal author has claimed the 94-year-old isn’t a big fan of Manchester, the north’s biggest city.  Karen Dolby shared the monarch’s true opinion of the metropolis in her book, The Wicked Wit of the Royal Family. She revealed the Queen was less than impressed to stop by the city, which she’s visited multiple times.  Karen wrote: “The Queen is usually the model of diplomacy but there have been a few lapses over the years.  4The Queen said Manchester 'wasn't a nice place', a royal author has claimedCredit: PA:Press...
    EFE photo The United States Ambassador to Mexico explained what is considered an “essential trip” to cross the border between the two countries Christopher Landau, United States ambassador to Mexico, explained what is considered “essential journey“And that until now is the only condition for cross the border between both countries. In his weekly message on social networks, Landau said that the following reasons are considered essential travel: US citizens traveling to return to their country. Work trip to the United States. Legal trade. For medical treatment or medical emergency. Study trip. The American ambassador to our country also pointed out that it is not an essential trip: Travel to visit family and friends. Shopping in the United States. Tourism. Mexico and the United States agreed to extend, for an additional 30 days, restrictions to the non-essential ground transit in its border common, so this measure will be in force...
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Singer and actor Harry Connick Jr. has spent a lot of his life on tour buses and traveling from city to city, but even when the pandemic shut down the country, he couldn’t sit still. With the help of his daughter, Georgia Connick, who is a filmmaker, and a bunch of GoPro cameras, he embarked on a pandemic road trip to meet essential workers around the country who were risking their lives during the pandemic. “United We Sing: A Grammy Tribute to the Unsung Heroes,” a TV special that airs on CBS on Sunday at 8pm ET/PT, highlights the everyday heroes along his journey to New Orleans, with help from Connick’s celebrity pals including Brad Pitt, Oprah Winfrey, Sandra Bullock and Renee Zellweger. The show also features musical performances from Jamie Foxx, Cyndi Lauper, Branford and Wynton Marsalis, Dave Matthews, Tim McGraw, Irma Thomas and more....
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will make a brief trip to Hawaii this week for closed-door talks with a senior Chinese official, as relations between the two nations have plummeted amid numerous disputes. The State Department said Pompeo and his deputy Stephen Biegun would travel to Hawaii on Tuesday and Wednesday but offered no additional detail about his plans. People familiar with the trip said Pompeo and Biegun will meet Wednesday with a Chinese delegation led by Yang Jiechi, the Chinese Communist Party’s top foreign affairs official. The private discussions are set to take place at Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu and will cover the wide range of issues that have set the world’s two largest economies on a collision path, according to the people familiar with the trip who were not authorized to discuss it publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity. Washington and Beijing...
    A multiracial family from Spokane was on a camping trip in Washington state last week when they were accused of being Antifa provocateurs by a large group of people and subsequently stalked and harassed, according to police. The family — which consisted of a husband and wife, their 16-year-old daughter, and the husband's mother — were first confronted by "seven or eight car-loads of people" in the parking lot when they stopped to gather supplies at a store in Forks, Washington, a Clallam County Sheriff's Office news release about the incident stated. "The people in the parking lot repeatedly asked them if they were 'ANTIFA' protesters," the release said. "The family told the people they weren't associated with any such group and were just camping. The family had to drive their bus around vehicles in the parking lot in order to get back onto Highway 101." Police noted that...
    PRAGUE (AP) — The speaker of the Czech Republic’s Senate announced Tuesday he will visit Taiwan despite warnings from China and a recommendation from his own government that he not take the trip. Milos Vystrcil said he would be accompanied by a business delegation on his visit, which is tentatively scheduled to begin Aug. 30. Vystrcil said he was also planning to meet Taiwan’s leaders, but didn’t immediately give details. Vystrcil’s predecessor in the post, Jaroslav Kubera, was planning to travel to Taiwan before he died in January. His plans angered pro-China Czech President Milos Zeman. A letter to Kubera from the Chinese Embassy in Prague warned him against going on the trip, saying the visit would have negatives consequences for future economic relations between China and the Czech Republic. The Czech Republic has established informal relations with Taiwan but recognizes the one-China principle — the notion that Taiwan...
    CBS News White House correspondent Paula Reid criticized for President Trump over his trip to Maine amid racial tensions over the death of George Floyd. Following his Rose Garden address touting the positive jobs report, Trump headed to Guilford, Maine, to tour the Puritan Medical Products factory where swabs are manufactured for coronavirus tests. Reid critiqued the "optics" of going to Maine during the nationwide uproar that has revived the Black Lives Matter movement. MAINSTREAM MEDIA FALSELY FRAMES TRUMP'S 'GREAT DAY' GEORGE FLOYD REMARKS ON JOBS REPORT INSTEAD OF EQUALITY UNDER LAW "President leaves 'press conference' without taking q's & heads to Maine - one of the whitest states in America. It's his only trip outside the District this week & not helping optics that he is avoiding larger conversation about racial disparity in the US," Reid tweeted. Reid later added that Maine is the "most beautiful place on Earth this time of year" after...
    President Donald Trump canceled his weekend trip to his private golf resort in Somerset County. Despite the coronavirus and statewide George Floyd protests against police brutality, the Federal Aviation Administration had issued a no-fly zone for Bedminster and Morristown for "VIP movement" this weekend, raising the possibility of a presidential visit to Trump National Golf Club, according to media reports Instead, President Trump will fly to Maine on Friday, and return to the golf club in Bedminster next week for a planned fundraiser, according to media reports. Trump is now expected to visit a Maine manufacturer of medical swabs used in coronavirus testing before returning to Washington, D.C. “The president’s looking forward to another working weekend," a senior administration official told Politico. Trump's reception in Maine is not expected to be any prettier. The Portland Press Herald published an editorial Friday calling...
    There will be no crying for this birthday. Dana Jondahl of Saint Paul, Minn., had to cancel her birthday travel plans last month because of the coronavirus pandemic. However, undeterred, the innovative woman dreamed up a different way to have an exciting adventure – all without leaving her front yard. DELTA AIR LINES TO BLOCK MIDDLE SEATS THROUGH SEPTEMBER, CAP CABIN SEATING With the help of an inflatable plane and some other makeshift signs and security screening constructed from cardboard and markets, Jondahl faked her way to a vacation that has since gone viral with nearly 700K views since she posted it three weeks ago. “They told me no traveling for my birthday this year...” the crafty woman wrote, with the hashtags “challenge accepted” and “shenanigans are my specialty.” CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER Dana Jondahl of Saint Paul, Minn., had to cancel her birthday travel...
    (CNN)Eighth-graders at the Waldorf School in Santa Fe, New Mexico had spent the entire year raising $2,800 for their rafting trip, a thrilling end to their time in middle school. But then came Covid-19. Rather than mope after the trip's cancellation, the students chose to make a major impact on the lives of others by using the money to help the Navajo Nation, which is struggling amid the pandemic.In May, the Navajo Nation surpassed New York and New Jersey for the highest per-capita coronavirus infection rate in the US -- another sign of Covid-19's disproportionate impact on minority communities.The students used their $2,800 fund to purchase supplies, which were then delivered to members of Navajo Nation. "I am very proud of my students, but I'm not surprised," Bernard said. "This is a very generous and compassionate group of teens. They have been raised to think outside their own immediate lives...
    Doctors in Barcelona have reportedly been taking coronavirus patients the beach as part of their recovery process. Photos that were taken this week show doctors from Barcelona’s Hospital del Mar wheeling patients to the seaside, according to a report. Hospital patient Isidre Correa is taken to the seaside by intensive health care staff outside the Hospital del Mar on June 03, 2020 in Barcelona, Spain.  (Getty Images) The attempt to humanize its intensive care units comes as Spain has eased restrictions amid declining cases of the novel coronavirus. The lax approach is a stark contrast to just a few months ago when Spain ranked behind in Italy in Europe -- and third overall in the world -- for the highest number of coronavirus cases. At the peak of lockdown, people were prohibited from going outside to exercise, while children couldn’t leave their homes for any reason. ...
    This is why you should never turn down an invitation to go fishing. A Tennessee man recently pulled in a 103-pound catfish on a fishing trip. Unfortunately, he was forced to celebrate alone because none of his friends accepted his invitation. David Anderson went fishing late last Saturday, according to a post on the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency’s Facebook page. According to the post, he didn’t have work the following day and likes to go fishing after boating activity calms down. He asked several friends to come with him, but they all declined. So, none of them were there when Anderson reeled in a 103-pound blue catfish. BORED OF INDOORS? THESE ARE THE BEST OUTDOOR ACTIVIITES FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING Anderson says he first hooked the fish around 11:45 p.m., but it took him over an hour to bring the beast in. After getting the fish into shallow water, Anderson finally...
    Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.This is why you can never turn your back on your kids. A mother in England says she was “mortified” when her son somehow got himself stuck inside of a tree. Somehow, on the 4-year-old’s first outing since the coronavirus lockdowns, he had somehow fallen inside of a hollow tree trunk and was unable to free himself. Lindsey Ibrahim says she had taken her four boys to a local park after spending nine weeks in isolation due to the coronavirus pandemic, but the trip didn't go as planned. (Kennedy News and Media) Lindsey Ibrahim says she had taken her four boys to a local park after spending nine weeks in isolation due to the coronavirus pandemic, the New York Post reports. Unfortunately, the family wasn’t at the park for very long before 4-year-old Finley...