Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 - 12:36:03
805 results - (0.001 seconds)

his career:

He sold out stadiums, produced more than a dozen critically-acclaimed albums and worked with rock luminaries from Willie Nelson to Elton John, who dubbed him the 'fabulous one'. But when a New York Times expose hit newsstands in February 2019, the music came to an abrupt stop for Ryan Adams, 45, one of the most prolific singer songwriters of his generation.  In a searing #MeToo expose, the indie rock star was accused by seven women of dangling career opportunities in return for sex. The alleged victims ranged from an underage singer to his ex-wife Mandy Moore. If they spurned his advances, the women said Adams would use his influence to stifle their ambitions and subject them to harassment and abusive texts.  'Music was a point of control for him,' said Moore, who split from the Grammy-nominated performer in 2016, claiming he was psychologically abusive.  Adams disputed the accuracy of the...
    Félix Hernández’s father had a lot of influence at the beginning of his son’s career | Instagram Félix Hernández After 15 seasons with the Seattle Mariners, Venezuelan Félix Hernández will seek to attend his first MLB playoffs with the Atlanta Braves. His father, of the same name, will be the happiest if he succeeds. They say that Félix Hernández Sr. had a great influence on that decision. The Scouts of the Seattle Mariners cultivated a relationship with the family to explain their plans for Felix and gain his trust. Father of Félix Hernández: “I knew that the perfect one was going to arrive” http://t.co/8JIdcz8D #DeportesLV – La Verdad newspaper (@laverdadweb) August 16, 2012 Félix Hernández’s father drove trucks. One of the first things the pitcher did when collecting his signing voucher was to fix his parents’ house and help him start a transportation company. In 2012, when Hernández got his...
    Smith has accumulated a significant fortune in his 16 NBA seasons | Jason Miller / . The signing of JR Smith as a new Lakers player ensures that the veteran can play his 16th season in the NBA. His agreement was made under a minimum wage, but it will be one more check that will increase the historical earnings of this 34-year-old veteran. The Los Angeles organization will be Smith’s fifth team in the league, having played for the Hornets, Nuggets, Knicks and most recently with the Cavaliers. It has accumulated a total of $ 87.4 million since its debut in 2004. Free agent guard JR Smith has signed his contract with the Lakers, and he is to join them in Orlando pic.twitter.com/adayBvpk6R – De’bowale Osho (@ debornair99) July 2, 2020 His most lucrative deal came with Cleveland in the 2015-16 season, where he signed a four-year, $ 57 million...
    Chris Evans aka Captain America is currently wowing us with his amazing work in his post-Marvel phase. The actor has starred in some amazing roles in films such as Knives Out, Snowpiercer and Defending Jacob. The actor was recently asked if he still misses putting on his Captain America suit and Evans had a rather amazing answer for that. The actor’s exit from the Marvel films has certainly been an emotional one for his fans and certainly for his fans too. While we loved him as Captain America, there’s no doubt it has been equally exciting to watch the actor give incredible performances outside the superhero universe too. Chris Evans Can’t Stop Laughing After Avengers Endgame Co-Star Paul Rudd Wears Thanos’ Infinity Gauntlet (Watch Video). Recently, in an interview with Backstage, the actor spoke about missing Marvel but also excited for what future has in store for him. He said,...
    Veteran Hollywood actor Patrick Stewart has revealed that he is writing a memoir. Stewart, who will turn 80 on July 13, has a deal with Gallery Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, for the book. The yet-to-be-titled memoir is being described as a “revealing and heartwarming look” into Stewart’s life and times, including his iconic roles on stage, television, and film in a career spanning seven decades. The actor found global fame after he played Captain Jean-Luc Picard in the “Star Trek” shows in the 1980s and later for the role of Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men series. John Mayer Breaks His Silence and Reacts to Jessica Simpson’s Memoir Revelations In the memoir, Stewart will also reflect on his childhood in Yorkshire, England, marked by poverty and domestic violence; as well as his lifelong political advocacy and ongoing charity work. “The idea of writing a memoir based on my life and career has been...
    A Missouri lawyer who was criticized after he and his wife brandished an AR-15 and a handgun as protesters marched onto their private St. Louis estate has said his family was scared 'the mob' would 'come into the house, kill us, burn the house down'.  Mark McCloskey, 63, has spoken out in his defense claiming it is 'ridiculous' to call him a racist for his actions as he had spent his career 'defending people that are defenseless' and those that 'need a voice'.  McCloskey joined Tucker Carlson on Fox News on Tuesday night stating 'my black clients love us' and and that he and his wife Patricia McCloskey, 61, did what 'I thought I had to do to protect my hearth, my home and my family'.  He also appeared on CNN's Chris Cuomo, claiming that what he faced was 'terrorism'.   It came a day after St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner,...
    Despite warnings, the US wasn’t prepared with masks for coronavirus. Now it’s too late. Mink worries, rumor patrol, paused reopenings: News from around our 50 states Lionel Messi scored his 700th career goal in a bizarre FC Barcelona draw featuring 3 penalties and an own-goal © Getty/David Ramos Lionel Messi. Getty/David Ramos Lionel Messi scored his 700th career goal as FC Barcelona was held 2-2 in a bizarre draw with Atletico Madrid that saw three penalties and an own-goal. Messi's goal, the second penalty of the night, sees him join an elite group of only six other players that have scored 700 career goals.  Josef Bican, Romario, Pele, Ferenc Puskas, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Gerd Muller are the only others player to have hit the landmark total.  "He will continue to score," Barcelona boss Quique Setien said after, according to Goal. "You don't know what the ceiling is for a player...
    Lionel Messi scored his 700 goal in the game against Atlético Madrid Lionel Messi joined Cristiano Ronaldo as the only active players with 700 goals. The Argentine star achieved the mark in the tie achieved by Barcelona against Atlético de Madrid, a match that ended with a score of 2-2. A Panenka-style definition! For No. 700, to cheeky Panenka. Lionel Messi is the seventh player in history to hit the milestone (via @beINSPORTSUSA) pic.twitter.com/qrbrJ1WRsg – Planet Fútbol (@si_soccer) June 30, 2020 Messi only needed 862 games to reach 700 goals, of which 70 were achieved with the Argentina team shirt. The striker has just turned 33 and still has the physique to perform at the highest level for at least two or three more seasons, so he could reach 800 goals without major problems.
    Many fans might be aware of the story of how former Lakers GM Jerry West convinced then New Jersey Nets coach John Calipari to refrain from signing Kobe Bryant as the #8 pick in the 1996 NBA Draft. Kobe chose to wear the #8 jersey for the first ten years of his career, before switching to #24. Would it have been a perfect match if Kobe was selected as the eight pick by the Nets, 24 years ago? Jerry West undoubtedly pulled off one of the best business moves in his executive career by pushing Calipari out of the picture and trading Vlade Divac to obtain a high-school graduate in 1996. It turned out to be a golden switch as the young teenage star pledged his loyalty to the purple and gold throughout his 20-year career. How Kobe Bryant astonished Jerry West with his raw talent Jerry West knew all...
    Newton to be new Patriots quarterback for 2020 season | Chris Graythen / . In 2020 the era of Cam Newton in the New England Patriots will begin. The prestigious 31-year-old quarterback will join the powerful NFL organization. Now he will have a new experience against rivals from the Eastern Division of the AFC, whom he has little faced in his time in the league. Newton’s career with the Pats’ direct rivals in his area (Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins) is not very long. Because he has played before in his entire career in the NFC South, he has only faced each of these organizations twice. All duels were in 2013 and 2017. The @Patriots’ new QB… @ CameronNewton. pic.twitter.com/6dGCi4SbOf – NFL (@NFL) June 29, 2020 He is 1-1 against the Bills, earning two touchdown passes and one interception, totaling 457 passing yards and accumulating 40 yards...
    Carl Reiner speaks onstage at the LA Premiere of "If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast" from HBO Documentaries on May 17, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California.Jeff Kravitz Carl Reiner, a comedy legend with a career that spanned seven decades, has died. He was 98. Reiner was a prolific entertainer, director, actor, screenwriter and publisher. He died of natural causes on Monday night at his home in Beverly Hills, California, according to Variety. He was the father of actor Rob Reiner. In 1950, after getting his start on Broadway, Reiner was cast on Sid Caesar's "Your Show of Shows," alongside writers like Mel Brooks and Neil Simon. He also appeared on the "Dick Van Dyke Show," a sitcom he created in the 1960s. He directed more than a dozen films during his career, including "The Jerk" and "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" with Steve Martin; "Sibling Rivalry," starring Kristie Alley and Carrie Fisher;...
    Michael Jordan, Arjen Robben. Getty/Jeff Haynes/Soccrates Images Arjen Robben was convinced to come out of retirement after his new team showed him clips from Michael Jordan's "The Last Dance." According to the BBC, Groningen, Robben's boyhood club, produced a montage of clips of Jordan intertwined with clips of the Dutchman to convince him to sign a one-year deal. "I don't have anything to lose and I'm going into the challenge with a positive attitude and to try and make the best of it," Robben said. Jordan first retired from basketball aged 30 in 1993, however returned to the sport less than two years later, after which he won three consecutive NBA titles with the Chicago Bulls for the second time in his career.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Legendary Dutch footballer Arjen Robben was convinced to come out of retirement after his new team showed him clips...
    New York — Mayweather trains her son, her nephew, and David Haney. Photo:Claudio Villa / . After retiring undefeated after 50 fights in the ring, Floyd Mayweather is enjoying a new stage in his life, that of coach, same in which promised to prioritize African American boxers, for considering them â € œyour peopleâ €. “Mexicans support Mexicans, Dominicans support Dominicans, Chinese support the Chinese. I am African American supporting my people first“The expugilist mentioned in an interview for Fighthype. In the context of protests over racism and police brutality in the US, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has decided that, at the moment, he will only train black boxers. â € œMexicans support Mexicans, Dominicans to Dominicans, Chinese to the Chinese. I am African American supporting my people first. pic.twitter.com/oB0NDkql76 – SateliteOnlineMX (@online_satelite) June 29, 2020 So far â € œMoneyâ € train three boys,...
    Chase Daniel, Chicago Bears. (Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images) Chase Daniel’s ability to cash in for holding a clipboard is an art form. Chase Daniel has perfected the art of getting paid to play very little. Daniel may be one of the most celebrated quarterbacks in the history of the Missouri Tigers, but he’s averaged half a start per year in his 10 NFL seasons. When it comes to getting paid seven figures to hold a clipboard and help an offensive coordinator coach from the sidelines, Daniel is the most elite backup quarterback in this department on earth. His compensation for not playing in games is getting out of hand. Bleacher Report’s Adam Lefkoe tweeted out an interesting fact as it relates to Daniel’s bottom line and that of former No. 1 picks Jameis Winston and Cam Newton. “Chase Daniel is being paid more than Jameis Winston and Cam Newton...
    BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady released a trailer for his new Apple TV show “Greatness Code” on Monday, revealing the “defining moment” of his football career. The moment he chose is an odd one considering Brady won six Super Bowls during his career with the Patriots, but it’s Brady’s TV show so it’s his call. In the trailer, the star athletes featured in the series reference the defining moments of their career. For LeBron James — who co-created the series with Brady — he talks about his epic performance against the Celtics in Game 6 of the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals, when he dropped 45 points in a Miami Heat win at TD Garden. Brady’s defining moment, however, came in the regular season. It was quite the regular season, but still, it seems a bit odd to be talking about a regular season win when it comes to one Tom...
    TV shows that are canceled or ending in 2020 Benny Mardones, Into the Night singer-songwriter, dead at 73 Johnny Manziel says football career now ‘in the past’ Johnny Manziel entered the NFL in 2014 as a first-round pick with unbelievable hype. Just two years later, he was out of the league with no hope of returning. Now 27, it seems Manziel has finally moved on from his football career. © Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports Johnny Manziel appears resigned to the fact that his football career is likely over. Manziel lasted just two seasons with the Cleveland Browns before off-field issues pushed him out of the league. He went through myriad legal problems in the following years, including a domestic violence charge in 2016. He eventually found his way back to football in 2018. After joining the Canadian Football League with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Manziel was traded to the Montreal...
    Kawhi Leonard is turning 29 Clippers star Kawhi Leonard is turning 29 and this is an excellent opportunity to review all that he has accomplished so far in the NBA. There are two NBA championships, two MVP awards in the Finals, four times a member of the All-Star Game, three times a member of the ideal defensive teams, twice a Defensive Player of the Year and many more achievements in his relentless journey. Happy 29th birthday, Kawhi Leonard! ◾️ 2 x NBA Champion◾️ 2 x Finals MVP◾️ 2 x DPOY◾️ 3 x All-NBA◾️ 5 x All-Defense ◾️ Comedian◾️ Bleeds antifreezeFuture️ Future (?) Pic.twitter.com/sMWUjRhfn8 – Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) June 29, 2020 Now Leonard will seek to give the Clippers the first title in their history, to continue increasing their impressive resume in the best basketball in the world.
    Getty Kirk Cousins NFC Wild Card round win over New Orleans and the best season of his career likely isn't enough to silence his critics. Last season was a career year for Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins. Not only were his 26-6 touchdown-to-interception ratio and 107.4 quarterback rating career bests, but he also picked up his first playoff win as the prevailing narrative surrounding Cousins was his inability to win in primetime. But was outperforming Drew Brees and ousting the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Wild Card round enough to change his reputation around the NFL? NFL.com’s Grant Gordon took a look at Cousins’ numbers from 2019 concluded that while it was a good start, “naysayers are most difficult to quiet” and “one good season isn’t likely to hush his most vocal critics.” Here’s what Gordon had to say along with how Cousins ranked last year in...
    Johnny Football may need to change his nickname to Johnny Golf. The 27-year-old Johnny Manziel isn’t officially retired from football, but after short stints in the NFL, CFL and AAF, he’s coming to terms with the possibility that he may never play football again. Manziel, who last played for the Memphis Express in March of 2019 before the AAF folded, currently lives in Scottsdale, Ariz. and has been playing a lot of golf, roughly six times a week, he said. And when asked where he believes his football career is right now, the 6-foot quarterback gave a pretty candid answer. “In the past, probably, is the way I’d characterize it,” Manziel told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. “I’ve finally got to a point where I’m trying to achieve happiness in life, not happiness on the football field. “I know a lot of people probably want me to come back and play and...
    Johnny Manziel’s time playing football is over, and he’s okay with that. After two years with the Cleveland Browns, a season in the CFL and a short stint in the AAF before it collapsed, Johnny Football isn’t interested in trying to play football anymore. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) “In the past, probably, is the way I’d characterize it. I’ve finally got to a point where I’m trying to achieve happiness in life, not happiness on the football field,” the former Texas A&M superstar said during an interview with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal when talking about his football career. “I can honestly say I’m happy and I’m doing the right things to try and put a smile on my face every day, and that means more to me than going out and grinding on a football field,” he added.   View this post on...
    Dustin Johnson won the Travelers Championship on Sunday to end a long drought and extend his career-long season victory streak to 13. Johnson closed with a 3-under 67 for a one-stroke victory over Kevin Streelman at fan-free TPC River Highlands. Johnson last won in Mexico City in March 2019. “I’m definitely proud of myself for continuing the streak and I want to keep it going,” Johnson said. “It was a long time between wins, though, and, so, hopefully, it won’t be that long for the next one.” Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus each won in 17 consecutive years. Johnson failed to win in 2014, but is given credit for winning in the 2013-14 season from his victory in the fall of 2013 in Shanghai. The tour changed to a wraparound season in 2013. Johnson tapped in for par on the par-4 18th, raised his ball to acknowledge the smattering of...
    By PAT EATON-ROBB, AP Sports Writer CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) — Dustin Johnson won the Travelers Championship on Sunday to end a long drought and extend his career-long season victory streak to 13. Johnson closed with a 3-under 67 for a one-stroke victory over Kevin Streelman at fan-free TPC River Highlands. Johnson last won in Mexico City in March 2019. “I’m definitely proud of myself for continuing the streak and I want to keep it going,” Johnson said. “It was a long time between wins, though, and, so, hopefully it won’t be that long for the next one.” Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus each won in 17 consecutive years. Johnson failed to win in 2014, but is given credit for winning in the 2013-14 season from his victory in the fall of 2013 in Shanghai. The tour changed to a wraparound season in 2013. Johnson tapped in for par on the...
    These colleges plan to reopen in the fall In Trump country, simmering doubts about president Williams column: Johnny Manziel says his football career is ’in the past’ ... and he’s OK with that © Provided by Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Johnny Manziel was one of college football’s most exciting players in two seasons at Texas A&M, but success in pro football wasn’t in the cards for him. Now out of the game at age 27, living in Scottsdale, Arizona, and playing all the golf he can, Manziel says he couldn’t be happier. [RYAN REMIORZ/THE CANADIAN PRESS VIA AP/FILE] Search Johnny Manziel's name and right below the obligatory link to his Wikipedia page, Google shows you a list of questions that "People also ask." One of those questions being, "Where is Johnny Manziel now, 2020?" I can answer for this weekend: At Hillcrest Golf & Country Club and, by all appearances,...
    CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) — Dustin Johnson won the Travelers Championship on Sunday to end a long drought and extend his career-long season victory streak to 13. Johnson closed with a 3-under 67 for a one-stroke victory over Kevin Streelman at fan-free TPC River Highlands. Johnson last won in Mexico City in March 2019. “I’m definitely proud of myself for continuing the streak and I want to keep it going,” Johnson said. “It was a long time between wins, though, and, so, hopefully it won’t be that long for the next one.” Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus each won in 17 consecutive years. Johnson failed to win in 2014, but is given credit for winning in the 2013-14 season from his victory in the fall of 2013 in Shanghai. The tour changed to a wraparound season in 2013. Johnson tapped in for par on the par-4 18th, raised his ball to...
    By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer LONG POND, Pa. (AP) — Brandon Jones surged down the final two laps to win the wreck-filled Truck Series race, the first of three NASCAR races Sunday at Pocono Raceway. It’s the first time three NASCAR National Series races will be raced on the same day at the same track. It will be the fifth time three National Series races will run on the same day, but those were at different tracks. The Truck race was rained out Saturday forcing the move to early Sunday. The second-tier Xfinity Series and Cup races will follow. Kevin Harvick goes for Cup victories on consecutive days at Pocono. Jones couldn’t enjoy his win for long -- he started seventh in the Xfinity race. The Truck race never got any momentum and dragged from start to finish because of nine caution flags and two red flags on a...
    LONG POND, Pa. (AP) — Brandon Jones surged down the final two laps to win the wreck-filled Truck Series race, the first of three NASCAR races Sunday at Pocono Raceway. It’s the first time three NASCAR National Series races will be raced on the same day at the same track. It will be the fifth time three National Series races will run on the same day, but those were at different tracks. The Truck race was rained out Saturday forcing the move to early Sunday. The second-tier Xfinity Series and Cup races will follow. Kevin Harvick goes for Cup victories on consecutive days at Pocono. Jones couldn’t enjoy his win for long — he started seventh in the Xfinity race. The Truck race never got any momentum and dragged from start to finish because of nine caution flags and two red flags on a sloppy day of racing at Pocono....
    Getty Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has been a major thorn in the side of the Chicago Bears, yet one former Bears WR thinks the team has wasted Rodgers' talents. (Photo by Dylan Buell/Getty Images) Brandon Marshall has never shied away from voicing his opinions, and in a recent appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd, the former Chicago Bears and Denver Broncos wide receiver shared his thoughts on everything from the potential return of troubled wideout Antonio Brown to former NFC North rivals Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers. Marshall spent three years with the Bears (2012-2014), with his lone All-Pro season coming with the team in 2012. Marshall retired after the 2018 season and has been working as a football analyst since. When he and Cowherd were discussing the possibility of Antonio Brown’s return, Marshall said he felt adding Brown could give the Seattle...
    Getty BALTIMORE - 2007: Jedd Fisch of the Baltimore Ravens poses for his 2007 NFL headshot at photo day in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Getty Images) The New England Patriots‘ new QB coach, Jedd Fisch has been around football for decades in multiple spots. Before he began his football journey, he was a law student with a strange connection to the O.J. Simpson murder trial. Follow the Heavy on Patriots Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content! Fisch’s insane persistence, work ethic, and determination have helped him carve out a 23-year football coaching career. Those same traits put him in a position to be present for parts of one of the most memorable events in American history. Fisch wanted to absorb the information and environment around the Simpson trial and he saw no better way than to find his way into the courtroom. Fisch was...
    Dominican shortstop José Reyes is currently 37 years old | Michael Owens / . José Reyes came to the United States from his native Dominican Republic to shine within the MLB since 2003. And he did it: he led the Major Leagues in triples in 2005, 2006 and 2008, and led the National League in stolen bases in 2005, 2006 and 2007. In addition, among other recognitions, he is the all-time leader in runs scored, triples and stolen bases within the New York Mets franchise. But in addition to being an outstanding athlete, “La Melaza” is also an urban music singer. And everything seems to indicate that at 37 he is more focused on his artistic project. The athlete turned musician already has three albums recorded. The first was in 2010 and was called “Channel 1”; four years later he released “Little Big Box :: Flamenco”, with...
    SHERMAN OAKS (KABC) -- A decorated World War II veteran who is celebrating his 100th birthday but that's not the only thing the Marine Corps veteran has achieved.Lt. Col. Sam Folsom's extraordinary life has caught the attention of a TV and documentary producer."100, hard to believe," said Folsom.For his service and sacrifice during the Guadalcanal Campaign, Lt. Col. Folsom was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Purple Heart. While Folsom is a living part of history, he is one of the last surviving World War II Marine Corps combat pilots."All the people that he knew that we knew together friends they are gone," said his wife, Barbara Folsom.And as one of the few remaining WWII veterans still living, Folsom's story has captured the attention of Hollywood. TV producer and friend Steve Barber is working on a documentary about Folsom's 18-year career as a fighter pilot."Two years ago, Sam was...
    Julio Franco challenged time with his wonderful swing | Jed Jacobsohn / . Julio Franco is one of the few athletes who is said to have been born to bat. Today he still thinks that he may be able to face pitchers and connect him solidly, a constant throughout his career in MLB and LIDOM in the Dominican Republic. In his country he wore the uniforms of the Lions of the Chosen One and Oriental Stars and in neither of them did he fade. In fact, he is considered among the top three hitters in the history of Dominican baseball for everything he accomplished. Leones del Escogido 80-81 a team led by Felipe Rojas Alou: Tim RainesPedro GuerreroJorge BellJulio FrancoMario Melvin SotoTim WallachRamon LoraLuis Lora, and several acquaintances of the LVBP such as:Steve RatzerHarry spillmanFrank WhitePat rooneyMike Fischlin – HISTORY, SPORTS AND MORE … (@ GermnJRivas1) June 26, 2020 With...
    When the NBA season came to a halt on March 11, it cruelly put an end to a legendary career. Fans knew before the start of the 2019/20 season that this would be the final year they’ll be seeing Vince Carter in the NBA. The 42-year-old hinted at retirement before the season began, but never would he have thought that it would end this way.  The persisting impact of the coronavirus has caused the NBA to take drastic measures in order to complete the current season. The league was skeptical between canceling the season and resuming it. Finally, early in the month commissioner Adam Silver announced the return, which would only comprise 22 teams from both conferences.  Carter’s Atlanta Hawks are 14th in the East, which means they will not be a part of the NBA’s return. Thus, this officially ends Vince Carter’s career, as his team won’t be making...
    Idris Elba says success has prevented him from experiencing racism. “Success has not negated racism for me. Asking me about racism is like asking me about how long I have been breathing,” the “Luther” actor said during a panel discussion as part of “The Reckoning: The Arts and Black Lives Matter” live-streamed event on Friday. The British born actor, 47, explained that the first time black people have “any consciousness” about their skin color, it is “usually about racism.” “That stays with you regardless of whether you become successful or you beat the system,” he continued. Elba also said that his parents imbued him with a sturdy work ethic, warning him, “If you want to make it in this world, you have to be twice as good as the white man.” Elba was one of over 300 black artists and executives including Viola Davis, Michael B. Jordan, Anthony Mackie...
    In a recent interview, WWE Superstar Cesaro talked about John Cena and his influence on him. He spared no detail on WWE The Bump in praising Cena and explained how Cena inspired him to become the wrestler he is today. “John Cena is one of the top 5 superstars of all time. His work ethic is second to none,” says Cesaro. “His in-ring ability I think is absolutely amazing and everybody knows that and I think it is still underrated.” John Cena faced Cesaro in 2015 in what was one of the best matches RAW has seen over the years. The “Swiss Superman” and Cena put on a great show for the audience who didn’t expect such a well-contested match. “He taught me so much coming to WWE and he was one of the guys who was here full time,” says Cesaro. “He was there at every live event,...
    (CNN)After 22 seasons in the NBA, Vince Carter is hanging up his threads and calling it a career.The 43-year-old on Thursday announced that he is "officially done playing basketball professionally" on his podcast "Winging It With Vince Carter."Carter had previously announced that the one-year deal he signed with the Atlanta Hawks for the 2019-2020 season would be his last. However, after the season was abruptly suspended on March 11 due to the pandemic, his playing career was left hanging in the balance. LA Lakers guard Avery Bradley told ESPN he has opted out of playing when NBA resumes season in OrlandoThe NBA announced plans to restart the season in July at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando with 22 teams. However, the Hawks were one of the eight teams that were not invited due to its poor record."If there was any disappointment because of the season -- any...
    (AP) – Vince Carter made his retirement official on Thursday, announcing on his podcast that his 22-year NBA career has come to an end. The announcement was largely a formality because the 43-year-old Carter had said many times over the course of this season that this would be his last in the NBA. His 22 seasons are the most in league history, and he became the first NBA player to appear in four different decades. Carter appeared in 1,541 NBA games, behind only Robert Parish (1,611) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1,560) on the league’s all-time list. He started his career with Toronto, then played for New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Memphis, Sacramento and spent his final two seasons with Atlanta. Carter’s first season was the 1998-99 campaign, which was shortened to 50 games because of labor strife. His final season was shortened by the coronavirus pandemic, and the Hawks will not...
    By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Basketball Writer Vince Carter made his retirement official on Thursday, announcing on his podcast that his 22-year NBA career has come to an end. The announcement was largely a formality because the 43-year-old Carter had said many times over the course of this season that this would be his last in the NBA. His 22 seasons are the most in league history, and he became the first NBA player to appear in four different decades. Carter appeared in 1,541 NBA games, behind only Robert Parish (1,611) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1,560) on the league’s all-time list. He started his career with Toronto, then played for New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Memphis, Sacramento and spent his final two seasons with Atlanta. Carter’s first season was the 1998-99 campaign, which was shortened to 50 games because of labor strife. His final season was shortened by the coronavirus pandemic, and...
    The NFL, being a contact sport, requires players to compete with shoulder pads and helmets as they are prone to knocks whilst on the field. Opposition defenses target wide receivers and quarterbacks as they are the main offensive weapons. As a result, injuries are second nature to some of these players. At times they play through the pain barrier or they accept fate and take time away from the sport. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been in the NFL for 15 seasons and started in 12 of those seasons. He too has had his fair share of injuries over his time before ‘Packer Nation’. Here, we take a look at some of the times the Super Bowl XLV MVP has gone down over his career. Injuries suffered by Aaron Rodgers 2006: Broke left foot  At the time of his draft, Aaron Rodgers found himself in a situation similar...
    After 22 years on the basketball court, Vince Carter has finally decided to call it a career in the NBA. Professional basketball will never be the same after more than two decades, eight teams, and a player that was literally up to his elbow in the Slam Dunk Contest. On Thursday morning, Carter was a guest on a podcast hosted by The Ringer and the Atlanta Hawks to discuss various topics. As reported by USA Today, he revealed that his time on the NBA’s court was over. “I’m officially done playing basketball professionally. I’ll play at home.” Last year, Carter signed a one-year deal to remain with the Atlanta Hawks, who he signed with before the 2018 season. He already said that the 2019-2020 season was going to be his last, but no-one quite expected it to end the way it did. In mid-March, the NBA suspended play due to...
    Vince Carter announced his retirement from the NBA on Thursday. The Atlanta Hawks released a statement on Carter’s decision. “Over the last two years, Vince Carter has been a committed leader, respected mentor and influential example on the court, in the locker room and in the Atlanta community,” the Hawks said. WNBA'S GABBY WILLIAMS DEFENDS KYRIE IRVING OVER BACKLASH FOR SUGGESTING PLAYERS SIT OUT REST OF SEASON “Throughout his historic 22-year journey covering an unprecedented four different decades, his evolving career arc was perhaps like none other in league history – from Top 5 Draft Pick to Rookie of the Year to Slam Dunk Champion to superstar and eight-time All-Star to Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year and valuable role player. It’s an honor to the Hawks organization that he completed his Hall of Fame career wearing Atlanta across his chest and representing our city.” Carter added on the "Winging It"...
    EX-LIVERPOOL star David N'Gog has retired aged just 31 ... after moving to Lithuania. The French striker spent three seasons at Anfield, scoring 19 goals in 94 games, before leaving in 2011. 2 Former Liverpool striker David N'Gog has announced his surprise retirement aged just 31 The former Paris Saint-Germain youngster went on have top-flight spells with Bolton, Swansea and Ross County after Liverpool. His nomadic career also took him to Reims, Greek club Panionios and Hungarians Honved. N'Gog joined Lithuanian champions FK Zalgiris in January, but has now opted to hang up his boots. Zalgiris coach Alyaksey Baha said: "It is a pity David has ended his career while he is still quite young. "But it is his choice, and I wish him all the best. “His dedication was always at a high level, and I'm glad I could work with him." LADBROKES 1-2-FREE Simply predict Man Utd, Chelsea...
    Eddie Kasko, a former MLB infielder who was an All-Star during his 10-year career, died Wednesday. He was 88. The Boston Red Sox, for whom Kasko played in the final year of his career in 1966, announced his passing. No cause of death was initially given. HOUSTON ASTROS OWNER JIM CRANE SAYS HE PLANS ON ALLOWING FANS AT GAMES TO MAKE UP FOR LOST REVENUE Kasko served two years in the Korean War from 1952-1954 with the U.S. Army Combat Engineers before making his baseball debut. He started his career with the St. Louis Cardinals in 1957 before moving on to play for the Cincinnati Reds from 1959-1963. He was selected to the National League's 1961 All-Star team during a four-year stretch (1959-1962) when Major League Baseball had two such games each year. The New York Times wrote at the time that having two All-Star Games meant more money for MLB...
    One of the fastest hands in Boxing belongs to Ryan Garcia. ‘KingRy’ has been generating buzz throughout his career for his blistering Knockouts and unorthodox movement. Garcia often posts speed bag training videos to his social media and it serves as a reminder of the skills that the 21-year old possess. Although the lightweight division has a history of lighting speed hand movement, Garcia is revolutionizing the game. ‘The Flash’ has backed up his unorthodox techniques with spectacular results inside the ring. Still need to see it to believe it
    For Caron Butler, Kobe Bryant seemed to be by far the toughest opponent he had faced. Talking to Bleacher Report, Butler said Bryant could score from almost anywhere and had an answer for everything. “Hands down Kobe Bryant,” Butler said when asked who was his toughest opponent. “He was just a guy who could operate in a phone booth.” Further, he stated, “He would put you on an island and just get buckets. He could score from anywhere, he could go left, he had counters, he could give it to you all. “T-Mac (Tracy McGrady) also had an impressive offensive arsenal. No way you can guard him either.” Butler remembers speaking to Kobe Bryant just weeks before his death During his 14-year NBA career, Butler played as Bryant’s teammate for a year. He started his career with Miami Heat in 2002 and moved to Los Angeles Lakers in 2004. He...
    CHICAGO (CBS) — Two Chicago Blackhawks legends are among the six newest members of the Hall of Fame, after three-time Stanley Cup champion Marian Hossa and 1982 Norris Trophy winner Doug Wilson were inducted on Wednesday. While Hossa was voted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility, it was a 24-year wait for Wilson, a fan favorite during his long Blackhawks career. Hossa, one of the best two-way players of all-time, played 19 seasons in the NHL, his last eight with the Blackhawks, helping lead them to Stanley Cup championships in 2010, 2013, and 2015. He is the only player in NHL history to play in three consecutive Stanley Cup Finals with three different teams — the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2008, the Detroit Red Wings in 2009 and the Blackhawks in 2010, when he won for the first time. Its official! Three-time #Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champion...
    Bryant Young enters the 49ers’ Hall of Fame as their all-time sack leader. Which current 49er could catch his total of 89 1/2 quarterback sacks? Could anyone, ever? Well, Arik Armstead is the closest, though he trails by 70 1/2 sacks. Perhaps it will be Nick Bosa, who tallied 9 1/2 sacks last season as the NFL Defensive Rookie Year of the Year. “In this day and age, anybody is capable of passing records,” Young said Wednesday on a video conference with reporters. “They’re there as a benchmark to achieve more. There are guys with potential to succeed that. We’ll sit back and eat our popcorn and see what happens.” photo by ron lewis/staff 11.19.00 tribune sportsAtlanta Falcons quarterback Chris Chandler is sacked by Bryant Young in the 2nd quarter Sunday during play against the San Francisco 49ers at 3COM Park.  The 49ers’ sack rankings date only...
    The Brooklyn Bar Association will hold its first-ever Zoom installation on Wednesday evening for its incoming president Anthony Lamberti, the rest of the 2020-2021 officers and the trustees of the Class of 2023. Lamberti, who is taking over for outgoing president Frank Carone, grew up in Gravesend and graduated from Brooklyn Technical High School in 1974 and the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. He started his career as a court officer and went to Brooklyn Law School at night starting in 1986 while he worked to become an attorney. Currently he is a partner at Armstrong & Lamberti PLLC, where he concentrates on guardianships, elder law and trusts and estates. Prior to being in private practice, Lamberti started his legal career as a clerk for Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Seymour Gerschwer and then later for Justice Leonard Scholnick.
    Most of the wrestling fandom is now aware of the story behind Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania 33. Through ‘Undertaker- The Last Ride’, we all got the opportunity to peer into Mark Calaway’s mind, and we’ve seen how much of an impact the match had on him. Mark (The Undertaker) believed he let Roman and the fans down in the ring, something which haunted him for an entire year. Recently, Reigns also opened up about the WrestleMania 33 main event, and how it affected him going forward, as a performer. Reigns spoke about his experience immediately after the match, and how disappointed he was after it. “I just sat in one of these little chairs and cried. It was such an emotional overload, for bad reasons and for good reasons too. “As a perfectionist, I think Mark can agree that we had such an awesome story....
    Matthew McConaughey has paid tribute to the late Joel Schumacher. The actor starred in 1996’s A Time to Kill, which was directed by Schumacher, and served as McConaghey’s big break in many ways. While he had starred in movies before that, the courtroom drama represented his shot at a leading role. McConaughey says he owes his career to Schumacher. Following a year-long battler with cancer, Joel Schumacher passed away at the age of 80 recently. In an interview following the filmmaker’s passing, Matthew McConaughey discussed how Schumacher put up a fight to get him the leading role in A Time to Kill. Here’s what McConaughey had to say. RELATED: Jim Carrey Pays Tribute to Batman Forever Director Joel Schumacher “Joel not only took a chance on me, he fought for me. Knowing the studio might never approve a relatively unknown like myself for the lead in ‘A Time to Kill,’...
    Pablo Sandoval is a member of the Magallanes Navigators in Venezuela | Thearon W. Henderson / . Pablo Sandoval made his debut in the 2006-07 LVBP campaign in the uniform of the Navegantes de Magallanes at the age of 20, where he painted as a future everyday player of the colossi. He barely took 12 turns, hit 4 hits and had a .333 average. The born in Puerto Cabello would act for three consecutive seasons with the shippers, making it clear in the contests of 2008-09 and 2009-10 that his bat had no rivals for the pitching of the circuit with averages of .396 and .395, respectively; adding 15 home runs, 54 RBIs, 20 doubles and 53 scored on both schedules. Pablo Sandoval (Magallanes) woke up today with important numbers 346AVG, 2HR, 7RBI – VzlaMLB (@VzlaMLB) April 13, 2012 The best was yet to come. It was in...
    Nick Kyrgios exploded after Novak Djokovic positive for coronavirus | Kelly Defina / . The controversial tennis player Nick Kyrgios did not keep his words after learning the positive of his counterpart Novak Djokovic to COVID-19 after participating in the Adria Tour tournament in the midst of the pandemic that has claimed thousands of lives around the world. “I send my prayers to everyone who has been infected by COVID-19. Don’t tell me anything about the stupid things I have done during my career, because this is the last straw,” said Kyrgios blaming Djokovic for playing a tournament without measures. sanitary. He’s outraged: Nick Kyrgios’ fierce criticism of Novak Djokovic for running the Adria Tour without security protocols https://t.co/qZxIN3qkPB – depor (@tuitdepor) June 23, 2020 Grigor Dimitrov was the first to announce that he had become ill with coronavirus after the tournament, while Borna Coric followed him among the...
    By Sarah N. Lynch and Diane Bartz WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The federal office that led the prosecution of President Donald Trump's friend Roger Stone received "heavy pressure from the highest levels of the Department of Justice" to ease its sentencing recommendation, career prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky plans to tell Congress, according to his prepared remarks. Zelinsky, who withdrew from the Roger Stone case, will testify on Wednesday before the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee about political pressures that his office faced. He will appear alongside John Elias, a career antitrust lawyer who separately will testify about political interference in antitrust cases involving marijuana companies and the auto industry. (Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch and Diane Bartz; editing by Jonathan Oatis) Copyright 2020 Thomson Reuters.
    Bubba Wallace has been racing automobiles since he was 9 years old, starting in Legends cars and working his way up to NASCAR’s Cup Series over the past decade and a half. His mother has been with him throughout the entire journey — through both the good and the bad. Desiree Wallace on Monday detailed some of the bad during an interview with Joe Madison on SiriusXM Radio. MORE: Mike Skinner’s son posts troubling comment about Bubba Wallace In the context of the noose that was placed in her 26-year-old son’s Talladega Superspeedway garage stall during a rain delay of Sunday’s Geico 500, Wallace was asked by Madison whether the incident of racism was her son’s first as a driver. “To this magnitude, yes,” she responded. “But you know, since Bubba started racing at 9 … this is not his first incident. He’s been involved with incidents on the track. Like if...
    Credit: Jason O. Watson/Getty Images The DH is coming to both leagues for at least this MLB season, but famous slugger Mark McGwire is against the concept. As part of MLB’s plan to play a truncated 2020 season, the universal DH is coming. Whether it sticks beyond that is a question, with a strong case for it given how few pitchers are competent with a bat in their hands. But Mark McGwire, for one, is against the universal DH. In comments to TMZ, McGwire stated his case against the use of the DH in both leagues. “The game of baseball is played with the pitcher hitting. That’s strategy. DH in both league there’s no strategy. And I played 12-plus years for the Oakland A’s. I love the National League.” “If you can’t put on a glove and go out and play defense,” McGwire said, “you shouldn’t be playing the game!”...
    Who should be the next Islander to go into the Hockey Hall of Fame? By: Rob Taub June 23, 2020 ShareTweet0 SharesTomorrow afternoon, the Hockey Hall of Fame will announce its newest inductees for the class of 2020. There will be no New York Islanders getting that distinct honor. In fact, the Islanders organization hasn’t had the chance to see one of their own be bestowed such an accomplishment since 2003. That ’03 class — featuring goalie Grant Fuhr, the late Detroit Red Wings owner Mike Illitch, and Brian Kilrea, who played an instrumental role in the development of the NHLPA (National Hockey League Players Association) — was headlined by Pat LaFontaine. LaFontaine, who was drafted third by the Isles in 1983, played eight seasons for the franchise before a contract dispute sent him to Buffalo. He would go on to play...
    UFC: For Dan Hooker, Saturday night is his chance to prove he’s championship material By: Daniel Cunningham June 23, 2020 ShareTweet0 SharesUFC on ESPN 12 is being headlined by a lightweight matchup with huge implications. The former interim champion, Dustin Poirier (25-6), is looking to get back to a title shot after losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov last September. In the other corner, you have Dan Hooker (20-8) who is looking to prove that he belongs with the absolute best in the world. Early Struggles Hooker will be making the walk for the fifteenth time in his UFC career on Saturday night. His fifteenth UFC fight comes almost six years to the day after his debut back in June of 2014. Hooker started his career in the UFC‘s featherweight division. Hooker was massive for the division, and he always seemed depleted due...
    Josh Evans, a former defensive lineman for the Tennessee Titans, talked about his recent cancer diagnosis in an interview with the team’s website. He was diagnosed with cancer in one of his kidneys in January and underwent a 13-hour surgery that saw doctors remove "his right kidney, part of his pancreas and some of his small intestine in the process." "I'm fighting hard, man, I promise you that,” Evans said. “It ain't easy. But I'm fighting, and I'm praying I can get through this and I can get myself together. I am not going to give up, regardless of the news I get. And I want everybody out there talking to God for me, if they will. Please pray for me. Talk to God for me." MAX TUERK, FORMER USC STANDOUT, DEAD AT 26 Evans has spent the last two weeks at a Cancer Treatment Center in Georgia, but his...
    Getty Martavis Bryant while a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2017. According to a tweet from Rudy Carpenter of Sirius XM NFL Radio, former Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant has “officially applied for reinstatement,” adding, “NFL is going to have some interesting decisions to make.” Former Raider & Steelers WR Martavis Bryant has officially applied for reinstatement….NFL is going to have some interesting decisions to make
    Alfonso Soriano showed his talent in the LIDOM of his country | Hannah Foslien / . Alfonso Soriano had a fleeting step in the LIDOM of his country with the Oriental Stars. Although the Dominican always showed willingness to play, his demanding performance with the different teams he played with in the MLB, separated him on more than one occasion from his fans. Soriano ventured twice into the circuit of the merengue country. The first in 1999-00, where he arrived in the final stages of the calendar to join efforts and try to get a pass to the playoffs. However, and despite being a leading figure, they fell short. Estrellas Orientales 1995 with Vlad Guerrero, Alfonso Soriano, Julio Franco and Felix Jose, among others #brillan pic.twitter.com/RnHPfE7ulA – Paul Soto (@sotopol) January 15, 2015 Then for the 2001-02 campaign, the management of the San Pedro de Macoris club put...
    The University of Mississippi announced Monday that it will retire Eli Manning’s number during the 2020 season. 1️⃣8️⃣ ✅ 3️⃣8️⃣ ✅ 1️⃣0️⃣ ???? ???? https://t.co/2dawi2enGU pic.twitter.com/U08FxzA9E1 — Ole Miss Football (@OleMissFB) June 22, 2020 Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Keith Carter told Manning in a Twitter video that he would like him to attend the Ole Miss Rebels vs. Auburn Tigers game on Sept. 16, so that he could be present for the ceremony. (RELATED: REPORT: MLB And MLBPA Negotiations Accelerate As 40 Players Test Positive For COVID-19) “We couldn’t be prouder or more excited to officially add Eli’s No. 10 to its rightful place among the retired jersey numbers in our football history,” said Carter in an official statement, “His dedication, humility and kindness over the course of his career epitomizes what it means to be a Rebel, and we look forward to celebrating him as a player and...
    Joel Schumacher speaks at a conversation with Joel Schumacher featuring Kiefer Sutherland during the 2014 Hamptons International Film Festival on October 11, 2014 in East Hampton, New York.Eugene Gologursky Joel Schumacher, the costume designer-turned-director famous for films including "St. Elmo's Fire," "The Lost Boys" and two "Batman" films, died in New York City Monday after a year-long battle with cancer. He was 80. Schumacher was born in New York City and attended Parsons and the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. While he started his career in the fashion industry, Schumacher ultimately decided to pursue a career in filmmaking. He moved to Los Angeles and worked as a costume designer before transitioning to directing, writing and producing. Schumacher is probably most well known for his work on "St. Elmo's Fire," a coming of age film featuring Brat Pack actors Rob Lowe and Emilio Estevez, as well as "The Lost...
    “The Undertaker” says goodbye to his 55 years | JP Yim / . The legendary wrestling character “Undertaker” announced his retirement from wrestling and said goodbye forever to WWE. The news caused deep pain among his fans around the world. For many, his farewell has left a great void, despite the fact that the character himself asserted that “Never say never.” However, the tweet published by WWE confirmed that the decision has weight. “At this point in my career I have no desire to go back into a ring. I no longer have ring slopes” – The Undertaker in his documentary #TheLastRideGoodbye to one of the greatest of all time. pic.twitter.com/N26OZyAgfN – WWE in Spanish (#EpytaNdeRogape?) (@FansWWE_es) June 21, 2020 The farewell of the popular “Gravedigger” had the perfect image like few others, because in his last fight against AJ Styles he was set in a cemetery where “Taker” showed...
    The Phillies player has been married since Kayla Varner since 2016 | Patrick Smith / . MLB star Bryce Harper will be a father for the second time by announcing with his wife Kayla Varner that he will have a girl. The couple were married in late 2016 and already have a son, who is the oldest in the family. Girl dad !? pic.twitter.com/5U1dILBRCh – Bryce Harper (@ bryceharper3) June 22, 2020 Bryce Harper is one of the highest contract players in the major leagues today. He has a career offensive line of .276 / .385 / .512 in his time with the Quakers and the Washington Nationals, the team he signed with to be a baseball professional. Among the outfielder’s biggest achievements in his career are the 2015 National League MVP award and five appearances in the All-Star Game.
    Bob Abreu played 16 seasons with the Lions of Caracas in the LVBP | Alex Goodlett / . Venezuelan Bob Abreu had a successful stint in the MLB, in which he played for 18 seasons and left an offensive line of .291 / .395 / .475, with 2,470 hits. Abreu, who wore six uniforms, including that of the New York Yankees, is one of just six MLB players with at least 250 home runs, 2,000 hits, 1,000 runs scored, 1,000 RBIs, 1,000 walks and 300 stolen bases, one club in which he is alongside Barry Bonds, Craig Biggio, Joe Morgan, Rickey Henderson and Willie Mays. Bob Abreu is the 4th player at @leones_cbbc with at least 100 doubles and 500 or more hits in the regular round at @LVBP_Oficial – Wilmer Reina (@WilmerReina) December 28, 2014 Despite being a renowned player in the majors, Abreu saw plenty of action with...
    DAVID DE GEA reportedly has until the end of the season to save his Manchester United career. The Telegraph claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is considering ending the Spaniard’s nine-year Old Trafford spell after his huge blunder in the 1-1 draw at Spurs. 1 Stats show De Gea is the WORST goalkeeper in the Premier League this season. And former United star Gary Neville believes the 29-year-old is not the same player he was years before. Roy Keane also had some harsh words for De Gea after he failed to keep out a shot from Steven Bergwijn at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last week. LADBROKES 1-2-FREE Simply predict Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City scores this coming weekend and win £100 And De Gea is now believed to have just eight league games to salvage his United career. The Spain international is under immense pressure from 23-year-old Dean Henderson, who has...
    Kelly Clarkson’s friend Blake Shelton is 'stuck in the middle' of her divorce as her ex Brandon Blackstock still manages his career. While the American Idol star has been learning on her fellow Voice coach for support, The Blast claims Blake "has found himself smack dab in the middle of his two friends' divorce battle". 6 Blake (centre), Brandon and KellyCredit: Getty Images - Getty According to Us Weekly, Blake has been a pillar of support for Kelly over recent weeks. A source revealed: "Blake has been supportive and the friend she has needed, as always." While her ex Brandon is Blake's manager, Kelly is believed to be so close to the country singer that they "often joke they are siblings". Blake's partner and fellow Voice co-worker Gwen Stefani has also reached out to Kelly at this tough time. 6 Blake and Kelly are closeCredit: Getty Images - Getty 6...
    Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum recalled growing up with his father on Sunday. Tatum, who grew up in Missouri, recalled his father being hard on him as he coached him in basketball in an interview with KSDK-TV. WARRIORS' STEVE KERR CRITICIZES TRUMP'S RAMP STORY DURING RALLY: 'WE DESERVE BETTER' “He was like the meanest person ever when I was growing up,” he said of his father Justin. “If I messed up, he was harder on me than he was the other kids. I used to cry every day, I used to basically almost quit basketball every day because of him. Tatum said that it was those tough lessons helped him get to where he is today. “He saw the potential in me before I saw it in myself, so having him be that tough on me in basketball really, you know, made me tougher on and off the court,” he...
    ROY KEANE says he was "stabbed in the chest" because he was too nice to people during his career as a player and manager. The Manchester United icon had a hard man reputation during his playing days and carried that demeanor into his management and punditry career after he retired. 3 Roy Keane says he was 'stabbed in the chest' for being 'too nice' during his career as a player and a manager 3 The Irishman is now a pundit and has carried his angry demeanor into his TV work But the Irishman reckons he had no choice as people took advantage of him if he was "too soft". Keane also doubts he would have made it in football without the hard edge to his personality. Speaking to the Irish Independent, Keane said: "Sometimes I was too hard. Sometimes I was too soft. "If I was critical, looking back on...
    OLYMPIAN Andrew Selby has announced his retirement from boxing aged 31 and only 13 professional fights into his career. The Welshman, who represented Britain in the London Games in 2012 but did not medal, revealed he decision to walk away from the sport on Facebook. 1 Andrew Selby has announced his retirement from boxing aged 31Credit: Getty Images He wrote: "Just to let everyone know I've given up the boxing game.. thank you for the fans..sponsors." Selby is regarded as one of the most talented amateur boxers Britain has produced, winning Silver and Bronze world championship medals as well as two European gold's. He turned pro in 2015 winning the British title after five fights and one year in the pro ranks. But a lack of top tier opposition meant Selby's ability was largely unappreciated despite beating ex-world champion Cristofer Rosales in 2017. The flyweight lost his first fight in...
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER'S 50-0 undefeated boxing record has been officially topped after the retirement of Thai fighter Wanheng Menayothin. Menayothin - known as the 'Dwarf Giant' - quit the ring on Sunday with a superb record of 54-0. 6 Thai boxer Wanheng Menayothin retires with a 54-0 recordCredit: AFP 6 Floyd 'Money' Mayweather quit the ring with a 50-0 recordCredit: Getty Images - Getty 6 The Thai fighter is known as the 'Dwarf Giant' but has never competed abroadCredit: AFP or licensors Money Mayweather retired in 2017 after overtaking legendary heavyweight Rocky Marciano's record by beating UFC superstar Conor McGregor. Marciano had made it to 49-0 in 1955 and 62 years later, megarich Floyd took the crown of boxing's best stats. But WBC minimumweight champ Menayothin leapfrogged Mayweather by taking his record to 51-0 in August 2018. His unbeaten tally now stands at 54-0 and with the 7st 7lbs fighter's retirement...
    Bartolo Colón published a memoir in May | Michael Zagaris / . If you have pitched for three decades in the big leagues, you surely have a lot to tell. That was what Bartolo Colón thought when he decided to publish his book “Big Sexy: In His Own Words”, which went on sale in May. The 47-year-old Dominican Colon has 22 seasons of service in the majors. He hasn’t pitched at this level since 2018, but he doesn’t lose hope of getting a contract to return to MLB. Exactly that is one of the things that counts in his book: his desire to retire with the New York Mets. “Big Sexy: In His Own Words” covers the career of the Dominican pitcher in professional baseball. It spans from his signing with the Cleveland Indians at age 20 in 1993 to his current state. But Colón says that in the 207-page...
    Kaepernick is one of the most important leaders of social protest in the world of sports | Leon Bennett / . Colin Kaepernick managed to become one of the most interesting quarterbacks of his generation, but due to his status as a figure in the protest against inequality he ended up being removed from the NFL. Currently there is talk that he could receive an opportunity to return to the league and he is waiting to be able to sign with some organization for the 2020 season. The net worth calculated for Kaepernick in 2020 amounts to $ 20 million, which are comprised of wages and as a celebrity in the six seasons he played with the 49ers throughout his career. Colin Kaepernick Net Worth https://t.co/O94mZR2iEJ pic.twitter.com/x8gGfoEFMr – Wealthy Gorilla (@WealthyGorilla) June 15, 2020 Between 2011 and 2016, Kaepernick received $ 43.4 million in wages and that is that...
    The Venezuelan-born slugger has been one of the best players in the majors in recent years | Rich Schultz / . On June 20, 2003 Miguel Cabrera made his MLB debut with the Florida Marlins. That day began his journey at the highest level of baseball that this week reached 17 years. The Venezuelan has been one of the best exponents of his generation in major league baseball. He achieved the Triple Crown batting in the American League in 2012 with the Detroit Tigers, and twice won the MVP award of the season. An INCREDIBLE career started on a day like today in 2003. ⚾️? pic.twitter.com/FvGgFQ71H2 – LasMayores (@LasMayores) June 20, 2020 He also has a World Series crown with the South Florida team. Today, Cabrera has 477 home runs in his time in the majors. He has everything going for him to finish with a round figure to help...
    Gregory Shamus/Getty Images Pittsburgh Steelers WR Nate Washington during the AFC championship game against the Baltimore Ravens in 2009. Former NFL wide receiver Nate Washington won two Super Bowls as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he almost missed out on the chance to win either. Appearing yesterday on the Midday 180 on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville, Washington revealed how his Steelers’ career nearly ended before it had a chance to get started, thanks to a freak injury to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Nate Washington: Undrafted Free Agent from Tiffen UniversityThe story begins with Washington—an undrafted free agent from Tiffen University—beating long adds to earn a place on the Steelers’ roster as a rookie in 2005. But prior to the team’s week two game at Houston, head coach Bill Cowher called Washington into his office to say, “‘Nate, unfortunately we’ve got to move you down to...
    Famous football families have another reason to celebrate every third Sunday in June: It’s typically the time of the offseason to reflect on pride and pedigree. There have been countless father and son combinations to perform in the NFL. In honor of Father’s Day, Sporting News’ looks at 30 of the most notable father-son pairings with connections to the league, including player, coaches and officials: 1. The Mannings Father Archie and sons Peyton and Eli From New Orleans to New York, Indianapolis to Denver, Mississippi to Tennessee, they’re the beloved unofficial first family of the NFL. They stick together through everything, including funny rap videos. 2. The Matthewses Father Bruce and son Jake Matthews If Jake, the Falcons’ first-round left tackle in 2014, can have half the career of his legendary Oilers/Titans lineman father, it would be pretty darn good. 3. The Matthewses 2 Father Clay Jr. and sons Clay III and...
    Guillén made his major league debut with Seattle | Christian Petersen / . On the list of good Venezuelan shortstops who have passed through the MLB is the name of Carlos Guillén. Born in Maracay, Aragua state, he spent 14 seasons in the Major Leagues. At that time, he wore the uniforms of the Seattle Mariners and the Detroit Tigers, went to the All-Star Game 3 times, and was 10th in the MVP vote in the 2010 campaign. Santana was really stunned by the retirement of Carlos Guillén, his friend and companion at the Magallanes. – Carlos V. Rodríguez (@CarlosValmore) March 6, 2012 Despite being established in the majors, Guillén played for 10 seasons in the LVBP, always with the Navegantes del Magallanes. From his debut in the 1994-95 harvest until the last time he stepped on the field as a club player in 2008-09, Guillén was in 179 crashes....
    Howard is in his second trip with the Lakers | Stacy Revere / . Dwight Howard has been one of the most dominant centers in the NBA for more than a decade, establishing him as one of the highest paid in the league. In season 16 as a professional and in a veteran role he continues to accumulate earnings for his career. His net worth calculated for 2020 is in the order of $ 140 million, which includes his wages as a basketball star and also all kinds of sponsorships, being a charismatic celebrity in the world of sports. Dwight Howard Net Worth https://t.co/h9LlBDkxTx pic.twitter.com/EffqW39b1u – Dan Western (@DanGWestern) June 1, 2020 Howard has played in seven different organizations accumulating a total of $ 238 million, reaching in the 2017-18 season with the Hornets the highest salary of his career with $ 23.5 million. He currently has a tight...
    (CNN)Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx has confirmed that he will play Mike Tyson in an upcoming biopic about the life of the American former heavyweight boxer.Casting for the highly anticipated film, with Foxx in the lead role, was first announced in 2014 but after a six-year hiatus there had been some doubts about whether it would be made. Speaking to Hollywood producer Mark Birnbaum in an Instagram Live interview on Thursday, the 52-year-old actor, who is also a comedian, singer and producer, put an end to those rumors, revealing he had been bulking up with a grueling exercise regime in preparation for filming.When asked whether the film would go ahead, he gave an emphatic "yes." View this post on Instagram The greatest of our generation for the hour Jamie Foxx A post shared by Mark Birnbaum (@markbirnbaum) on Jun 17, 2020 at 4:30pm PDT "It's a definitive yes," he told...
    Getty Jamal Agnew returns a kickoff in Philadelphia. The Detroit Lions have a talented player capable of making a big impact in Jamal Agnew, and interestingly enough, he could be set to make one in every phase of the game this coming season. While the Lions want Agnew to play some offense at wide receiver, the chance also exists for him to flip back to defense and play cornerback as well. One could imagine that type of scenario would come into play if the Lions struggle with injuries on the back end as they have in years past. The comments on the matter were made by Darrell Bevell when speaking with reporters, and he said that he believes Agnew is capable of impacting both sides of the ball this fall. Interesting development from today’s presser. Bevell said Agnew could flip back to defense if they need him to...
    Donald Trump’s recollection of Colin Kaepernick’s football career should not matter considering the 74-year-old clearly and understandably does not closely follow sports. But in the context of an NFL career that was halted prematurely in an intersection of sports and politics, words from the president of the United States carry significant weight. This is especially the case when so many use perceptions of Kaepernick’s six seasons in the league as ammunition when arguing whether he should or should not be on an NFL roster in 2020, almost four years after he began sitting and then kneeling during the national anthem at games in protest of racial injustice and police brutality. There has been a crescendo of voices calling for Kaepernick’s return to the NFL amid a global movement against racial injustice in recent weeks. Which is why Trump on Wednesday was asked whether he thinks Kaepernick should get another shot in the NFL. MORE: The...
    There are many players in the NBA who could have changed the course of their career if things hadn’t decelerated. One of them being, Derrick Rose who achieved his career-high 50 points after ten years into the league. It was an emotional moment for the man who went through a tough phase over the years. If you ask Derrick Rose about his most memorable moments in the NBA, this will probably top the charts. It was back in 2018-19 season when he had signed a one year contract with Minnesota Timberwolves. In a game against Utah Jazz, Rose stepped into the 50-point club for the first time. But why was this accolade an emotional moment for the 30-year old? Derrick’s career touched heights at a very young age and also dropped immediately with the consecutive injuries. He was the NBA Rookie of the Year in 2008 when Chicago Bulls had...
    Getty Lionel Messi celebrates against Leganes Lionel Messi has offered an explanation for his goal celebration after scoring for the 699th time in his incredible career on Tuesday for Barcelona against Leganes. The Barcelona captain netted from the penalty spot to seal all three points at the Camp Nou in La Liga and brought out a celebration that left many fans wondering what the Argentine was thinking. Our leader Lionel Messi
    A former University of Southern California football player had his expulsion reversed by a California appeals court, after he was kicked out of school in 2017 due to a Title IX domestic abuse allegation, Reason reported. Matt Boermeester was a kicker for USC until 2017. In January of that year, two students saw Boermeester put his hands around his girlfriend's neck and push her against a wall and reported the incident. Boermeester said they were just "horsing around." His girlfriend, Zoe Katz, told USC investigators that she has "never been abused, assaulted or otherwise mistreated by Matthew Boemeester; not on January 21, 2017, and not ever." The Los Angeles Times reported that Katz had initially confirmed the allegations before denying any abuse later on, but said her previous statements had been "misrepresented, misquoted, and taken out of context." Investigators reportedly disregarded her denials and categorized her as...
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indianapolis Colts will add career sacks leader Robert Mathis to their Ring of Honor this year. The team announced Monday the induction ceremony will take place Nov. 22 when the Colts host the Green Bay Packers. Mathis played his entire 14-season NFL career in Indianapolis and was best known for his chop to jar balls loose from quarterbacks. He finished his career with a franchise-record 123 sacks, 17th all-time, and a league-record 47 strip sacks. He was the inaugural Deacon Jones Award winner in 2013 and was named an All-Pro that season after leading the NFL with 19 1/2 sacks. “From a fifth-round pick from a small college to one of the most effective and feared defensive players in the NFL, Robert Mathis was a centerpiece of the historic Colts teams of the last two decades,” Colts owner Jim Irsay said in a statement. “He was...
    PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Robert Fleury knew he wanted to serve his country when he was a teenager, so he signed up for one of the most remote assignments in World War II - tracking the weather for the U.S. Navy in the frigid Aleutian Islands off Alaska. He would later parlay the skills he learned in Quonset huts along the Bering Sea into a decades-long career with the National Weather Service. In Portland, Maine, where he and his wife moved after the war, the friendly, good-natured Fleury would take it in stride when he occasionally botched a forecast and was teased by town golfers after it rained on their game. TOP STORIES Trump finalizes rule defining gender as a persons biological sex Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago: An absolute disgraceful act D.C. mayor sued over Black Lives Matter on street to White House “He would...
    The Kansas City Chiefs came into existence in 1960 when they were known as the Dallas Texans in the American Football League. The Texans would soon move to Kansas City and become the Chiefs in 1963. The Chiefs would put themselves on the map when they defeated the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV to become the second AFL team to win the big showdown with the NFL. It would take several more decades before the Chiefs would be in another Super Bowl. Patrick Mahomes led the team to the Promised Land during the 2019 season and become the youngest quarterback to win Super Bowl MVP. In between, the Chiefs have produced Hall of Fame players who have made a significant impact in the NFL. Which players are on the team’s all-time Mount Rushmore? Check out the list below to find out. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM **...
    NEW YORK (AP) — Jockey Jose Ortiz notched his 2,000th career victory on Thursday, riding Creed to a win in the fourth race at Belmont. The 26-year-old rider’s win total includes 17 from his native Puerto Rico. Creed won by 7 3/4 lengths and paid $7.60 to win for Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey. Ortiz has purse earnings of more than $156 million since his first North American victories in 2012. He won the 2016 Belmont Stakes with Tapwrit and has three Breeders’ Cup victories. He led the nation in victories with 351 and purse earnings of $27,318,875 in 2016, when he won the Eclipse Award as outstanding jockey. His older brother, Irad Ortiz Jr., earned his 2,000th win in 2018. ___ More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
    Claudell Washington, a two-time All-Star outfielder who played 17 seasons in the majors after being called up as a teenager by the Oakland Athletics, has died. He was 65. Washington died early Wednesday morning in the Bay Area according to his friend, A’s scout and former major leaguer Shooty Babitt. Washington had been battling prostate cancer. Babitt, who followed Washington’s path from Berkeley High School to the Athletics, called Washington his “baseball hero” and said he taught him never to accept a losing effort. Washington played with seven teams in his career, finishing with 1,884 hits, 164 home runs and 312 stolen bases. He made the All-Star Game in 1975 with the A’s and in 1984 with the Atlanta Braves during his long career. Former Braves teammate Dale Murphy said on Twitter that Washington was a favorite among teammates and in the clubhouse wherever he played and said he was...
    The Tigers did just as expected, taking the consensus top prospect with the first pick in Wednesday’s abbreviated 2020 MLB Draft. Detroit selected Arizona State first baseman Spencer Torkelson, who joined Rick Monday in 1965 (A’s), Floyd Banister in 1976 (Astros) and Bob Horner in 1978 (Braves) as Sun Devils to be drafted No. 1 in the draft. Torkelson hit 54 homers in his 129-game Arizona State career, finishing his freshman year with 25 home runs to break Barry Bonds’ freshman record (11) in his first 25 games. The 6-foot-1, 220-pound right-handed hitter finished his career with a .337/.463/.729 slash line with more walks (110) than strikeouts (104).
    FORT WORTH, Texas — Maybe it’s taken a three-month pandemic pause to tournament play and — a home game as the sport returns to competition — to lift Jordan Spieth out of his three-year-long funk. This week’s Charles Schwab Challenge, the first PGA Tour event to be played since March, is at Colonial Country Club, a very familiar course for the native Texan Spieth. It, too, is a tournament at which he’s had terrific success, winning in 2016, posting two runners-up finishes (2015 and 2017) and with five top-10 finishes in the seven times he’s played it. His career scoring averaged is 67.79. Spieth has fallen from the penthouse to an abyss. Not long ago, he was the top-ranked golfer in the world seeking only a PGA Championship to complete the rare career grand slam. Now he’s No. 56 in the world rankings. The word is that Spieth, with the...
    Detroit Lions running back Bo Scarbrough has remained focused on finishing his criminal justice degree and pursuing a different path once his football career is over. Scarbrough, 23, was finishing up classes at the University of Alabama in the offseason to complete his degree in hopes of one day making it to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The pro football player was hitting the books once again in January, ESPN reported Tuesday. ROB GRONKOWSKI, BUCCANEERS MAKING DONATION TO TAMPA HIGH SCHOOL THAT LOST FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT IN FIRE “At some point, we have to do something for ourselves. Like we went to college. Like, we went to this school and made it to the NFL … We do everything people asked of us and we have to reward ourselves with something,” he told the outlet at the time. “We have to be proud of ourselves for doing something for ourselves. Like everybody is...
    With the city barely beginning to emerge from its worst crisis in at least two decades, it’d be nice if Mayor Bill de Blasio just focused on his job — and left off his ham-handed efforts to promote his wife’s political career. Especially when the game only reduces confidence in his policies. The mayor Tuesday “revealed” that wife Chirlane McCray drove his decision to shift funding from the NYPD to youth social services. He plainly meant to play up her so-called leadership as co-chair of his Racial Inclusion and Equity Task Force — a job that itself is transparently another Blas effort to boost her chances of winning office as term limits force him to step down. But everyone else can’t help but recall her disastrous role in pouring $1 billion down the drain with her ThriveNYC initiative, which also relied on social services as a game-changer. The move won’t...
    ATLANTA (AP) — Running back Todd Gurley has passed his physical, clearing the final hurdle for his return to Georgia with the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons said Tuesday that Gurley passed his physical on Monday in Atlanta. Gurley’s $6 million, one-year deal with Atlanta was made official on April 6. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NFL didn’t allow players to report to their new teams immediately for physicals. Gurley’s physical was notable because he has a history of knee problems, including an injury while a standout for the Georgia Bulldogs. A persistent left knee injury limited his effectiveness late in 2018 with the Los Angeles Rams. He played in 15 games last season. Quarterback Matt Ryan said Tuesday he recently spent time with Gurley in California and was impressed by the running back. “I was able to spend a couple of weeks getting to know him a little better,...
    Justin Bieber has promised to fight racial discrimination after acknowledging that he has “benefited off of black culture.” “I am inspired by black culture. I have benefited off of black culture,” the 26-year-old performer wrote in an Instagram post Saturday. “My style, how I sing, dance, perform, and my fashion have all been influenced and inspired by black culture.” He continued, I am committed to using my platform from this day forward to learn, to speak up about racial injustice and systemic oppression, and to identify ways to be a part of much-needed change.” View this post on Instagram A post shared by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) on Jun 6, 2020 at 2:53pm PDT Bieber was mentored by Usher from the age of 13 and grew up listening to Stevie Wonder and Boyz II Men. Last week, he and wife Hailey Baldwin had a long conversation with activist and CNN...
    Justin Bieber opened up on Saturday, saying "black culture" has made a strong influence on his career. The 26-year-old singer's statement came via Instagram, where he shared a written message. "I am inspired by black culture. I have benefited off of black culture," he wrote. PRINCE'S ESTATE SHARES HANDWRITTEN NOTE ON INTOLERANCE FROM ICON, 'BALTIMORE' MUSIC VIDEO "My style, how I sing, dance, perform, and my fashion have all been influenced and inspired by black culture." He concluded: "I am committed to using my platform from this day forward to learn, to speak up about racial injustice and systemic oppression, and to identify ways to be a part of much needed change." SNOOP DOGG REVEALS HIS PLANS TO VOTE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THIS NOVEMBER Bieber has been particularly vocal in his support of the Black Lives Matter movement, sharing many messages on social media regarding the topic, including quotes from...
    For nearly 60 years, Tom Jones has been delighting audiences with stunning stage performances and hits like “It’s Not Unusual” and “Delilah.” The Welsh baritone who drew comparisons to Elvis turns 80 on Sunday. This gallery of images shot by The Associated Press shows Jones throughout his life and career. Jones has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, reinventing himself for new audiences over the years. The flowing shirts and tight leather pants of his early career gave way in the 1980s to black jeans and turtlenecks. Jones has dabbled with other musical styles as well, including blues and gospel. Jones was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2006 and for several seasons has been a mentor on the U.K. version of the singing show “The Voice.” Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
    Matt Harvey’s comeback attempt may take him to Korea. The Post confirmed on Friday a Korean-based report by SBS that Harvey’s representatives with Scott Boras’ agency reached out to KBO teams. According to the report, there’s no match yet, but it remains a possibility. KBO rosters allow a maximum of three foreign players and only two can be pitchers. The South Korean league is one of the few professional leagues that has resumed action and Harvey, 31, had not found a new home in the MLB by the time spring training was shut down in March due to the coronavirus pandemic. Harvey had a workout with the Blue Jays in Connecticut in February, but didn’t receive a contract offer and has been throwing bullpen sessions regularly since then. But with MLB and the Players Association still unable to strike a deal to return to play, there’s little chance Harvey could...
    (CNN)Another day, another record broken by Cristiano Ronaldo.The Portuguese superstar has now become the first football player in history to earn more than $1 billion during his playing career, according to Forbes.The Juventus forward has made $650 million through football alone with the rest coming from an array of endorsement deals off the pitch.He becomes only the third athlete to break the billion dollar milestone whilst still playing, joining Tiger Woods and Floyd Mayweather in that illustrious club.READ: Osaka becomes highest-paid female athlete in history after earning $37 million last yearRead MoreREAD: Federer is the highest-paid athlete in the world as only two women make top 100Cristiano Ronaldo became the first team athlete to reach the $1 billion milestone. Messi rivalryRonaldo made a pre-tax total of $105 million this year, making him the second-highest-paid athlete over the last 12 months -- behind only Roger Federer.His fierce rival Lionel Messi has...